What’s wrong with me? : I’m not... - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support

53,776 members54,278 posts

What’s wrong with me?

Cdaisydoo
Cdaisydoo

I’m not acrophobic. But I do notice the only time I go is to have a drink with friends. I don’t go anywhere on my own. I’m not scared to go outside, I walk my dog everyday.

I used to love days out in town shopping on my own, now I’m terrified of doing that. I’m just so scared of everything.

I haven’t worked due to becoming a carer and now I have been offered some interviews and I’m so scared to go. I think it’s the change I’m scared of. I’ve never actually honestly voiced this before as I’m too ashamed to reach out.

I don’t know why I’m like this and I feel so trapped. What is wrong with me? I don’t know how to get over it. I feel like I’m so young and I’ve never had a life, and never really will. I don’t know how to fix it.

1 Reply
oldestnewest

Hi Cdaisydoo, I've got agrophobia but it's strange I hate supermarkets and going into Town, whenever I go with my step sis we always end up arguing anyway. But I would like to go into Town once every couple of weeks with someone I didn't argue with. As I've got older (55) and have the pain and fatigue of fibro for the past 12 years I'm getting happier to stay in and watch a good movie and someone to snuggle up to. The last is still on my wish list lol! But seriously I don't see the point of putting myself through stress or pain unnecessarily. I do want to get out more...maybe a little bit of church to get mixing, and a course to go on..that kind of thing. Good luck to you xx

You may also like...