Anxiety and Depression Support
23,742 members22,184 posts

New Meds/Have you tried?

I just got a new kind of medication, I haven't used it yet. It's called Trazodone, forgot to ask if it's addictive? Nor did the doctor tell me if it was? From the way she spoke of it, sounds luke serious stuff. Suppose to help with sleep?

16 Replies
oldestnewest

I’ve never heard of it but if you don’t want to wait to talk to your doctor about the side effects I suggest googling it 😊

Thanks for your reply, just thought I'll call my pharmacist,

1 like

i’ve been on trazodone, it just knocks me out. not physically addictive but you can grow a dependence on it to sleep because your body’s used to it for sleeping.

Thanks, how much of a dosage did you take? 1 tablet or half of one?

i take 100 mg if i wanna get knocked out. 50 mg didn’t really make me tired but i think that’s just bc my anxiety is so bad. sometimes 100 mg won’t even make me tired. it all depends on you though:)

Just made me dizzy and didn't help with sleep at all. Only time I took it was when I was inpatient and my anxiety was through the roof

Thanks Kelly, I guess one pill does not fit All? I'm going to try half a table First, it's hard to find something that works for me? Don't like relying on medication, I've tried All kinds natural ways, I feel so sick from being sleep deprived, it's elevating my anxiety, I've hit myself out of frustration, I just want help to put myself on a schedule, I'd like to get a job.

I was on trazadone for months. only 50mg and it really helped me sleep well. but sometimes gave me bad dreams.

Thanks for that information, is that Why you stopped using it? Because of the bad dreams? I did something weird, I shopped in my sleep??? I dreamed I did? But wasn't sure? My dream seemed so real, but I did, thank God it didn't cost a lot.

no i stopped taking it because i just didn’t need it anymore. and yea, it gave me very really dreams like wake up and think wow did i really do that? lol

How did you know you didn't need it anymore? so do you think it helped put you in a pattern to sleep?

to be honest, i just feel like i grew out of it i think. i still use it from time to time when i cannot sleep but i dont regularly use it anymore.

Glad to hear that, hope it works like that for ME? 🙃

1 like

hope so ❤️

I have a prescription for it also. Take 50 mg. It is supposedly not addictive yet I think you could become dependent on it...I try not to take it. Would rather not sleep then depend on sleep meds but that's just my opinion.

Thanks, I tried it for the first time last night, I had Bad foot pain, feel drowsy, but couldn't sleep because of my foot pain. So I got rid of the pain, took the other half of the pill, fell asleep pretty easily, but developed a stomach ache. So I'll try again tonight. I was planning on using them long enough to develope a sleep pattern, then use them as needed? I don't think I would get use to them. I've taken prescription opioids for kidney stones and didn't get addicted to them, problem is people don't follow directions on using them.

You may also like...