Invisible amongst friends: You make... - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support

57,132 members57,359 posts

Invisible amongst friends

Svtempus
Svtempus

You make plans, simple, a meal out, for more than a week you choose a place, start looking forward to it... then the day before... “hey we are moving the dinner a night” and you are left with an uneasy feeling. You understand that plans can change but you were never asked if you could change your plans, you were informed of it. I know I might be making a big deal of nothing but at what point do you become so stale, that no one considers whether you are available or not, whether you had to accommodate plans and it’s not such an easy task to make other time. I appreciate my friends but I feel hurt when I’m nothing but a granted presence who will bend over to always accommodate others. I am truly alone sometimes and if I dare say how I feel I am dismissed, because after all, if I have no life, I have no reason to feel.

2 Replies
Hidden
Hidden

I know that feeling. Sometimes people mistake kindness for weakness.

I can understand how you feel and I don’t think you are wrong in feeling it. If you feel like you are being taken for granted, maybe it is time to evaluate that relationship. Change how you look at the situation for a moment and try and see it from the perspective of it happening to someone else. What advice would you tell that person? .... talk to your friend... it isn’t really as bad as it seems.... or these people aren’t worth it. Whatever advice you would give to someone else is the right path. Friends will come and go, but feeling used is never acceptable. I wish you peace.

You may also like...