Anxiety and Depression Support
29,446 members30,004 posts

Don't Want To Get Out Of Bed

I had a relatively good night's sleep (due to meds I take) but when the sun is up I'd rather lay in my bed for hours awake, even with my eyes closed than go into the rest of my apartment. Do any of you feel the same way ? Has anyone mastered a way to overcome this habit?

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Yes, I still fell that way sometimes...but now I'm turning it into my time to wake up, and start writing.....kind of gets me motivated. I'm too old now to go out riding bikes, so my realistic goals are a bit more limited...I do get outside everyday for a bit, walk around the garden....try to take in the beauty .... I'm trying to eat more of the veggies we are growing....needing to keep moving is hard sometimes Harvey...it's just this sadness that gets a grip on us...and we can't feel guilty we feel like crap some days....but you want to live too.....so.....do you like photography....it's so simple now....digital. Do you like to paint or do any art work..... how about keep writing your life story....have you ever thought of writing a book?.... how about online classes.... they don't care what you look like, how old you are...and it's another way to connect to the world. You deserve to have happiness in this life my friend....we all do...how ever it comes to us, accept it...we can learn to love and be loved....

I’m having one of those days now Harv. I totally get it. I’m here reading posts for motivation and encouragement that I can get up and make it through another day.

Hi HarvlnNY, I know exactly how you feel because I am also unable to get out of bed in the morning. I stay hours in bed although I had a good night's sleep. I am searching for a solution too. I am writing this post because I relate with your experience. It feels comforting too when there is someone going through the same thing I am going through.

Thank you for writing what you did. It does feel comforting to know that someone is going through what you're going through.

Yes..me too..I wake up after a good sleep and I just stay in bed..I do force myself out..if I then sit down again I can easily fall asleep again..even if I've slept for 10 hrs...I hate it..

You may also like...