I need support : Hi all I'm feeling so... - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support

53,507 members54,052 posts

I need support

Tryinghard7946
Tryinghard7946

Hi all

I'm feeling so alone and sad. This anxiety depression and PTSD is so strong!!

I feel this deep deep void in me that's so so strong and I feel myself being pulled into it.....

I need someone to hold me and tell me I'll be ok

I need someone to tell me that there's a light at the end of this tunnel that I'm in.

I've been in this tunnel for so long ever since my emotional and sexual abuse was over and I suffer so so so much from it!!!

5 Replies
oldestnewest
Hidden
Hidden

Hi there, I can definitely relate to that feeling of being pulled under and just needing something to hold onto. It will be ok, you can heal and become strong and full of joy. Grief takes time, have you let yourself fully grieve the abuse and the loss? Being in this community is a good step. Sending you love and warm hugs

I know how it feels to wonder if anyone else has ever felt anxious the way I do. I've woken up feeling anxious and depressed and wondered what I could possibly do to pull myself out of it, but when you're in the middle of it, you don't have much of a well to draw from. It makes you feel like you're not "trying hard enough" when the reality is, you're already doing AMAZING things by fighting through. You ARE going to be ok! But I know it's not an easy journey, and I can't imagine how you feel after dealing with emotional and sexual abuse. You'll be in my prayers! Stay strong!

Thank you so much!!! I so much appreciate your support!!

I love the username you picked and I really liked rtscd8's post, "the reality is, you're already doing AMAZING things by fighting through. You ARE going to be ok!" It is very hard to feel like you're in a never-ending tunnel. But the truth is that we do heal. I think we even heal a little bit each day in spite of our feelings of hopelessness. That feeling of hopelessness is being caused by your anxiety, depression, and PTSD. It's not who YOU are. It is not the true vision of what your future holds. I'm assuming that you are getting professional help because you mention a diagnosis, but if not, it is time now. Don't try to go it alone. Our brains are tricking us. Let a human outside the tunnel tell you what reality is.

Thanks so much for your words of support!!

Yes I am getting loads and loads of help but it's tough.

But I hope and pray that I will get there one day!!

You may also like...