I hate myself: My depression consumes... - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support
43,952 members45,677 posts

I hate myself

veeeeeeee
veeeeeeee

My depression consumes my live. I have no hope. I have done everything that I can think of to fix this. Therapy, medicine, self help, everything. I have no friends, I'm lonely. My anxiety makes it harder to reach out to people. My eating disorder has gotten out of hand. All I eat is junk food and soda to just get through the day. I'm dependent on food to help me feel better. There is so much more but if I tried to explain everything, it would take months. It's all too much. I can't deal with it anymore. I don't know what to do.

2 Replies
oldestnewest

You are still reaching out for help. That is no small thing. I hope you get a small glimpse of hope you can hold on to.

Don't take this the wrong way, but try to run to God and read the book of Psalms from the Bible. Religious or not, I believe those scriptures will be very helpful in overcoming depression. I read the book of Psalms whenever I feel hopeless and it tends to help. Another thing you might try is volunteering at a Hospice or nursing home and witness other people struggling with mental and physical illness ;this helps you "get out of your own head" by having empathy for others and knowing you're not alone.

You may also like...