The introduction of a depressed person - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support
43,807 members45,538 posts

The introduction of a depressed person

LonelyGirl24
LonelyGirl24

Hi... I'm just the average young adult. I didn't really have the best childhood and as much as I hate to admit it... It does affect me. I've always been the type to look down on tears. It makes me feel so weak and vulnerable which I obviously hate but these past few months I find myself crying everyday and falling apart over the simplest of things. No one around me understands my depression so I've literally just slept through an entire month but I want my life back. I want to get over my feelings of anxiety and depression and this is really my first step towards doing that. So again... Hello everyone! I'm lonelygirl24 and I suffer from depression.

3 Replies
oldestnewest

There’s nothing wrong with crying it can be very therapeutic and is not a sign of weakness but strength because when your done crying you pick yourself up and try again. I also suffer from depression and anxiety if you ever want to talk send me a message.

Hidden
Hidden

Hello LonelyGirl24!

I’m so glad you’re here sharing your thoughts and feelings! You’re making a good 1st step. I’m diagnosed Bipolar, but mostly have dealt with depression. My poor childhood has affected me also...leaving me with overwhelming negative self-talk, self-loathing, low self-esteem, and very little confidence. Uggh!! 😳 It takes time and experience to learn how to accept and cope with these issues. They have a way of creeping back up to the surface every time I think I’ve dealt with them!

You sound like you have a good attitude and are ready to meet the ensuing challenges head on! I’m wishing you the best!! 🌷🌞🌷

Hi l-girl ,I'm not so young (58) I think I've been depressed my whole life.I have two daughters who graduated university and have good jobs,that's thanks to my wife mostly.I'm just looking for piece of mind.Unlike you i find I can't cry.

You may also like...