Anxiety and Depression Support
19,488 members16,593 posts

Distraction!

Distraction!

Hello! I just wanted to share my newfound distraction and passion...cooking! I haven’t really cooked in several years due to many reasons, mainly a years-long slothful existence! I started cooking again to help my husband who started a demanding job requiring long hours and much aggravation and stress. He immediately lost 25 lbs (don’t you hate him for that!). I wanted to provide him with good meals every night and something to look forward to since he loves to eat. This new interest in cooking has been so therapeutic for me on many levels! I also have a desire to clean up after myself unassisted! Wow! What a change!

Pictured is our dinner last night. The main course looks like a big, parsley-covered blob! It was actually quite good - Cheese Ravioli with a tomato-cream sauce. The carrots have a honey-orange glaze and that’s a warm broccoli vinaigrette. I’ve also been keeping a home-made dessert on hand for his pleasure and weight gain! I’m really enjoying this!!

26 Replies
oldestnewest

Looks YUMMY!!! I love to cook also...not so good in the baking department though, hahaha!!! Thank you for sharing! Have a joy filled day!!! Love & Hugs!!! XXX

P.S. I'll join you both any time, haha!!!

3 likes

So what I hear you saying is that we send you an order and our address, and you’ll send us the ravioli. 😁

5 likes

You got it!! Lol 😝

2 likes

I second that idea :) xx

3 likes

This is a good tip! It’s a distraction, it’s self-care, it’s creative, helps others. Your husband is a lucky man. Thanks for sharing what helps you get through cuz it helps us too. Muah!! 😘

2 likes

Anytime 😉

ohh yeah!....sounds fantastic....and looooks delicious!....

interesting....I have just gotten that same darn thing which popped into my head yesterday....I have been eating lettuce and stuff out of the garden, but not cooking because I just didn't feel very good....and I just got stuff to make enchiladas because I missed them...yeah...it's a revolution....I always loved to cook.....but just lost my mojo...glad your back up and cookin too .....it's very gratifying isn't it.....I actually missed it....

2 likes

If you start cooking again..I'll take the stuff from your garden..hehehehe!!! XXX

haha.....but here's the deal.....I'm gonna cook with the zucchini this week with the little ones....and make zucchini bread....they think it's a hilarious idea to cook with yucky vegetables.....and I made them a bet it would taste good. Then we got onions, cabbage, and beans which will be ready next...and that's going into stir fry....and the beets I like roasted with the baby potatoes, onions, and carrots ...all those will be ready last in the season. Don’t know if we’ll get many tomatoes....and usually only get one or two cucumbers.....so we just eat those like the peas right off the bush.

1 like

You my dear are making me hungry...what time is dinner??? Hahahaha!!! Oh I couldn't get that site to come up...I'll keep trying!!!! XXX

1 like

I lost my mojo too, for years! It feels great. Gives me a sense of accomplishment while pleasing others! Enjoy those enchiladas!!

oh I will.....doing tacos tomorrow.... :)

1 like

Thanks for the post. So glad you found a heathy distraction.

1 like

Me too 😋

I wish I could eat stuff like that again. My diet is the same thing everyday these days. Congratulations on your new hobby!

1 like

Thank you!

GratitudeFirst, can't stop going back to your post picture :)

Sunday is the day I order in dinner. Guess what I'll be having?

Surprise, surprise "Ravioli" :) xx

2 likes

Excellent choice Agora1!!

1 like

Mmmmm... love Ravioli!

2 likes

What a beautiful looking meal. Congratulations with preparing such a nice dish. I hear cooking is therapy for many.

1 like

Thanks so much for your kindness!

1 like

We have something in common. I love to cook too! Very therapeutic to me. Hopefully, I will begin to cook again soon.

1 like

Alright! A kindred spirit! I have a banana bunt cake in the oven as we speak! Then it’s on to spaghetti! I will post a picture of the cake if it comes out ok! 🤞🏼

Yes! I would love to see the cake even if it's not perfect.

1 like

You cracked me up! First of all, this looks DELICIOUS! No blob look at all. I laughed at "for his enjoyment and weight gain," that was awesome! Lol

1 like

I admire you ... my husband enjoys food and has a demanding job ... given me some inspiration again x

1 like

You may also like...