Anxiety and Depression Support
21,883 members19,761 posts

Overwhelmed

I think my mind plays tricks on me at me at times cause I swear I was doing just fine. I go to therapy, I try to talk about what went on for the time I wasn’t in therapy but I always leave there feeling like I’m sugar coating everything knowing that when I get home and go through my day to to day after that I’m stressed and overwhelmed and feeling inadequate! This life isn’t mine! Or at least it can’t be, I’m tired of working at a place where I have to be “ON” all the time, like a person can’t be tired, can’t be feeling run down and just has to show up happy when I’m not. I’m in school as well and even that is tiring, cause I don’t feel like I’m giving it my all. I’m giving 100% of myself to a place that I am at for 12+ hours a day, just to have money to have no time to do anything with it! Then going home just in time to get adequate sleep if my anxiety lets me, leaving me to fit school in, something that is going to get me to my career and what I love, when I can. It’s just mind boggling and makes zero sense. I am apartment hunting as well, and how I get that in, idk! But all of this is making my anxiety triple! I am starting to despise coming to work and going home, both of which are someone else’s house and not having ANY time for myself! But then again this is life and I guess I have to deal with it but I feel myself breaking down.

9 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi Wairb, You took the words right out of my mouth "This is Life" :) You can take the path to the left or to the right or continue on and see where this journey takes you. Along the way and through life experiences is how we know what we want in the end. It won't always be this crazy hard. Building a future, needs to start with a strong foundation, which you are doing now.

Give yourself time in your busy life for some "me time" 3-5-10 minutes to go on a mental escape at night before you go to sleep. Tune into YouTube, it can take you away for the moment but can make all the difference in the world.

Make it a positive day :) xx

Thank you, I am trying to do the best I can’t without crumbling while building this foundation. I try to give myself time. It gets hard when everything is hitting me at once. I may just need to take a personal day from work and school to relax, I haven’t done that in a while.

Sounds like a great idea. Regenerate :) xx

O lord my God I cried out to you,

and you healed me.

Psalms 30:2

God is always by your side I gave up on him at one point but he showed me the way I tried to be all that he wanted me to be and I grew confused and lost give all that you have to him and you shall receive have a blessed day now :) <3

1 like

Thank you! I honestly do need to get back to praying and talking to God. I am sad to say I lost sight of it for a while trying to deal with myself. Thank you!!

What kind of work is it where you have to be "on?" Working at a school can sometimes be like that also. I take it that you are a young person- I remember running around like that- life sure is not a straight line. Sounds like you have real goals for yourself though. I wonder if you can take a "sick" day just to regroup. After all you are human.

1 like

I’m a nanny so it’s kind of like your teacher example. I am 26 but feel 40 forreal. I am just unhappy at where I’m at right now and this just seems to be the summer of patience in reaching those goals, which I have none. Even saying this makes me feel like I’m complaining about nothing but I’m in my own head and it just feels like everything is happening but at the same time nothing is happening. Sorry I kind of went off on a tangent Lol but I’m considering taking a sick day just to reset

2 likes

In which country are you living? Yes, if you feel 40 I would say it's time for a sick mental health day.

US. And yes it is time I just have to schedule it right

You may also like...