Anxiety and Depression Support
20,764 members18,419 posts

Anxiety Monster

This hasn’t happened in a while but I woke up this morning with extreme anxiety. Idk where it came from but it followed me all the way to work and it’s still here. Dealing with it makes me feel as though I’m not myself, like being possessed by this monster. It’s big doesn’t let me speak or feel how I truly want to feel. It makes me look mad and feel tired, which I probably am but it’s tripled! I want nothing more than to be home in my bed but I have to work through this (literally and figuratively) 😓

9 Replies
oldestnewest

i know those days..

they are the most challenging cause anxiety starts our day and then proceeds to "haunt" through the rest of the day... is there any mundane-repetitive task you can focus on for a bit??? sometimes when i feel like that i just label envelopes or fold paper pamphlets or something to keep me busy at my desk but not thinking... lol - good luck - YOU CAN DO IT... just remember its just a couple hours right .???

1 like

More like 12 hours give or take. My job forces me to be on all the time (I’m a nanny) and I can try to focus on a simple task but it only last for a short while, I clean. But I will try other things cause it hasn’t left yet.

1 like

well, keep up the lil tasks to keep busy... distraction is sometimes the best option .. i myself am having quite a rough one so you are not alone ... we just have to keep busy ... sending you good vibes.. we can do this ..

Thank you very much. I hope your day changes for the better as well.

The same thing happened to me on Monday. It came out of nowhere. It got really bad when I was on the train going downtown to work. I started doing some breathing they cal 478. Breathe in through your nose for 4 counts, hold it for 7 counts, then slowly out through your mouth for 8 counts. It really does help, idk how.

Hope the anxiety eases up for you fast.

Hugs,

Lisa

2 likes

Thank you and I always try the breathing technique but it hasn’t worked for me. I’ve tried just letting the the anxiety run it’s course but I know it will only make it worse before it gets better, and being at work doing that won’t work. So I’m trying to ignore it and just focus on other stuff.

I hope you day got better. I'm in New Zealand so my day is just starting. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

1 like

Thank you, it did. I started doing some work and my mind kind of wandered and the anxiety went away. New Zealand! Wow that’s amazing! I hope your day goes great!

1 like

I'm glad to hear it. So far so good over here.

You may also like...