Anxiety and Depression Support

Need some comfort

I’m pretty new to this site, every morning I’m shaking and I can’t stop..my husband wants a divorce and says he doesn’t love me anymore after 30 years..I have no family here and just being all alone all day every day causes me so much anxiety, I can’t function, we were each other’s everything.. I truly believed..not only the thought of this running thru my head constantly, we have to sell our home and I’ve only had part time jobs due to my anxiety.. I have to go see my therapist today and it terrifies me still to leave my home.. please give me strength...I’m so lost and scared.

20 Replies
oldestnewest

Thank you so much, I’ve been to my therapist 4 times now, I’ve had depression and anxiety most of my adult life, my husband won’t do therapy, he’s done, wants to be alone..I’m terrified every single day..I can’t be alone...don’t know what to do

Keep going to therapy. In the meantime u need to take care of your well being. You never know what the future holds. Do you have friends or family close by? This is going to feel like a death in your family if divorce truly does happen so u will need people to lean on. I trust that time will heal. And who knows, maybe your husband will realize that he doesn’t want to be alone after all.

1 like

Hey there. so sorry you have to deal with this. I can only imagine how hard it must be. My parents are actually going through rough divorce right now. We moved from California to Georgia only four years ago for my dad's work, but we are really lucky to have family here.

Is it possible to go visit your friends/family for a while? I think at this time the best thing to do is to reach out to loved ones.

2 likes

Thank you so much for reaching out to me. I’m very sorry you’re going through this painful situation as well. I am actually going to visit my son for awhile...to try and get some peace for my heart..reach out and lean on your family honey..such a difficult time for everyone❤️

1 like

Pray a lot. If your husband wants divorce, let him go. Being alone and feeling alone are two different things. Being alone is a great time to learn about yourself. Trust me, you will find out that you're a lot stronger than you think.

2 likes

Thank you for your confidence, but I’ve never been a strong person..I thought I was but I was wrong...about so many things..This late in my life, I did not expect to be alone.. not like this..30 Years is a long time to just...let him go..

Prayer works I know this has to be a hard time for you I'm so sorry you're going through this just take one day at a time and keep seeing a therapist I will be praying for you!

1 like

You can't force a person to love you.... You have to first love yourself.. It's hard but you have to let go and let God.

I've never forced anyone to love me, He loved me all on his own, I've had a pretty good life and a good marriage..this is like a death so please don't diminish it. I'm hurting and I'm terrified. I loved my life...

1 like

Hello, I went through a devorce that I did not want. I think I understand how you feel. The pain was so great I thought it was going to kill me. There was absolutely nothing I could do to stop it. I had anxiety and depression and would drag myself out of bed every morning. The good news is I survived! I got atringer and stronger and have a wonderful life (most of the time, ha!) It may sound corny but I made Jesus my best friend. Today He is still my best friend. I go to bible studies and have fellowship with other ladies. You can have an awesome life.

2 likes

The fact that you are still breathing - I would stay that you are an incredibly strong woman. I cannot imagine what it must be like to go through what you are going through. The fact that you are taking action into healing yourself is something that many people don't have the courage to do. You woke up and made a decision to continue living - that can only be done by the strongest and you are definitely one of them. Stay strong, I see you.

2 likes

Thank you obiwanchristina. However, my life is a horrible struggle every day...Yes, I am breathing... but at times it is very labored..

You are made stronger through your struggles. I am praying for you. ❤️

1 like

Thank you! I pray that will be true❤️

1 like

PRAYER ALWAYS WORKS!!! I JUST WANT TO HUG YOU RIGHT NOW.. JUST TRUST GOD/UNIVERSE. YOU KAY NOT UNDERSTAND NOW BUT EVERYTHING WILL FALL INTO PLACE.

PLEASE UPDATE US AND STAY STRONG. GOD IS WITH YOU

2 likes

Thank you so very much for the support and Hug..I don’t understand anything anymore that’s for sure..Praying every day. My heart won’t stop hurting..

1 like

I have no doubt youre going to be alright. You can grieve.. Yes. But dont linger on it. FORGIVE. Forgive him and forgive yourself. I know it is easier said than done but it will make you free, And always think that NOTHING is wrong with you. Youre perfect the way you are.

One step at a time! You will survive. God bless you! ❤

1 like

God, thank you so much for your support. I feel so low and alone.. just feels struggling to stay calm. I know I’m not perfect, but that was a sweet thing to say.

You might want to try some medication to get you through this rough time. I got divorced after 25 years and it was very ugly. I urge you to find as much support as you can. Call your local crisis line and ask about groups in your community. See if there's a women's center that might offer some free services to help you get back on your feet.

I think the sooner you have as little to do with your husband as possible, the better. I know you are terrified, but it really is possible to make it without a man. You can survive this. One day you will be living in your own place with a job and new friends, but right now all that seems impossible. It's not. You can do this.

Hold your head high and know that every human being is worthy of dignity and respect, including you. If your husband doesn't want you, fine! He is losing someone who loves and cares about him and knows him like no one else. In this cold world, that's pretty stupid of him. His loss, my dear lady. You do not need a stupid man. Wrap your arms around yourself and say "I love you" even if you don't mean it. Keep doing it every day until you do.

My heart was torn to pieces and I wanted to die, but I made it. If I can do it, so can you, I promise.

1 like

Thank you so much for your kind words and thoughtful encouragement. I do have some medication, which my Dr said I should utilize more than now and then. So very hard to get thru a day..I’ve been looking for groups, live in Maine, very hard to find. My son is coming to fly me and my little dog to visit him for awhile..so terrified about everything, not having family here makes most days unbearable..I also have a therapist. I’m also so anxiety ridden about my little shih Tzu flying, she’s 13 and doesn’t like riding in the car and she’s never been in a carrier, been trying to coax her in.. no luck..Thank you for reading my posts and being here💕

You may also like...