Anxiety and Depression Support

WHY DOES ANXIETY ALWAYS TARGET MY THROAT

Okay so whenever I eat just every d*mn thing that’s involves using my throat I always have the fear of my throat closing up with a new food or something I’m not allergic to anything at all but I fear it and also another thing is I don’t know if anyone else has had this but whenever you eat it’s hard to swallow or it feels like the food is super slow going down my throat and feels STUCK! I’m sure this is just anxiety because I’ve never had throat problems before or who knows I could’ve but never paid attention to it before I had gotten anxiety..do you guys think there’s something wrong with my throat or is it just anxiety? Has anyone else had this!? PLEASE GIVE ME REASSURANCE THAT IM NOT GONNA CHOKE AND DIE

2 Replies
oldestnewest

I get this too coupled with an intense fear of vomiting. I guarantee you it’s anxiety. Anxious thoughts like to convince us there’s something physically wrong with us. In reality, you are going to be ok. What helps me is deep breathing, essential oils, and Mindful Eating. Google it - it could help!

1 like

Thank u!

1 like

You may also like...