Anxiety and Depression Support
20,666 members18,291 posts

Cymbalta for anxiety & depression

I'm not one for depression medication, but stress and anxiety from mostly work and home is manifesting to physical issues, like my out of breath mostly at work. My Dr. prescribed me Cymbalta 30mg. I knew that any medication like this in the beginning is going to make u feel like crap. My first pill I didn't feel anything that night. For some reason i couldnt get a good night sleep. The next morning I got up very disoriented and dizzy. Shit and I had to go work my part time job on Saturday, I only did 2 hours of work. I couldnt handle the feeling let alone drive to and from my one account store which was couple of miles. I got home very pissed. I felt I needed to be moving around just to keep myself occupied. 8 hours later I'm still alittle disoriented, dizzy and a headache. I am not continuing this drug or anything like this drug. I'm just going to continue dealing with my stress anxiety with exerices, meditation, breathing techniques and natural suplements, etc. The only thing it's taking me a long time bring down my stress, anxiety level.. I just wanted to give my experience to everyone. Please reply back with yours. Thanks

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi Marc47. I was put on the generic form of cymbalta 30mg for major depressive disorder, and I felt exactly the way you do. It was supposed to help increase my appetite and help me get out of bed. Well, it decreased my appetite, made me feel dizzy and more sluggish. I tried it for 2 weeks and said forget it. Went back to my 20mg citalopram. At least I can eat a little better. I also didn't tell the Dr. I stopped the meds cause she said try it for 30 days. My opinion, if a drug makes you feel that bad, stop taking it. Do what works for you. I know it is hard to imagine, but you will feel better in time.

Hi gingersnapped, Thanks.

Hi, wow im so sorry to hear you are having such a tuff time. I was on Fluoxetine for awhile and I was literally falling asleep at work. Then I went on a lower dose and had other symptoms such as yours. Doctor says it take about 6 months to get it right. I took the medicine for about a year. I did not feel like myself and I gained a lot of weight. I stopped taking it and now I do the all natural vitamins and supplements, try to exercise daily, watch what I eat, and I also have been prescribed a low dose of Xanax to take as needed when my symptoms of anxiety start to come on. This might be something you could talk to your doctor about an as needed prescription. I hope you find what works for you.

Hi gembec. Yes I do take xanax .50mg only as needed 20+ years, but a want to ween myself off it. It's very hard but I'm trying. Im trying get my anxiety to a minimum. It's been 3 years since my anxiety and depression has elevated. Yes we all have find what works for us. Thanks.

Sorry you had such a bad result with Cymbalta. My experience has been good for depression with help by Xanax for anxiety. Hope you find help from another source.

You may also like...