Anxiety and Depression Support
20,791 members18,473 posts

OCD!

Hey guys!

I hope everybody is good. I’ve dealt with depression and anxiety my whole life basically and it sucks. Many people out there in the world don’t understand what we go through in life. Lately I’ve been dealing with a lot of intrusive thoughts with my OCD. It’s very sad and I don’t want to share these thoughts. I was wondering if anybody out there who deals with OCD who can help me with these thoughts. Looking for a miracle. Thanks ! 🙏🙏🙏

8 Replies
oldestnewest

You would be surprised how many people in this forums have dealt with those thought. Including me. Yes you will get better!

1 like

Thank you Anxiousjy 🙏

Yes, I have dealt with intrusive thoughts and OCD. I have tried many things over the years with varying rates of success, but the absolute #1 top thing that helped me was EMDR. It helps right away, it's such a relief.

Search EMDR on this forum for most posts about it, old-soul posted a great explanation just the other day.

lil-rose

1 like

Thanks lil - rose so much!! I’ve been doing CBT and it’s helping me so so . Does EMDR also help with depression? 🙏

I'm not sure about it helping with depression, in my experience it helped with anxiety, obsessive thoughts, recurrent negative thoughts, and just an overall feeling of calm and relaxation.

Here is the link just scroll down

healthunlocked.com/anxiety-...

1 like

Just read it rose ... sounds like a miracle . I can’t wait to try it. Are you from Canada ?

I am from the US, hopefully you can find someone well qualified in your area and get some relief soon! Hang in there!

You may also like...