Anxiety and Depression Support
24,021 members22,500 posts

Toxic People

Hi to let all those who are suffering from anxiety as I do, PLEASE tell those who think their helping us by telling us to just get over it and want to stay away from us makes things WORSE!!!

My kids have gotten frustrated with me understandably. They have chosen to isolate and not talk to me thinking this would SNAP me out of it. All this was make it worse. I'm suffering so BAD that I'm looking to move out. Most don't understand how devastating and overwhelming this is. Iam fighting this daily ALL day, it's EXHAUSTING. Please be PATIENCE and UNDERSTANDING with us. We HATE this as much as YOU do. Thanks to everyone who reads this

19 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi I’m exactly the same just feel totally isolated an lonely at the moment x

I'm going through the same thing. Except I'm on more of a "I need you but go away" kick. I need them but I'm mean to them when they are around. I don't want to be, I love them.

1 like

Am sorry your children are behaving this way. It is extremely difficult to deal with crap of an illness, and I just realized other than people who already have gone through it, no body else would understand. It is like explaining colors to a blind person. I hope this episode of anxiety and depression that you are going through passes as soon as possible, I had my share of “snap out of it” “carry yourself a bit” “why can’t you just relax nothing is happening” and all that none-sense. It hurts, it isolates, but this is where hopefully can support one another.

1 like

Thank you for your support, just took some Meds to help calm me down.

Watching my grandson who is hyper don't want to be upset with him not his fault.

I get pressured into going out, I know I should? Sometimes they don't take NO for an answer. So I'll go, then they complained that I looked miserable? I warned them that I didn't want to be out.

So it starts over that's it's my Fault I don't want to get better??? I can't win? I hope I get better too Hate feeling like this.

1 like

Hi I am sorry your kids don't understand how you are feeling. No one on here would ever say anything like 'snap out of it'. Maybe you could find some info online and print it off so they could read it?

If they clearly don't want to understand and you have tried then I wouldn't even go there with them. Just smile and say nothing, It's exhausting and very depressing trying to talk to those who refuse to even try to understand, Lets hope they never suffer with it! x

1 like

Thanks for your support, surprisingly one of them has told me she does everyday. That She just handles it as things happen? I'm glad she has found a way to Handel it. Not the same for everyone. I'm still trying to figure it out. I have my good and bad days. I was supposed to visit my mom in the hospital today, can't do it. Took some Meds to calm me down. Doctor said these are non addicting which I don't need.

I tell myself no ones dying and that the stress could kill me? I'm 63.

1 like

What your daughter is talking about is mild anxiety the type which many feel on a day to day basis. She clearly doesn't understand more severe cases! I have had people tell me that they have felt down and depressed sometimes and doesn't everyone. I gave up trying to explain proper depression to them. x

1 like

Unfortunately society tells people that anxiety is just something we need get over. Relax, just lay down, take a nap... its not that easy. We are sensitive, feeling individuals that actually have challenges with our mind/body that some do not understand. I was told this by my therapist in the past. .. the world needs people like us to balance out the people that dont worry or think before they act. So remember we feel the way we do and that is how we are... the only thing we can do better is manage it and understand it. I wish you the best!

3 likes

Hi guy, Don't you just love the people (even family) who think you can just turn a switch by relaxing, taking a nap or lying down. Ha...if only so easy. The worst was finally getting myself to attend a funeral and people gather around you wondering why they hadn't seen you in so long.

You make the mistake in trying to justify it by explaining you have Anxiety only to be blown over by others who say "yeah, I have anxiety as well". The difference is we have ANXIETY and they have anxiety.

I realized then, I am the only one who needs to understand it. I am once again stable. Wish you well :)

1 like

Thanks for you support, my kids don't see that their part of the problem? I've told them that doesn't help.

So Iam looking for another place to live, which won't be easy? I just recently filed bankruptcy (another stress ) so this will make it harder and I'm a senior citizen. . Hoping for an understanding landlord. So I do have a full plate. Wishing you the best also

1 like

I really get what your saying here. I hardly talk to my grown kids anymore.

Seems everyone gets tired of it including me. The longer it lingers the more it feels like it’s never ending.

Yea, I'm looking to rent a room so I can better Hopefully get better? Because they ARE apart of it, not nescessarily blaming them? But their of no help at home. I feel like the housekeeper n nanny. And if I complained they critizie me.

1 like

Where do you live? I was thinking of renting one of our rooms out since we moved so far away from everyone we know. It would be nice to have someone else in the house. We’re not even here that much because we travel for work.

Hi lostjoy, I live in California. So expensive to live here. A room for rent where I live some are like $900!!! Can you believe that? No wonder there are so many homeless people? Where do you live?

I’m from California. Sold our house there in 2016, and bought this one here in Reno to be close to work.

1 like

I lived in central Ca. my whole life. Was born and raised there. Then raised my kids there.

I know it’s really expensive to live anymore. Wages don’t make up for the high cost of living.

1 like

Hello, I live in Whittier, Ca for about 35 years. 3 kids

Retired October 2016,. Retirement hasn't been what I throught. That's why I want to move away, this is the only life I've got and just feel trap by my kids who probably think being parents is a LIFE time sentence? Through it feels like it.

I have a boyfriend of 16 years who right now I'm taking a break from who also suffers from anxiety. Is been difficult he puts all hi anxiety on me. I have enough to deal with on my own.

I've been to Reno before several years ago. Nice little town. I love to travel around the United States. So much to see here. My favorite place is New York. So much to see there. I'm looking forward to going back for Niagra falls.

1 like

"Just get over it" I think is a very rude way to deal with anybody but unfortunately in this tech age, it's become more common.

Hope you can get a break. We are all human.

You may also like...