Anxiety and Depression Support
24,035 members22,529 posts

Anxiety came BACK

I had a GOOD day this past Saturday which is Rare...well yesterday it came back...when I have anxiety I have trouble with eating, i don't eat much...I've had a pack of ramen noodles in 24 hours. I drink water to keep from getting dehydrated. I know this could make my situation worse. My finances are a mess...I have a bankruptcy hearing in a month, I'm 62 the financial bone if my kids. Yes they are grown, 1 is learning disable, so Please...no say just "kick" them out. It's not that easy. Iam looking to move out renting a room. Thank god my learning disabled daughter does have a place to go to (she has a child which makes it harder). She's going to school for job training about 2 months. After that I will make my move, and won't feel like I've abandoned her and my grandchild. For now this is my life. I'm hanging in there.

30 Replies
oldestnewest

I'm very often the same way. Some days I have absolutely no appetite and have to remind myself to eat. It just seems that every day can bring a new challenge! One day I'm hungry, the next I'm not - it is something different every day! I hope everything works out for you in the upcoming days. It seems you have a lot on your plate. Sending you strength and good wishes! We all get through it somehow!

2 likes

Thank you Claire for those positive words...you sound like a compassionate person. You understand what I'm going through. All I've had today was crackers n some water. I do have medication which I don't rely on, but do take when it feels to much to handle, today was one of those days. I obsess about my children which I try to get better control to NOT obsess about...All the years them growing up I constantly told them about things going on in the world they need to watch out for...seeing that was a mistake because it caused them to become adults with anxiety. Anyway, I hope we can keep in touch and to LIFT each other UP. Thanks

Any time! It's easier to know that we're not alone and at the very least help each other through the tough days.

Thank you good to hear,. I'm here for YOU too. : )

No judgment here! I’m so glad that you had a great Saturday. Live for those good days.

Do whatever you can to help you and yours financially. If that means bankruptcy so be it. It’s none of our business. Heck, some of us here might be in the same boat.

You can only do what is best for you.

XOXO

1 like

Thank you for those kind words. Iam fighting hard everyday for my mental health. I need to move out on my own so my daughter can NOT depend on me so much, get use to doing for herself. I'm scared that the stress from my anxiety could kill ME? So thank you, take care

Please pray and may God bless you and your family

Thank you for your kind words.

1 like

(*(*(*hug*)*)*) I can relate to the anxiety getting so bad that I wonder if it can cause death but I actually think that has very little chance. Sometimes I feel like I am slowly dying because of the stress. But I remind myself I am healing and I am more well than sick.

I hope your move goes smoothly and I hope you and your kids will all be doing well with the changes.

Glad you are hanging out here :)

Thank you for your kind words. It is a scary thing. I mostly lye in bed just thinking about when the next shoes gong to drop, through nothing has happened, trying to just live for the day. I don't feel I can talk to anyone because they just tell me to do this or that you and it's not that easy? If it was no one would have anxiety. That why I joined this group. It got so bad for me that I had to quit my job of 32 years. So iam starting today trying to fight the fight. It's SO EXHAUSTING. Well Good Luck to you too

Yes, doom, waiting for the unknown shoe to drop.

It IS hard to talk to people about it, anxiety is a kind of abstract artwork that changes depending on who is looking at it. I get triggered easily by people trying to be helpful. It is all exhasting isnt it? Thats great that you stayed at a kob for so long. I used to work but I feel quite disabled out there...i still manage to do a good job raising my kids, ...but later down tbe road, then what?...well taking one day at a time is what I am trying to live by as well.

I wish you many beautiful moments today. Take care.

Be careful to NOT put any anxiety on your kids. I found out that they can inherit it too. They told me they have it too. I wish the same to you too. Maybe counciling? Medication? Good Luck

Thank you! That scares me badly, that I may rub off my anxiety on them or through genetics. I try my best to be happiest i can be and stressfree around them but it is a battle with guilt but also so much love. My kids have had times of anxiety but seem to be doing well. They are 22, 10 and 5 years old.

I'm glad it scares you only because as a parent we need to be the strong one. You said they seem ok? Double check that? I througt That too, they weren't. So I pretend I'm good. I'm fighting hard. Hang in there.

1 like

I need to be stronger. Pushing to be better for them.

Good to hear. Sometimes they get mad at me and told me that I cause them to have anxiety. That devastated me, not realizing I had affected them. So after that I keep it to myself. That's why I've joined this site to be able to express my feelings to people who are going through what Iam. So when you need to express yourself know that we're here for you.

1 like

(((((((Hug)))))))) I hear ya...yup its great to be able to release onto here.

2 likes

Feels good, huh? ((Hugs)) back

1 like

PJRR, How old are your kids if you dont mind me asking?

I don't mind. 39, she's married 10 years 34 she's the one with the disabilityand the youngestone is 30. She's tough she wants me to just kick her out and doesn't really believe there's anything wrong with her sister. So there's a battle there too. I'm only living where I'am at because in California it's to expensive to live on their own. But it's braking me financially. But both of them are giving me anxiety. I feel trapped.

Im sorry you feel trapped and that financially its difficult. My family lives with my parents because its so difficult financially and so I can help care for my mom with Alzheimer's. I feel trapped too, just in a different way.

Sorry to hear about your mom, mines has demintia, she lives with my sister. I need to change my situationcause my daughters refuse to change the way their treating me. It will be best for our relationships. My youngestone agrees with me. Well if you need to vent I'm here for you. Take care

Oh that is sad that you are being mistreated It shouldnt be that way :( Thanks so much

I could use some venting a lot of the time but for now just want to tell you I hope your day has many beautiful moments. <3

Thanks, you have a good day too : )

1 like

I understand your problems with eating when you have anxiety. I can go for days barely touching anything but water and I have to force that. Everything is sawdust in my mouth. Over time I’ve learned a few tricks that might help you as well. Anything with a straw, including milkshakes (👍🏼) , yogurt drinks or broth. Bananas and hot cereal work, too. (Not to much chewing. The less you have to think about it the better!) Even the smallest amount on your stomach will help you feel stronger. *hugs* and best of luck.

Thank you SO for the tips n hugs...Higs to you too. The tips are great too because I don't have the motivation to cook. I also drink V8 juice m boiled eggs for my protein, veggies and liquids. I'm glad to have joined this group to hear from people like you. I hope we can keep in touch to lift each other up to fight this fight. Bless you n take care

2 likes

When I have trouble eating I mix kale and spinach with pomegranate, bananas, blue and blackberries, etc to drink. Its not bad tasting and high in antioxidants.

I've have trouble eating too when my depression gets bad. It's like, "oh, I feel like a waste of space so my body doesn't deserve food" when really it needs nourishment more than ever! What helps me is cooking. Even if I don't want to eat, I'll put on Top Chef and make something that smells delicious. Sometimes I'll eat and sometimes not but it still feels like I accomplished something.

That's good that you try to distract yourself. I watch that show too, though I don't have the desire to cook. I know I have a lot to live for but the anxiety is not allowing me any joy. I SO BADLY want to feel HAPPY. I'm in bed most of the time. Yesterday my daughter thought she'd bully me in changing. I got angry telling her it's not that EASY? That's why I'm on this site. Family n friends want me to snap out of it it just makes it worse.

I understand now how people commit suicide, I wouldn't do that. I had a brother who did at only 19. Almost 40 years ago.

They think it's about them, the family left behind is devastated. I'm exhausted from fighting. So I keep hoping the next day will be better?

It's hard wanting to be happy but feeling helpless that it doesn't happen. People think there's a magic button that you can press to "snap out of it". They have to understand that there's no magic formula or a pill that works for everyone. It's a journey and constant work. You just have to remind yourself that all the work is worth it and not beat yourself down on your bad days or when you get frustrated with your family. It's ok. You'll make it :)

You may also like...