Anxiety and Depression Support

DOES IT GET BETTER!?

I was wondering if the whole anxiety & depression thing gets better I’ve been taking medication for it (please don’t shame me for taking it) but I am a very very impatient person and I’ve pretty much has this anxiety for 3-6 months sadly & I just wanted to know if it gets better. I always have that thought in the back of my mind about just ending it but I don’t think I ever would do that idk why it would ever cross my mind...BUT CAN SOMEONE PLEASE REASSURE ME THAT IT GETS BETTER & HOW IT GOT BETTER FOR YOU!!!? (Please only answer if you are gonna give good advice & if the whole process got easier and better for you) I feel like I am losing hope..there’s not point of being here sometimes I feel like

9 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi pink83737 you must believe in that it will get better. Never give up hope. Life is so precious. Medication is a good start in stabilizing your emotions as well as starting therapy so that you can address the issues prompting the anxiety/depression. Most of us started out on meds so that we could move forward in finding other methods of coping and eradicating mental health issues.

Therapy can help in changing your view of life from a negative one to a positive. Anxiety is nothing but a bump in the road. Sometimes they are pebbles and sometimes boulders but in either case you can go around the obstacle with help and find your way back home to a normal life.

Think positive, accept that it is not harmful, believe in that you can and WILL eliminate anxiety from your life. Stay strong, stay focused and don't allow your mind to tell you different. Use the forum for support and understanding. We are all in different stages of anxiety and many, like myself have found strength and control of my life once more.

Don't be ashamed to reach out for help whenever and as often as you need to. We are all here because we care. :) xx

2 likes

Thank u soso much means a ton

1 like

Thats a lovely response agora i struggle sometimes with my positive thoughts. Wishing you well.

2 likes

Things will get better if you want them to get better. Nothing will happen if you don’t want it. That’s just some advice I heard in the past few hours and I believe it. You just need to keep your head up, things will pass.

2 likes

It can get better. 3-6 months is nothing in the grand scheme of things. You may live to be 100. I also have to tell you that no one here will shame you for taking medicine for an illness!!! If you took heart meds for a heart condition it would be no different. If they did they’d have to shame me and at least 75% of people on here. I take plenty. Medicine is like a cast on a broken body while therapy is the surgery that heals it. One without the other is not nearly as helpful. I don’t go to therapy but I have been to my share you better believe to include being inpatient in a health and wellness treatment center. Basically a mental health facility. 3 months is barely time for meds to build up. Usually they start you on the lowest dose and adjust until you find what works best. Just please never stop meds without proper weaning. It is very bad if so. Make sure you communicate everything you are feeling with your doctors.

2 likes

It does, it really does. I had my first break down where I was diagnosed with GAD and depression 8 years ago, I was at rock bottom at that point stopped college and all, then I was put on medication and it literally SAVED my life, now yes it did take a while until the effect fully kicked in, but in about 6 months it worked I was back in college fully functioning well and graduated started a job had good solid 4 years without any symptoms, after which I had a short relapse and the doctors increased my medication dosage and that gave me another good 4 years symptoms free, am now going through the worst relapse of my life but I have to believe that it would be over soon. Stay strong, stay patient, and take it one day at a time. Get plenty of sleep, always reach out when you feel down and just trust me it gets better

1 like

Thank you so much, I’m glad your meds have helped you. I am a senior in highschool and still have no clue what I want to do

There isn't a time limit but don't be ashamed of being on medications at all. It's an illness like any other, needing to be treated. What I've learned in my battle is to control your anxiety and depression, don't let it control you. Talk to a therapist, engage in socializing, volunteer, excercise, get plenty of sleep, etc. As much as I want to tell mine to "go away", I take steps to make sure it doesn't get the best of me. You can do this!

1 like

Thank u

You may also like...