Anxiety and Depression Support

IS THIS NORMAL?

Okay so I know I have spoken about this before but I’m here again needing reassurance and some help. So past couple days I have been getting this tingly tickling feeling in my neck and I am a very irritable person and things trigger it a lot. Just things I’m annoyed by like such as ringing bells I get that weird feeling in my neck and occasionally it feels like it’s burning. I try to get my mind off of the feeling but I can’t, I literally obsess over it so much to the point where it drives me up the walls! It makes me wanna scream and run or something. Has anyone had this feeling? Can you please give me reassurance, or explain your experience with this? Will this be easier to handle in the future?

4 Replies
oldestnewest

I have severe sound sensitivity. Even footsteps on tv or a game drive me up the wall. Spinning holding my head and wigging out bad! Snoring, cracking knuckles, eating etc. I feel like I have to hold my head to keep it from popping off. Wondering if it’s from anxiety, ocd or meds. Talk to your doctor about it. I would write down triggers, signs, symptoms and time of day. Mine is off the hook at night when I’m tired and my defenses are low. You can find coping skills. I often wear headphones and listen to music to drown things out. I usually have to give in and take meds and go to sleep.

1 like

Do you think it will eventually go away in the future? Or even be easier to deal with? Yes I take zoloft and another medicine.

I have that feeling in my feet and today my leg. Sucks!

Anxiety is oversensitized nerves. I personally haven’t had it go away. Anxiety is my normal. I just coexist with it. I have developed coping skills to keep from having those feelings. I don’t recognize my anxiety unless I’m in a bad panic attack. Yes I have better days, weeks, months or even years. Then something triggers it. You won’t feel it forever. It’s now in your legs. It changed. I think it’s important to find out why. Is it the anxiety or the meds you are taking for it. If it’s anxiety alone you can develop coping skills, relaxation techniques, recognition of triggers etc. So many ways of dealing with it and overcoming. If it is your meds that’s an obvious fix. Are the meds new or have you been on them a long time? Has your dose changed recently?

I suggest talking to your doctor about how you are feeling so you can try to get to the bottom of it. Also a therapist who is better at giving advice and helping you get to the root of the problem.

Yes! It can get better or easier to deal with. I rarely pay attention to my symptoms unless I’m in panic. The sound sensitivity for me is usually late at night and I go to sleep. There is a secretary at my doctor that pops her gum non stop. It drives me up the wall! I’m extra anxious going to doctors so my defenses are down. Usually as soon as I leave I feel better though. It’s part of ptsd. I can sit farther from the secretary, listen to music etc though to get through. I even check in and say I have to go to bathroom to limit my time around her. It’s all coping skills because I know it’s a trigger for me. Silly but it helps me.

We’re here to help as always but talk to your doctor as well. Wear sunglasses 😎 your future looks bright!

1 like

You may also like...