Anxiety and Depression Support

I don’t look forward to the future

I'm 17 and i know I'm still only a teenager but i miss being 10 years old

I miss having little knowledge about how bad the world is.

I miss being intrigued by simple things

I miss thinking that I was the most important thing in the world to some people

I miss being so happy

I miss not dealing with anxiety :( I miss the way things used to be, I kinda just don’t look forward to growing up, I don’t wanna pay bills I don’t want to work I just don’t want any of it! I want to be a kid forever? Has anyone felt this way, it makes me super sad thinking about it and how hard life is now. How do I look forward to the future? How can I just be happy like I used to be? I hate feeling this way, it just makes me wanna cry, my childhood went by so fast, it was also like I was in my own little world. Where there was no sadness no nothing

8 Replies
oldestnewest

It’s hard growing up our expectations and experiences change and there is also dissapointment sometimes at things not turning out how we expect, I am a grown man and I still feel like that.The thing to remember is that it’s ok to grow up and think of the confidence you will gain when working and are feeling productive, you’ve so much to look forward to and your life will change in amazing ways.Take care of yourself

3 likes

just had a thought. there's a children's story in there, can you write creatively? what about a story called 'the little girl who didn't want to grow up' write about it in an autobiographical way, your childhood experiences and adventures. give it a go!

2 likes

And your second book could be about the little girl with anxiety and how she made her life better

1 like

If I ever do get better :/

I think you are missing the point of the books. They will be therapy for you, and things will start to shine. You really just need a tablet and start typing, the words will flow...

We all have high hopes for you.

1 like

Thank you but I don’t think I’m the best writer, my English isn’t even that good because I don’t make sense sometimes even though the only language I know is English lol

1 like

If you just start, it will work out...

I think if you just get your anxiety under control things will start to look up. Also maybe starting a gratitude journal , you’ll learn to appreciate the things in your life now.

I totally get where you are coming from. I am working on that now for myself and I’m much older than you. It’s great that you realize this now so you can get it under control to really enjoy what life has in store for you. Life is not easy by any means and it’s always changing. Speaking to a counselor about your anxieties will help. Start now, don’t wait.

You may also like...