Anxiety and Depression Support
18,509 members15,175 posts

Mirror Mirror

Ive tried to cover hurt and disappointment the feelings of abandonment and loneliness but ive yet to shake it. Its effected every relationship ive ever been in. Now its cause my wife to leave. Ive shared things with her over the years but not fully because i didnt want her to see me as less of a person. To reveal every single thing thats happened to me or around me would crash me.

4 Replies
oldestnewest

I had some of the same issues. The one thing that took away their power was to tell someone about them. Once they are out they fade to their rightful place in the past. The person who you tell can be anyone who will listen, they don’t have to know you. There is an exercise where you sit down with yourself from an earlier age and talk out your issues. Writing in a journal is a good way to accept what has happened. I have been working on this for 6 years now and I know that communication is so very important. Put things into the light and they will fade.

Being open makes you more of a man than you think! I know how hard the struggle is, hang in there! Breathe, and focus on things you find joy in! Peace be with you!

Thanx

Hope will grow if you believe!

You may also like...