Anxiety and Depression Support
23,769 members22,214 posts

Thanking God

Well, I finally got a decent night sleep. Insomnia has been kicking my backside for a couple of weeks now. I get one good night sleep, and the other six nights are garbage. I can't get my mind and body to shut down at night. It's rather odd. I can be tired as all get out in the morning and all throughout the day, but let the sun go down, and I get a second wind or something. It stinks. I really want the ability my darling wife has, she hits the pillow and is out! Oh, I envy her sleep abilities.

4 Replies
oldestnewest

Glad you got some rest. Do you have a bed time routine to help you relax/unwind? My daughter 10 yrs old went through some time that she'd say good night to us before bed 6 or 7 time within an hour time span. Her doctor told me to give her melatonin 30 min before bed. Have you tried anything like that? Check with a doctor?

jaeutijo.

IF ONLY,I'M JEALOUS NOW.

BEST WISHES

Melatonin is a vital hormone produced in humans and animals, which is responsible for sleep and wakefulness. In a way, melatonin regulates our internal rhythm: when we wake up, what time we go to sleep, and when we feel tired. Having too little melatonin can negatively influence our health, but having too much isn’t desirable either. If you’re planning on taking melatonin supplements, find out these ten essential facts about melatonin.

1. The Body Produces Melatonin Naturally

Even though melatonin can be readily purchased at pharmacies, it is also naturally produced by the body. Just like any other hormone, the body produces a certain amount of melatonin, ideally just the right amount for correct bodily function. Some people refer to melatonin as the “Dracula hormone” due to its tendency to make you feel sleepy. Melatonin is produced by a small gland in the brain called the pineal gland. If melatonin production becomes impaired, you may find it difficult to fall asleep. That’s where melatonin supplements can come in handy, allowing you to get a better night’s sleep.

Stroke survivors ----have you tried melatonin for insomnia.

Has it worked for you..

You may also like...