Anxiety and Depression Support
17,617 members14,015 posts

Holiday stress

Anyone else out there who cannot wait for Christmas to be over? I’d never thought I’d say this but I dread this time of year. School plays, concerts, work and church gatherings of all kinds. Not too mention papers and final exams for my kids. I don’t mind shopping and buying gifts it’s all the social things that are seriously stressing me out and driving me nuts !

4 Replies
oldestnewest

I agree...I hate Christmas because I grew up never having them, never having birthdays, Easter, etc....all holidays just remind me of what I never had. I tried this year to make an effort and yet again...just not happening. We put our dog down this morning and I am not going to enjoy this holiday without him and his goofy smile, tail wagging and smacking my legs and banging the cupboard doors. Waiting for his turkey and gravy dinner. I really miss him already...god what a crap year.

Why did you not celebrate growing up? Was your family Jehovah’s Witness? Sorry to hear about your dog!

The holidays stress me out every year for the reasons you said plus the shopping when it’s super crowded and I’ve never been much of a shopper. I avoid malls. Can’t wait until after Christmas!

1 like

I know I’m like counting down the days - it’s sad! I wish it was more low key like Easter or something

1 like

You may also like...