Anxiety and Depression Support
23,822 members22,276 posts

Taking Chances

Well my fight with insomnia seems to be getting somewhere. I'm beginning to get more sleep and peace of mind. However it takes a lot to distract my mind from negative thoughts. I'm so wired to pessimism, but I know that if I want a happier life I have to let go of my ego. I have to do that which I'm afraid. This means doing things differently and putting others before myself. In this dark days I have found many people who are pushing me back into the light. I have found new doors and reopened old friendships. I have found a new purpose and way of thinking. I can choose to take a leap of faith and go with what I know is the better path. Or I can go back in circles to the road of isolation and destruction. I choose to take a chance and give up my old life for a new one. I choose a life full of family, friends, and laughter over a selfish lonely one. Life starts now.

2 Replies
oldestnewest

What a positive attitude! And well written! I wish you all the best!

That is wonderful! I am so happy for you. It is so hard to get out of the habbitof negative thinking, i atrugfle with this too. Each day is a new day and a new chance. ❤

You may also like...