Anxiety and Depression Support
19,470 members16,565 posts

Getting colder

Hey guys,

I’m feeling really alone because I’m starting to feel like I’m in another funk of anxiety and I feel really out of my body and detached. I don’t feel like myself and I think it has to do with stress and the fact that it’s getting colder and darker out because of the winter and because of the holidays coming up. I wish i could enjoy the holidays, but because of a traumatic event that happened around the holidays several years ago, I don’t find them enjoyable and I actually dread them. I used to love them, but now I wish To just get passed them. Christmas and the music and the dark cold weather are all triggers for my anxiety and depression. I feel anxious and just cloudy. I don’t feel like myself and I just don’t want to deal with it. I know it’s just a funk and i will get though it, but it’s hard when your in it and it just really sucks. I feel like no one really understand specifically what I’m feeling and like I’m just alone.

3 Replies
oldestnewest

Hey, there is actually something called seasonal depression. I have it also during the winter, and something that helps me is trying to be active physically and mentally. Also, if you're alone, try finding a good companion. I got a golden retriever puppy and trained him as a support dog, and it helps so much. They give unconditional love, unlike humans. Hope this helps!!

2 likes

I get you! There is so much pressure this time of year. I say let go of it! Remember what it's all about!

2 likes

Big hugs. I empathize. I find using a SAD lamp helps this time of year. Xx

2 likes

You may also like...