Anxiety and Depression Support

Celebrating the 1 Year Anniversary of the ADAA Anxiety and Depression Support Community!

Celebrating the 1 Year Anniversary of the ADAA Anxiety and Depression Support Community!

This month marks the one year anniversary of the ADAA Anxiety and Support HU Community. We are thrilled that more than 10,000 subscribers have joined our friendly, safe and supportive community to share information and experiences. We invite you to read HU's interview with ADAA's Executive Director, Susan Gurley. bit.ly/2kkRWuy

We would love to hear about your experiences and what this community means to you as we celebrate this milestone! Please share your thoughts by replying to this post. Thank you!

The ADAA Team

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Anxiety and Depression Support has been a safe place where members could all come and share their fears, worries and concerns knowing they are understood. No worries of being ridiculed. No problem is too small. We all share our own experiences with others as well as learning from others experiences. Sometimes things get a little heavy, but it's nice to know we have Administration to turn to.in watching over the community.

The community is much needed in today's world. Not feeling so alone or overwhelmed with life is a benefit. Today is a day to celebrate the 1st year anniversary of such a successful group. With all of us working together in helping each other, we will celebrate many more anniversaries to come.

Thank you to the people responsible for putting this group together.

3 likes

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts about the ADAA community. We're so glad that you have found support and help on the community!

3 likes

Thanks so much to you and your kind members who have given so much support.

3 likes

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We're glad to have you as part of the community!

2 likes

I really need support for anxiety and depression. Mine is caused by hitting my head for the 3rd time.\ over a period of time. I would like to hear from people dealing with both anxiety depression and also who have had concussions that have caused this. People do not understand the cause of mine and think I can just get myself together and it causes more isolation. I feel hopeless and helpless. The pain of living with this is unbearable.

I didn't realize this group was so new.

This international community is different from the usual one country support networks e.g. BeyondBlue in Australia - we have access to so many new sources of information, different ideas and perspectives that might be useful in our lives. We are the experts in our particular brand of depression/anxiety through our with lived experiences.

2 likes

Wow! This is really cool.

1 like

I thank you for all the time and effort you put into making this available for us. I do not usually have much to complaint about, although I am battling terrible anxiety and hellish depression, these have been going on for months. I like it that I can help other people and I even get responses. I am not sure how to use all the boxes, ie the bell what do I do with that? So thank you to each and everyone for making this available. I wanted to make a donation but it denied me, so I suppose I should go to help. Once again THANK YOU ALL. Sprinkle 1

1 like

Thank you for your lovely note! We are so glad that you are finding support on the community.

1 like

Just joined today, so many people out there who are suffering. This is desperately needed not everyone has access to a doctor. Someone already replied to me with kind words which helped. Talking to family is not for me, I've been told go outside, get a job with a non compassionate tone of voice. Outsiders know what your going through, their going through it or where there before. So thanks for this site😊

You may also like...