Anxiety and Depression Support

💢Mom offended me last night😔

She called me a wimp. She said "you've been living like a hermit" when helping me clean my bathroom because i asked her to help me. It really hurt. What mother calls her daughter that? Anyways i don't know how many times i gotta remind her i have a medical condition called depression. And anxiety. But she claims that she has depression too. I don't know if she does right now, i kinda doubt it but she had depression before i was born and she has anxiety. She doesn't take any antidepressants and neither does my dad. They both have had depression and anxiety which obviously is genetic but still they both said they don't like the idea of being on medication like antidepressants and anti anxiety meds. So if they don't want to get better then that's it. But for my mom to tell me she 'has' depression it's weird to hear that because if she did, she wouldn't talk to me and insult me like the way she do. If i knew anyone with any mental illness i would never disrespect them or insult or offend them on their situation. Never. I am confused.

Maybe my mom should've had another daughter or adopt. Because I'm not the daughter she dreamed of having when she was pregnant with me. I'm a disappointment to my parents and my older brothers.

11 Replies
oldest • newest

My mother died almost twenty years ago. I dont miss her. I moved out of my parents house when I was your age when to get away from that woman. I dont have any helpful advice, but. I remember how it feels to be belittled by the person who is suppose to loves you most.🙁

1 like

Ohhh nooo😯 i am sorry for that! I love my mom, family. I just wish they could love and understand me the same how i understand and love them even if i get irritated by them sometimes.

The thing with me is, i have a vulnerable stupid heart, and my emotions are always for front. I cared too much about friends who didn't give a...about me, i like a guy too much not realizing how ugly he probably thinks i am, and i try to do things for people and be there for them when i know nobody would do the same in return. So i have been used my whole life. It sucks. I just wish people, family would try like i try. To build a relationship and to have each other to lean on. But i guess in the 21st century humans don't know how to have relationships since they only obsess over social media and online dating crap.

Happy Thanksgiving😘💜

2 likes

I know. Where is the loyalty these days. It's very rare. 😭

1 like

I don't take meds either. Meds are not a cure they are supposed to help lighten the depth of your depression and or anxiety. I think she might be pissed because in my generation ( I'm fifty so I'm assuming your parents are close to my age) we didn't get diagnosed and treated as easily as your generation. Hell I didn't know I was any different than anybody else until I was in my late twenties. We had to deal with it whether we knew our condition or not, when I expressed my troubles I got this for treatment " life isn't fair so you better start learning how to deal with now"

I think your Mom doesn't care for you "hiding out" for two reasons,

1) your parents and I couldn't do it

2) you receive meds to help you socially, if you don't go out and try how are you going to support yourself? Disability doesn't hardly cover any more than a room to live in and maybe enough food for the month.

give it some thought

1 like

I agree 100% i never thought of it in that perspective. It makes sense. My parents are 54 and 60. Yeah they have depression and anxiety but aren't on any meds. They don't "believe in taking all that medication". It's sad. Thanks!

You are welcome luv. I am glad I could help even if it's just a little.

1 like

You certainly did. I appreciate it👍

Hi Vonnah, sorry to hear about what you feel about your mother. But I think you should think about her side too. During their days people are not given immediate help for their depsression and anxiety and I think that made them stronger and they just get on with life. I think you have to understand her too. who knows? maybe she had the same situation like yours when she was your age and she had no one to lean on. And fact is all of the people in the world suffers from sadness or depression but not at different levels, POINT is we should not compare our sadness to the sadness that they feel. we are all different from each other. i know that you feel helpless sometimes and I think it is best if u try to talk to your mom in a way that u wouldnt offend each others feelings. and as much as possible dont wallow yourself into your depression. you have to try to make things better for yourself so can u can have better days. GOD LOVES YOU ALWAYS :)

1 like

I try to see it from their side but they don't seem to give a crap! I just get so frustrated just typing this. I have no one, absolutely no one. Man, life has turned on me and it's kinda impossible not to wallow. Its not my fault. I understand you but if you only were in my shoes and see how my parents are....i love them but i question if they love and need me as much as i need them. I just can't see it that way. My life has no advantage.

Hey Hun. Sorry to hear how your mom is treating you. She doesn't understand you that's why she talks to you like that. I've been through the same thing with my mom too. She's always offended me too but lately she hasn't said anything. Hope you find someone or people you can connect with to get you through this because that is what I'm doing. I might join a support group or something because I've suffered depression and anxiety for so many years that it kept me back so much in life. Anytime you wanna talk message me. I would be glad to help in anyway I can. Because I feel like I can relate to you. Xxxx.

1 like

Awesome thanks😊 I'm glad you can relate. I know, she definitely don't get it. Neither does my dad.

1 like

You may also like...