Anxiety and Depression Support
21,760 members19,612 posts

PLEASE

Can someone PLEASE help me.. I woke up this morning from a deep sleep. Jolted awake and I felt like I couldn't move or breathe and that I'd die. My chest was jolting like someone was going "CLEAR" on my chest for 30 seconds then it stopped. I only got 3 hours of sleep since I woke up like that and I am TERRIFED of going to sleep tonight. Anyone else experience this??? Please help I'm desperate at this point.

3 Replies
oldestnewest

Try not to worry about it. It has happened to me before but only twice in my life (and i am fifty years old).

It is called "sleep paralysis" and it is scary to go through but I have never heard of anybody dying from it. It is more common than you think.

It has been explained to me that you have some how regained consciousness just before your mind has taken your body off of auto pilot. That is why its like standing inside your head looking out your eyes as if they were windows.

The chances of you going through that again anytime soon if ever at all are slim to none.

2 likes

Hi this is night terrors. It's caused by your brain waking up before your body does. It's happened to me before too and while it's uncomfortable is quite normal. Please don't worry about it. x

2 likes

You can always call your local hotline and talk it through, if that will help. It sounds terrifying, but as the others have said, it may be nothing to worry about. Still. if it's upsetting you, talking about it may be beneficial.

You may also like...