This again... depersonalization/derealization

I been doing ok at blocking the fake feeling thoughts but right now I feel like I am in anxiety attack mode which sends that Depersonalization/ Derealization through the roof. I'm really scared right now. I don't know why my brain does this to me. I just want to get better. My body is in full panic mode. I'm starting to feel like I want to run, vomit and, use the bathroom. So disturbing. I'm trying to find anything to entertain myself but it's hard when you are dealing with this damn Dp/dr

Last edited by

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I am so sorry you are going through this... I can't even imagine...

• have you seen the movie "being john malkovich" ? do you feel you can relate to anything in that movie? Just curious

• Probably if he has depersonalization/derealization. I heard about that movie but I don't want to watch because I don't want to freak out.

• I watched the movie a long time ago and something about the way Cameron Diaz's character and her boyfriend could observe John Malkovich's characters life in the movie, through his own eyes, connected with me. That is how I perceive the condition depersonalization/derealization to be like. The mind existing separately as an observer, viewing the world around through the eyes(holes to the outside world) from within.

Does any of this make sense to you?

• Yes. That's one of the symptoms. You feel like you are watching yourself on a screen. IT SUCKS

• what other symptoms are there? When you look in the mirror, do you recognize the person you see?

• When it first started surroundings and people that were familiar seemed unfamiliar including my face. Thank God that went away.

• Seemed unfamiliar in what way? so you used to know your own face and then suddenly you couldn't recognize yourself for a bit? How?

Can you stand looking at pictures of yourself? Can you comfortably stare into your own eyes in a picture or in the mirror? 🤔

• Yes, it's very weird. You see the faces and your own and surroundings you use to see every single day and all of a sudden everything looks new and weird and dream like. Makes you feel like you are in a dream. It's like your reality is altered. When it first started I couldn't look at myself in the mirror. I would be like " who are you or what are you" now I don't do that anymore. I spent 2 weeks in bed without getting up and I with my eyes close because as soon as I opened them I would panic. It's been over 3 months so some symptoms left. Again Thank god but I am still stuck. Which sucks

You may also like...