Anyone dealing with suicidal thoughts?

So, I constantly think of suicide and have been to the hospital so many times. I dread that i will eventually kill my self one day. I just want access to a gun so I can be done with it. I am not healthy and just think of different ways to end my life. I'm not sure how to change my life. I have been trying I have a daughter and husband who both would miss me. Anyone have a cure? I'm taking meds, doing therapy, working to stay busy each day. Just any moment I have of down time I dwell on how hard things are....what else can I do?

10 Replies

oldest ā€¢ newest
  • Although I haven't gotten to the point of contemplating suicide, I know what you mean about constantly thinking of all the bad things when your mind isn't busy. I'm sorry I don't have any cure for you. The only advice I can give you is to call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Just remember that you have a husband and a daughter who love you and who would miss you terribly. I wish you the best.

• Thanks for your thoughts and I have used that number in the past to save my life. Living life is so much of a challenge when your depressed.

• You can live because suicide will hurt the ones you love so very very badly. The pain will never go away. They will never be the same. Please call one of these numbers when you think about suicide. Don't hurt the ones you love. It's not worth it. You can get better and have fun WITH them. Call now and talk to a counselor and get some ideas on how to get better and feel good. 1.800.273.8255 and 1.800.784.2433.

I've been where you are and I'm SO glad I didn't kill myself. Life is very good now and I'm having fun and feeling good, so why not let this happen to you? It can, yes, it can! The black clouds can clear and the light can get brighter and you can start to live again! It's a battle but you CAN win. If I can, YOU can.

• I know it would be horrible for them and especially for my daughter to have no mother. I just get so low sometimes and feel so deeply overwhelmed that I have to go to the hospital. I feel like a bad mother and that things will never get better for me. I just want to shoot myself and be done with life. I have tried so incredibly hard for so long after so many meds and doctors and even procedures. What life do I live for my daughter when I'm like this...

• Yes, I DO understand. You have tried so hard for so long and yet look where it has gotten you...seemingly nowhere. It's good that you go to the hospital. Are you saying that no med or treatment has ever worked for you? Have you tried everything? Everything your insurance will pay?

I know your life may not seem like much but if you were gone it would be so much worse for your daughter and your husband. They would wonder what they did wrong all of the time. What they could have done.

I do understand how awful it is for you to get through each day. How hard it is. Please try ECT (Electro-Convulsive Therapy) or TMS (Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation). Leave no stone unturned. If you've tried every possible drug, 1 of these 2 might help. May the Lord bless you with healing.

• Oh how my heart was burdened for you when I saw your post. I know exactly where you are coming from. I wish I had "something" to give you to take this horrible feeling/thought from your mind. I wish more people really understood the torture and torment that one faces when these thoughts go whirling through their mind. It's horrific and beyond unsettling. I do however have Someone who is there 24/7 that I can talk to, I can weep those tears of fear and despair with, I can go to Them and ask them to just hold me as I cry, as those thoughts just seem to want to encompasses me, taking my thoughts to a place where I am so very weary and just want to give up. I want to share with you who this person is. I want to let you know that they are there for yo 24/7,when things feel far beyond your control, how you just want to give up all hope, yet you know that you have your family especially and loved ones who just couldn't handle the fact you were in so much pain and despair and agony that you felt you needed to end it all. His name is Jesus. He said in His Word, All you who are heavy burdened and weary come to Me and find rest. Jesus is there, He is waiting for you to just call His name..there is a song by Casting Crowns called Be Held. It's on youtube, please take a few min and just listen to it, I have found first and foremost that Jesus is always there for you but that also He gives different people different gifts to help us through our struggles in life. I know that taking that step and just calling upon the Lord can be quite difficult if one has never really had a relationship with Him. But I know that I knowHe has been with me every step if the way, holding me, comforting me, sending me signs that He is there..waiting for me to just give Him my heart and heavily burdoned thoughts and feelings. I would be more than happy to keep speaking with you, showing you all the grace and love that God has, waiting to pour out upon you. Please know you are not alone. If you would like to talk more..send me a msg and we can figure something out. Just know you are loved with a love that no one can give you but God. You are loved with a love that only the ones closest to you can give you wholeheartedly. I will be praying for you. My heart goes out to you. Those feelings of despair are beyond horrible..but there is hope, help and much love. Remember..just be held. xx

• Jesus is are healer

• I don't have a cure but exercise helps me. It can be as simple as taking the stairs instead of the elevator, riding a bike, or going for a walk.

• Have you had a complete physical with blood work recently? Are you experiencing and hormone shifts? If need be, rule physical stuff out. Vitamin defficiencies, etc.

All the other advice sounds spot on. Just wanted to mention the physical! Sometimes adding large doses of Omega 3 Fatty acids an really help our brains! Do some googling on that! So glad you are herešŸ¤—

• Also!!!! Serum vitamin D level checked!!!!!

You may also like...