STRESS

I find myself getting more and more easily stressed and angry. The tiniest little things really get to me and push me over the edge. All I do it go to work and then get home and lock myself away. It's so depressing, but I don't know what I'm meant to do.

A certain sound, the way someone pronounces a word, if someone asked me a simple question about myself. A switch just flicks and I become incredibly stressed.

I want to be able to be around my family and friends but I just can't do it. I hate it.

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • You're saying that you're very irritable. You're on edge. That sounds like anxiety. Possibly with some depression. Where one is, the other often is too. Have you seen your GP lately to rule out any other problem other than anxiety or depression? There are some things that mimic depression and anxiety like hypothyroidism and deficiencies of some basic nutrients. If you have seen your GP and you've been given the all clear, you may want to bring up the possibility of you having anxiety or depression and get a referral to a psychiatrist. The psychiatrist has been educated and trained to recognize and diagnose types of anxiety and depression and to know which meds are most likely to succeed for you. Please think about this and if the shoe fits, give it a try. Take care and let me know how you're doing.

Blessings....

• Hi, thanks for the reply!

My doctor and I have already established that I have anxiety and depression. We also found out that I have an under active thyroid. All of which I'm on medication for.

Everything just seems to be getting worse. I'm starting therapy so I'm hoping that will help.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Best wishes.

You may also like...