Anxiety and Depression Support
28,428 members28,626 posts

Hello

Hello, I'm a 20 year old female and suffer from anxiety and depression. My anxiety has recently spiraled out of control. I don't think I can fight this alone anymore.

10 Replies
oldestnewest

You're not alone. Know exactly how you feel

3 likes

Hello. Im going through exactly the same i cant have a proper sleep as i feel like am dying when a go to bed and have weird feelings in my head and sizzling feeling in the back of the head am scared ive got something wrong with my brain

3 likes

Booksandtea, you never have to fight this alone. You need a therapist and possibly some medication. You will have to get a psychiatrist for meds and they will ask you questions about your symptoms . Don't be fearful, most of us with anxiety and depression have the same two things. You need someone to help you. Write often.Liti

4 likes

Thank you so much

Have you looked to a therapist of any kind? There are many methods to help you organizeyour mind a bit so you can come back from the onslaught.

You don'thave to go at it alone.

1 like

If there are any local support groups I would highly recommend that. You don't feel alone with your problems when you can talk to some other people with similar concerns.

1 like

I have, I am meeting with my doctor to start some medication to help with what I'm going through.

2 likes

You are not alone, many of us struggle everyday just like you. From experience I suggest you see a Psychiatrist. They can prescribe medication that will help. It will be baby steps at first, but you will get to the place of feeling better. Remember progress not perfection. :)

3 likes

Thank you, I am going to be meeting with my doctor in a week to start some medication to help with what I'm going through.

3 likes

You can and you will. See a therapist and have a good support network. If you work, see if your HR department has EAP.

2 likes

You may also like...