26 Years Old, Battling GAD For Many Years

Hello everyone,

I am very grateful for the opportunity to express myself on this platform and look forward to sharing my story with you all.

In short, I am a 26 year old American male living in Tokyo who has battled GAD for many years now. I can remember my first "panic attack" at the age of roughly 7 or 8 years old.

Historically, I have had great difficulty with managing catastrophic thinking, confronting responsibilities due to paralyzing anxiety, and generally living my life to the fullest due to this debilitating disorder.

Although eliminating caffeine and nicotine from my body has been greatly helpful in mitigating the physiological components of my disorder, I still find myself gripped by the occasional panic attacks.

In 2017, I have vowed to tackle my GAD head on and learn to understand it better as well as to manage it. I look forward to connecting with you all on this platform and to sharing my journey.

Thank you.

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hello, GAD can be very hard sometimes, I have it as well.

It has thrown up so many road blocks throughout my life that it hurts to think about it.

I like what you are doing to combat your GAD keep up the good work and best of luck.

I hope the new year brings you positive changes.

• Hello again everyone,

It's been a few days now, and I have experienced some pretty maddening episodes of anxiety / depression.

However, I managed to make it out to the gym today for an hour long weight training session, and what a difference a workout can make!

Strength training combined with cardio is an excellent and holistic way to bounce back from the debilitating effects of anxiety and depression. I personally do not believe in treating my GAD with any sort of pharmaceutical medications and am always searching for more holistic options like yoga, meditation, exercise, etc.

All the best to everyone out there.

• I think we have a lot of things in common, although I am more than 20 years older. I have also found that exercise is very good to improve mood. Also, I have been told that sticking to a schedule - even though it may feel worse short term - is likely to help long term.

You may also like...