Anorexia Bulimia Care
2,285 members1,131 posts

Binge Eating

Hi, I'm new to this. I think I might have a slight problem with binge eating. I can't stop myself from binging on food at least once a week and it's always the unhealthy fatty junk foods. After I binge, I always feel incredibly sick and guilty but I never feel full. My family doesn't really know about this and I'd like to resolve on my own as quickly as possible. Please help!

2 Replies
oldestnewest

I understand how you feel because I binged for 9 years and no one in my family found out. I tried and failed several times to stop. I would literally diet for less than half a day then give it up. What helped me was that I moved away from home for uni and I was more in control of food and I went from bingeing to eating properly for a bit (but then that quickly spiralled into restricting calories). I think maybe, try see if you can get help?Talk to a GP maybe? If you are over 16, you can talk to a GP without a parent and if you are over 18, your parents cannot access your medical records. I am not sure if there is a quick fix to binge eating (some books may promise that but I doubt it) but maybe trying to identify why you are bingeing may help so that you can avoid triggers.

Hope this helps!

1 like

Thank you for your advice. I'll try to find what triggers it.

You may also like...