Any advice please?

I don't know what is wrong. I'm a teenager and have recently been struggling a lot. I'm unsure whether I have an eating disorder or not but I've been restricting food a lot and really want to lose weight even though I have lost lots and have a underweight BMI. Friends have told me they are worried but my family do not think there is anything wrong. I feel the need to be thinner and something in my mind stops me making good food choices and sometimes leads me to fast or purge if I feel out of control. What should I do?

Last edited by

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Sophie, Please please ask a close family member to take you to the Dr asap.Eating disorders are a really horrible illness and the quicker you start getting some help the better.

Other sources of help could be a teacher from your school but I am...

• Hello Sophie99 :) I wonder if you're spending more time with your friends and maybe that's why your family think everything with you is ok?? It not fair on your body to binge or purge. Why can't you find a balance? You are doing long term harm...

• My ED started just as your sounds to be - don't wait - I know how scary it is to talk to anyone about it and how scary it is to have to eat things you don't feel you want to eat - but the alternative - and I speak with experience - is a life time...

• Purging that often is a serious problem - you really do need to get urgent help as eating 500 cals and purging is going to seriously cause you damage - just telling your parents that you are worried about your low weight might be a start - perhaps...

• Hi Sophie

Sorry to read about your struggles but we are here to support you. Perhaps you'd like to e-mail us at support@anorexiabulimiacare.org.uk where we can talk about this further. Did you know we have a youth befriending service? We match...

• Hi it's Sophie!

Thank you for all the time you spent with your responses and encouragement, I didn't expect anyone to reply!!! Unfortunately I'm still too scared to tell a professional because I'm terrified of gaining weight because when I look...

• Why wouldn't you tell someone...

You're not going to help yourself by not not telling anyone obviously. It's stupid to think anything will change if you don't. You need to sort yourself out and get help.

You may also like...