Exercising: Share your tips and thoughts!

Exercise is important! There's strong scientific evidence that being physically active can help you lead a healthier and happier life [1].

Research also shows that physical activity can also boost self-esteem, mood, sleep quality and energy, as well as reducing your risk of stress, depression, dementia and Alzheimer’s disease [2].

Do you have any particular exercise routines you use to help you with your diagnosis? If you do, please share them below.

NOTES

[1] [2] NHS Why be active nhs.uk/Livewell/fitness/Pag...

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I realize everyone's situation is different! Here is mine.

Exercise: On my 49th birthday last year 2013, I returned to the boxing gym with my former trainer. I used to train with him kickboxing 15 years ago! I train 3 times a week, 2 hours at a time. The 2 hours include heavy bag work, min. 15-minute warm up on the elliptical machine, floor conditioning with push ups, sit-ups, planks, crunches, squats, stretching. If I could, I would return to kickboxing. This may be possible, but more likely I would return to tai chi some time in the next year. When I'm not at the boxing gym, I stretch and do PT exercises. I find I have pain and am stiff if I don't. This is just a part of life now.

• Thanks Julie_ for sharing your exercise routines with members. I am really pleased to read that you making exercise a part of your life, and wish you all the best with your exercising.

• Thanks, Sara! I don't know how long I can keep it up, but I am determined to stay the course for as long as I can!

You may also like...