Trying to make your day...: I have subscribed... - AF Association

AF Association

20,244 members24,776 posts

Trying to make your day...

Hidden
Hidden

I have subscribed this forum somewhere in 2018, but it was my third subscription. I do not know exactly, but believe to have been reading it and participating from...2010. Was kicked out, than subscribed again, later unsubscribed for a while, but subscribed again in 2018.

Have been reading many different forums in English, in German and in my father language - Serbian. Would not know the number, but many. Have problems with AF, so followed the forums about AF and about fibromyalgia, which I consider to be one of the greatest secrets of our days.

What I wanted to say, and after so many years and so many visited forums I believe to be right to do so, NHS-forums are absolutely the best and most visited forums of all! They are not only lively, but perfectly organized! I have witnessed some forums die - it is so disappointing when someone writes a post and asks for help, and there is no answer, or the answer arrives after a year or so... Here, there is the bunch of clever, educated, cooperative and active people, ready to be at one's side in a moment. Still remember that it was exactly my first impression at the beginning - somebody was asking for advice, and there were 18 answers in only 14 hours. I am so glad to be a part of this forum!

Here something what you may like - people with permanent AF have the least chance of getting into trouble with corona. As I have already said at the forum, AF bouts come to exist when the tone of sympathetic branch of autonomous nervous system gets increased. If somebody has permanent AF, it means that the tone is permanently increased. The consequence is not only increased HR (though irregular), but also increased BP, hyperthyroidism, an generally increased activity of the body, including the boosted immune system. Hope it gives you less worry about the virus...

Have a nice day!

Peter

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Re. the last para. Where does this info. come from?

Hidden
Hidden in reply to 10gingercats

It is my humble opinion, after over 12 years of researching AF, and I firmly believe to be right! I have analyzed thousand and thousands of people's posts, and everything fits in.

10gingercats
10gingercats in reply to Hidden

Your post is worrying because you have not based your statement on scientific evidence .

Hidden
Hidden in reply to 10gingercats

Why worrying? I have just said that there is the chance that they are at less risk, nothing else... Scientific evidence will come from MDs, in a century or so, lol

If the increased heart rate and other symptoms do make some AF "sufferers" less susceptible to Covid-19, it is not the AF that has this effect, because you do not get increased HR with Bradycardia AF.

It's nice to see having permanent a-fib (IYO) could have a positive side regarding the virus.

I hope your right. I think though that cornavirus is a 'new kid on the block' and medic's would be unable to clarify anything about the virus just yet.

At the moment I'm one of the lucky ones. I'm in sinus and med's are keeping me that way (for now). I live in the UK so the supply chain should keep rolling for a while - the stock of med's were increased here due to Brexit.

Here's my take. I'm fed up and my business which I've built up over the last decade or so looks to be finished (not without a fight though).

Does it matter ? Nah - no way.

There are people much worse off than me. Wait until this thing hit's third world countries. Like I say I'm one of the luckly ones - I've got some food in the fridge and a bed to sleep in. Afib is not a health condition I want but there are worse things to suffer from. If I go in to permanent afib then so be it. I'm not being flippant so please don't think I am (there's no way I want it - I really don't!) However people with permanent afib often find their body adjusts and symptions become far less noticeable.

I hope you have a nice day too.

Paul

I have dabbled in other forums too and have quickly left, too many aggressive members who make the forum unpleasant. I agree, the NHS forums are excellent. Have a nice day too.

Hi Folks! Please remember that Baraba is not writing in his native language, and so may not express himself as clearly and as gently as we would. Also remember that his native language may be much more 'direct' than ours.

It is easy to learn simple English, but very hard to learn to speak it as well as he does!

It is also true that German and Serbian forums may have access to research which we don't, so there may be more truth in his point of view than we are aware of.

Hidden
Hidden in reply to Polski

Hi! Thank you for your support and, at the same time, I apology if what I have written sounds clumsy or inappropriate...

I have been translating from English and German for decades (mostly operating manuals for different machines), have even lived one year in Germany, but have to admit that I am far from knowing these languages "well". Actually, I can say pretty much, but I never know and probably will never know how it sounds to people knowing the language perfectly well. Mostly, I am happy if I succeed to complete the sentence at all... I am telling things in the way I can, rarely in the way I will.

Being an outsider, I believed that it would be OK if I, looking from the distance, say that your forum is (at least for me) the best one.

The statement in last paragraph is the result of my research and I hoped that people would be less worried if told what I did. You must have heard in the media that at highest risk are the people with asthma, diabetes 2, autoimmune diseases etc, which all count to the health issues because of increased tone of parasympathetic branch of autonomous nervous system. People with permanent AF are very far from it and therefore less in danger...

I apologize if I have ever offended anyone with my odd writing and because of my Tarzan English!

All the best!

Peter

Dear Baraba, Sorry for the delay in response. I didn't wish to suggest that what you wrote was in anyway unacceptable, but I was aware that some people are ultra-sensitive at present, and we have had one or two examples of people getting upset where no offence was intended, so I was just encouraging anyone who might misinterpret any part of your post to think twice before reacting!

I am English, but live in Poland, and am still struggling to understand the language around me, so I am very aware of the pitfalls of trying to speak or write in another language, and just wanted other people to be aware too. Your English, as of course you know, as you are using it every day for work, is very good, but no-one can write like a native unless they have lived in the country concerned for some length of time during their lives, and people need to appreciate that.

We have to be very careful on here that we don't come across as health professionals, when we are actually writing from our own understanding and experience. I suggest that you include the source of your comments when there is one, as Gingercats requested, so people can refer to the sources and draw their own conclusions.

However, if I am writing information I have collected over time from multiple sources, I find it is best to start my comments with expressions such as 'I think', 'It is my understanding that', 'I have the impression that', 'In my experience' etc. So people know that I am expressing my own opinions or refering to what has or hasn't worked for me.

I do hope this explains my comments, and that you will continue to feel happy to read and write on this excellent forum, along with everyone else! As we all contribute, so we all learn, and I, for one, found your comments very interesting and helpful. Thank you!

You may also like...