AF Association
14,303 members17,287 posts

Increased Eptopics advice needed

I am now 15 months following ablation, no AF since, however I am now experiencing more eptopics about 8 to 10 singles an hour that I can feel. I am also feeling a little ill (as I recall feeling when being in AF) my pulse seems regular apart from Eptopics at around 60 Bpm at rest with no meds. Not sure what’s going on but feeling fed up and anxious again. No particular risk factors or anything going on to cause any agitation. Eating well and exercising steady. Any advice appreciated.

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Have you tried slow breathing technique? Breath in for count of 3 -hold for 4 and breath out for 5. Or even straightforward consciously slow breathing down to less than 6 breaths per minute, usually works for both anxiety and ectopics.

1 like

Thanks, does this approach work for 8 to 10 an hour or much more frequent?

Very individual but you will find it helps many. I know Bob finds it helps. We all have ectopics but most people won’t even notice them. Are they atrial or ventricular - I get both. The good news is that I was told that if I was getting ectopics then it was the heart not going into AF.

Hi, they feel like skips, mostly fairly gentle but I can feel them, so not sure if they are atrial or not. I have always felt a few following ablation that come and go, but these are fairly present for the last couple of weeks. It’s the change that’s unsettling rather than the actual ectopics. Thanks again

I'm now three years post ablation. I still get ectopic beats but infrequently, between 0 and ten a day and the odd very short run of what feels like a flutter in my chest, maybe less than once a month. However, about a year or so ago, the ectopics became quite frequent and there were days when I was getting between 3 and 6 a minute for hours at a time which made me feel a bit ropey, so I tried magnesium supplementation and that seemed to do the trick.

Thanks, how long were you taking magnesium before you noticed any improvement?

Quite quickly, maybe a week.

Thanks Mike, last question, how much were you taking a day?

600mg chelated magnesium from Doctor's Best. I dropped it to 400mg after a couple of months and still take it daily.

Ok, thanks

You may also like...