AF Association
13,612 members16,495 posts

Ablation

Having afib about 2 hours everyday. Taken amiodarone 200mg per day which is making me sick. Should I have an ablation

Thx

12 Replies
oldestnewest

Personal opinion only .Yes if offered.

3 likes

And I share that view.........

3 likes

Again , personal opinion, yes!

1 like

Absolutely yes

Why ever not?!

Why are you on amiodarone? Presumably you've tried other meds and looked carefully at life-style factors?

If the amiodarone isn't working and it has a lot of negative side effects, perhaps ask your doctor to stop taking it?

2 likes

Ablation, if offered, every time over any drug - especially Amiodarone.

1 like

Yes, certainly an ablation over taking Amiodarone - not a good tablet to take for too long. Have you tried Flecainide?

Jean

I had my ablation three months ago ,I personally would highly recommend it,I am hoping now it will help with my heart failure, best of luck whatever your decision you make .

My ablation took away my AF totally for many years, so yes is my general response. But obviously, I'd be more interested in what my EP advised me to do personally.

I had an ablation about 8 months ago so far so good. No Afib. I just don't do very well on medications always have too many side effects even the very rare ones. Im pleased to have had an ablation and off medications. I was on medications and still having frequent episodes of afib. The ablation was the best option for me. Talk with your Doctor and see about an consult with a Cardiac electrophysiologists for an evaluation if possible.

You may also like...