Is this you?

Eat relatively healthily, avoiding saturated fat and salt? Basing meals on starchy carbohydrates, with moderate amounts of lean protein and low-fat dairy.

Then consider that a meta-analysis of 72 studies found no link between saturated fat and heart disease.

Many starches are turned to glucose in the body faster than table sugar.

Fructose glycosylates haemoglobin seven times more than glucose.

Lean protein is the fastest way to deplete your liver of vitamin A.

So if you have AF from impaired electrical/nerve stimulation/conductivity/insulation, try redressing the balance of your diet.

5 Replies

• Thank you for your advice. I take it that this diet helped you? Has it cured your AF?

• Have you got a link for this research? If you are saying this healthy diet is not healthy, what are you eating now. I'm always looking for excuses to eat saturated fat!

• I think the official line here is that whilst dietary changes my be helpful for some people it must not replace prescribed medication, particularly in respect of anticoagulation for stroke prevention.

• Yes, a link to the research would be helpful.

This is an on going debate on the HU Cholesterol forum, there are two main camps - the eat as much fat as you like but avoid carbohydrates, and the eat as little fat as possible especially dairy. Sorry , no link from me either and I too would love to binge on pork crackling and sausages!

• It does seem that eating meat and animal products containing saturated fat is not as much of a risk as was thought, but all things in moderation -- no gorging! Refined carbs are poison; eat whole carbs. To loose weight do not mix fat and carbs at the same meal; but protein can go with either. If on Warfarin, do not make any significant changes to diet; do it gently and gradually.

Hope that is of some help.

You may also like...