Decision time is approaching but should I take an ADT vacation? Any new data or articles to support decisions on intermittent ADT?
I'm looking forward to an improved QoL but just worried about giving the beast room to come back.
I've been undetectable (<0.01) since treatment started 11 months ago and have a PSMA PET coming up to confirm nothing is visible.
As backstory, next month I'll complete the "triple play" treatment plan that included ADT + Docetaxel + Nubeqa + SBRT after recurrent low volume/high risk PSA. At the start of this round my PSA was 0.9 with a 4 month doubling rate and 2 "possible" hot spots on a rib and vertebra. The rest of my history is in my profile but I previously completed RALP and adjuvant EBRT with 18 months Zytiga for recurrent PSA after the surgery -- and I was then undetectable for 15 months after the Zytiga. Initial dx at 52 was PSA ~11, Gleason 4+3.
Thanks for any input 🙏
For me I liked being off the drugs for over a year. It did let me take my mind off my disease even with a steady increase to 2. I am still deciding if that was a good thing or not.Now I am going back on ADT and PET scan found 4 spots on my spine that I am radiating next week. That said, nothing was a surprise and I am doing well in general. Its not hitting me as hard as the first time. Maybe ADT will change my emotions but kind of taking it in stride at this time.
son of a gun! Knock it out!