My husband just received the report but won’t be seeing the MO until Thursday. Can someone explain these findings?
1. tracer avid multi focal prostate nodules with extensive involvement of the right aspect of the prostate with extra prostatic extension consistent with prostate cancer.
2. 2 tracer avid normal size right internal and right external iliac nodes consistent with nodal metastatic disease.
Any help understanding this would be greatly appreciated
His psa was .2 at time, btw his psa at Dx was 4.1, he’s stage 4 Gleason 9
Thanks to all
There is cancer in the prostate as you already know. It has grown a bit outside already. Then there are two affected lymph nodes which are no immediate threat.
Why don't you get the prostate radiated including the lymph nodes in the pelvis?
So….. that may be a next step? our MO will review report with us in a couple days. Do you think that the PSMA detected something new? Seems like FDG pets indicated similar node involvement but we thought chemo fixed that 3 years ago. His psadt is a concern as Elligard and Casodex are his current line of treatment
I would have done this step shortly after diagnosis. But you can still do this. My suggestion is to make an appointment with a radiation oncologist and discuss radiation with him. Your MO will not radiate you. Combining radiation with hormone therapy is usually very effective.
thank you so much, we will , sounds like our winter in Arizona may be a bit different this year ☹️ Does anyone know a good center near Mesa?
Thank you again for your suggestions. My thoughts are if MO switches him to Abi or Enzalutamide, could he wait a few months before getting radiation? Or is it wiser to deal with it now? What kind, I”ve read about brachia? We don’t have a radiologist oncologist at this time. and we don’t know much Thanks!
I would suggest a standard IMRT radiation because you will want to include the two iliac nodes in the radiation field. Brachytherapy is directed to the prostate and not to the lymph nodes. The radiation oncologist will make a recommendation based on the PSMA PET/CT and the radiation systems he has available. Maybe you can arrange a video consult with the hospital you prefer for the radiation. You cannot just walk up to the hospital and expect to be radiated the following week. Yes, you can wait for a few months. But be aware that your husband has a disease which intends to kill him.
Ouch!’ That last line of your reply really stung, I think I’ll sign off here for a while
Hope everyone stays healthy and happy.