... - Advanced Prostate...

Advanced Prostate Cancer

14,595 members17,865 posts

CAR-T CELL THERAPY

Nalakrats profile image

Schwah, one of our members asked me what is CAR-T-->so I decided to post for all to read. CAR-T---CELL THERAPY is an immunology technique. This technique can sometimes be referred to as [Adaptive Cell Therapy].

Basically, T cells from the population of White Cells are extracted. They usually go to a specialty Pharmaceutical Co. And to these T Cells, an Artificial Receptor[referred to as a *chimeric antigen receptor] is added to the surface of the T Cells. The modified T Cells are then returned to the patients' bloodstream. This new entity in the blood produces chemicals that kill cancer cells. They multiply and they attack cancer tumors. This technique has been approved for years by the FDA for Hodgkins Lymphoma and Childhood Leukemias. Now CAR-T has been around for years and the old versions that failed with other cancers did so because they all targeted the same CD-19 Molecule on the surface of the cancer cell. Failure occurs when the Cancer Cells in a Tumor mutate and shed their CD-19 Molecule-->leaving the CAR-T without a target. So years went by and CAR-T fell quickly out of favor. Some people got help and cured--one such person was put on the cover of the Sunday Parade Magazine---who had 4th Stage Breast Cancer and was cured, Period. I never heard of any Prostate Cancer being Cured or a patient having positive results. So interest was lost--accept the idea never went away. It made sense to find a way to use treated or retrained T cells to do the job of eliminating cancer cells.

GOOD NEWS--->There are now new technologies that target multiple molecules on the cancer cell surface. I believe what I am hearing is that up to 4 targets are now being attacked. This would allow CAR-T[Modified T Cells] to still recognize the cancer even if that cancer sheds a target from its surface, to avoid extinction.

CAR-T Cell Therapy is a living drug[that is why the term *Chimeric is used]. And can persist in the body a long time and be able to recognize cancer years later and attack-->like a Real Vaccine attacks Bacteria or Viruses. My MO who heads Cancer R&D at Levine Cancer Institute--about came unglued last March when he told me he was getting the first patient in one of the new CAR-T formats. All he would tell me was crickets!

OUTLOOK FOR US: There are new CAR-T trials opening up---just last week we got one of our HU Members into a Dana Farber CAR-T Trial. I highly suggest for those that are looking at Lu-177 they may wish to look at CAR-T Trials as well. The intention when CAR-T started years ago was to replace Chemo. Maybe with the new technology, it can happen. I am Really High on this--not much is being printed, because it is all so propriety, and the researchers are dealing with N=x--where x is a small number--those being treated are in small clinical settings. And they are still collecting data.

Nalakrats

87 Replies

Is it the case that a potential severe side effect of CAR-T therapy could be CRS - cytokine release syndrome?

Yes with the older versions this is true--and you are in a hospital setting, and the CK Storm is treated for the 2 days it usually lasts. Maybe that is why my MO is using the Hospital part of Levine for his trials. And we do not know what the new versions do. If I were you--I would check out what is available--and you can get questions answered. At this point, I am just reporting---and not yet technically an expert, as I cannot get more inside info. The patient going into the Dana Farber trial, next week can become a good resource, for me. That I might be able to pass on real-life info. But I am telling you this is smoldering---it will become hot--I think.

Nal

Thank you for this wonderful info! Hubby just started his chemo 4 days ago- nice to see an option! Will check it out!

Gabby643 profile image
Gabby643 in reply to Nalakrats

Thanks for the info.

By the way, Tagawa is usually up on anything new--he might have some guiding lights--any way you are on a 3 drug trial now--and will probably have to finish--pretty intense combo.

Nal

Thanks Nal:

Please keep us all posted.

We so value your opinion.

Can this procedure still be done after Docetaxel?????

Yes---check out if there are trials you can be involved in.

Nal

Will do - thank you.

Still having feet neuropathy issues.

Taking Mega Benfotiamine for 30 days - 1000 mg and L-Arginine - 2000mg.

Maybe a bit better - but still stingy feet.

Any thoughts???

If you do not get a better resolution, could be if you've had the Neuropathy too long then there is the possibility that nerves may have died. I had mine for less than 4 months, and mine resolved in the middle of my second bottle of the Mega Benfotiamine--I also used Lipoic acid, which I do daily anyway--but I used R-Lipoic acid, L-Arginine, and one thing I did not discuss which is Chelation Suppositories---which cleans out calcified plaque in blood vessels. So I brought my whole army to wage war.

Nal

Thanks - I am still on my first bottle. I have had my PN since May when I stopped chemo. That's the bad news.

The good news is my PSA has continued to drop from 15 at the start of chemo to 0.16 in May to 0.5 in August, 0.46 in September, 0'36 in October and 0.29 in November.

The Lord is watching over us since I just reached my 19th anniversary with PC.

Nal, so appreciate your knowledge.

Thanks,

Tom

TFBUNDY profile image
TFBUNDY in reply to Nalakrats

Hi Nal. I'm sure we would all be interested in a photograph of your daily intake. Do you have a wide angle lens... lol? Do you have room for food?

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to TFBUNDY

Yes I do!

Nal

TFBUNDY profile image

You want me to nag you about writing a book? You can't take your knowledge with you...

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to TFBUNDY

No Nagging, please!

Nal

Thank you so much for explaining this - really helpful.

NickJoy profile image
NickJoy in reply to NickJoy

By the way - love the photo - I am still hoping some clever Israeli scientists will come up with some good CRISPR treatments that can help.

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to NickJoy

10 feet away I fly the American Flag---cannot get them both in a proper photo.

Nal

Thanks Nal!

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to Seebs9

You're Welcome!

Nal

Wow, would be so amazingly wonderful if it could be made effective against PCa & other beastly cancers! Thank you for sharing.

When you have a moment would you be able to explain how CAR-T differs from BITE and which is likely to be the most effective treatment?

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to NickJoy

CAR-T and BiTE, both work on the principle of assisting the T Cells in killing the Cancer Cells.They do it differently. BiTE is to be off-the-shelf technology where CAR-T is individualized per patient. But the principle is the same--- getting T cells to kill cancer cells. It is way too early to choose one over the other.

Nal

NickJoy profile image
NickJoy in reply to Nalakrats

Thank you.

As you can see, most of the trials are in the recruiting phase.Study List:

Study 1:

Title: A Study of JNJ-75229414 for Metastatic Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer Participants

Study Results: No Results Available

Conditions: Prostatic Neoplasms

Interventions: Drug: JNJ-75229414|Drug: Bridging Therapy

Locations: City of Hope Cancer Center, Duarte, California, United States|Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, West Hollywood, California, United States|Emory University - Winship Cancer Institute, Atlanta, Georgia, United States|Norton Cancer Institute, Louisville, Kentucky, United States|Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, Michigan, United States|University Of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States|Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, New York, United States|Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York, United States|Levine Cancer Institute, Charlotte, North Carolina, United States|University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States|University of Utah Huntsman Cancer Institute, Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

URL: ClinicalTrials.gov/show/NCT...

Study 2:

Title: P-PSMA-101 CAR-T Cells in the Treatment of Subjects With Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer (mCRPC)

Conditions: Prostatic Neoplasms, Castration-Resistant|Neoplasms by Histologic Type|Neoplasms, Prostate|Prostate Cancer|Metastatic Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer|Neoplasms|Prostatic Neoplasms|Genital Neoplasms, Male|Urogenital Neoplasms|Neoplasms by Site|Prostatic Disease

Interventions: Biological: P-PSMA-101 CAR-T cells|Drug: Rimiducid

Locations: City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center, Duarte, California, United States|University of California San Diego, San Diego, California, United States|University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States|Sarah Cannon Research Institute at HealthONE, Denver, Colorado, United States|University of Maryland, Baltimore, Baltimore, Maryland, United States|Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, United States|Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, United States|Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, United States

Study 3:

Title: PSCA-CAR T Cells in Treating Patients With PSCA+ Metastatic Castration Resistant Prostate Cancer

Conditions: Castration-Resistant Prostate Carcinoma|Metastatic Prostate Carcinoma|Stage IV Prostate Cancer AJCC v8|Stage IVA Prostate Cancer AJCC v8|Stage IVB Prostate Cancer AJCC v8

Interventions: Biological: Autologous Anti-PSCA-CAR-4-1BB/TCRzeta-CD19t-expressing T-lymphocytes|Drug: Cyclophosphamide|Drug: Fludarabine|Drug: Fludarabine Phosphate

Locations: City of Hope Medical Center, Duarte, California, United States

Study 4:

Title: PD1 Integrated Anti-PSMA CART in Treating Patients With Castrate-Resistant Prostate Cancer

Conditions: Castrate-Resistant Prostate Cancer

Interventions: Drug: PD1-PSMA-CART cells

Locations: The First Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China

Study 5:

Title: A Study of CART-PSMA-TGFβRDN in Patients With Metastatic Castration Resistant Prostate Cancer

Conditions: Metastatic Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer

Interventions: Biological: CART-PSMA-TGFβRDN|Drug: Cyclophosphamide|Drug: Fludarabine|Drug: Anakinra

Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, Florida, United States|The University of Kansas Hospital, Kansas City, Kansas, United States|Washington University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, Missouri, United States|Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York, United States|University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States|Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States|University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States|Sarah Cannon Research Insitute, Nashville, Tennessee, United States|University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, Washington, United States

Study 6:

Title: Safety and Activity Study of PSCA-Targeted CAR-T Cells (BPX-601) in Subjects With Selected Advanced Solid Tumors

Conditions: Metastatic Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer|Metastatic Prostate Cancer|Metastatic Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma|Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer|Metastatic Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma

Interventions: Biological: BPX-601|Drug: Rimiducid

Locations: Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, Florida, United States|Emory Winship Cancer Institute, Atlanta, Georgia, United States|John Theurer Cancer Center, Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack, New Jersey, United States|Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York, United States|Tennessee Oncology, PLLC, Nashville, Tennessee, United States|Baylor Sammons Cancer Center, Dallas, Texas, United States|The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, United States

Study 7:

Title: Dose-escalating Trial With UniCAR02-T Cells and PSMA Target Module (TMpPSMA) in Patients With Progressive Disease After Standard Systemic Therapy in Cancers With Positive PSMA Marker

Conditions: Prostate Cancer

Interventions: Drug: Cyclophosphamide (Non-IMP)|Drug: Fludarabine (Non-IMP)|Drug: UniCAR02-T-pPSMA|Drug: UniCAR02-T (IMP)

Locations: Universitätsklinikum Ulm, Ulm, Baden-Württemberg, Germany|Universitätsklinikum Würzburg, Würzburg, Bayern, Germany|Universitätsklinikum Dresden, Dresden, Sachsen, Germany|Universitätsklinikum Hamburg-Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany

Study 8:

Title: A Clinical Research of CAR T Cells Targeting EpCAM Positive Cancer

Conditions: Colon Cancer|Esophageal Carcinoma|Pancreatic Cancer|Prostate Cancer|Gastric Cancer|Hepatic Carcinoma

Interventions: Biological: CAR-T cell immunotherapy

Locations: IEC of Chengdu Medical College, Chendu, China

Study 9:

Title: Haplo / Allogeneic NKG2DL-targeting Chimeric Antigen Receptor-grafted γδ T Cells for Relapsed or Refractory Solid Tumour

Conditions: Colorectal Cancer|Triple Negative Breast Cancer|Sarcoma|Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma|Prostate Cancer|Gastric Cancer

Interventions: Biological: Adoptive Cell Transfer of NKG2DL-targetting Chimeric Antigen Receptor-grafted Gamma Delta T cell

Locations: Landmark Medical Centre, Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia

Study 10:

Title: CAR-macrophages for the Treatment of HER2 Overexpressing Solid Tumors

Conditions: HER2-positive|Adenocarcinoma|Bile Duct Cancer|Biliary Tract Cancer|Bladder Cancer|Breast Cancer|Breast Neoplasm|Carcinoma, Ductal|Carcinoma, Hepatocellular|Cancer|Lung Cancer, Non-Small-Cell|Carcinoma, Ovarian Epithelial|Carcinoma, Small Cell|Carcinoma, Squamous|Carcinoma, Transitional Cell|Colorectal Cancer|Esophagogastric Junction Neoplasms|Inflammatory Breast Cancer|Stomach Neoplasms|Malignant Neoplasms|Ovarian Neoplasms|Pancreatic Cancer|HER2-positive Solid Tumors|HER2-positive Breast Cancer|HER2-positive Gastric Cancer|HER-2 Protein Overexpression|HER-2 Gene Amplification|Prostate Cancer|Head and Neck Cancer|Endometrial Cancer|Lung Cancer, Small Cell

Interventions: Biological: CT-0508

Locations: City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, California, United States|UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States|Abramson Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States|M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, United States

Study 11:

Title: PSMA-specific CAR-T Cell Therapy

Conditions: PSMA Positive Tumors or Tumor Tissues

Interventions: Biological: 4SCAR-PSMA T cells

Locations: Shenzhen Children's Hospital, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China|Shenzhen Geno-immune Medical Institute, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China|Shenzhen Hospital of Southern Medical University, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China|The Seventh Affilliated Hospital of Sun Yat-Sen University, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China

NickJoy profile image
NickJoy in reply to RSH1

Thank you for this - wish there was more going on in Europe. Maybe soon !!

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to RSH1

A bit overwhelming but I truly thank you for the incredible display that you put forth. This should allow just about anyone on this site to hook into the CAR-T revolution that appears to be going on. Maybe for everyone to see it--who may not get to or participate in this thread to get a blast from you in a Post. Thanks!

Nal

I shall be visiting Dana Farber this Wednesday, very timely.

There are some preliminary results in 9 patients:

bloomberg.com/press-release...

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to tango65

Tango--why don't you post this for the entire community--->such as in Follow up to Nalakrats Post on CAR-T--here is some important information. There was a trial number included in the article. I think more than one company is working on this, but I implore you to post this. Thanks,

Nal

tango65 profile image
tango65 in reply to Nalakrats

This is other link to preliminary data:

ascopubs.org/doi/abs/10.120...

I am disappointed with the naysayers in this group. If I post something with 9 or 10 cases, they will start saying the number of cases makes the data irrelevant. It is very low number, etc. etc. all the negative staff, and they will not understand that we are talking about a solid tumor with about 30% or more responding to this therapy.

RSH1 profile image
RSH1 in reply to tango65

You can lead a horse to water...

I try to look at it as, yes there will be naysayers and baby Hitlers, but if one person obtains some info that they needed then job done. The rest of the horses can die of thirst. Darwinism?

Nalakrats profile image

I understand what you mean by the Naysayers!

tango65 profile image

And what about the idolatry..

Nalakrats profile image

You can add idolatry and multiply it by 4.

Nal

tango65 profile image

You can post the links if you like. It is OK with me.

Thanks for posting about this subject it may be something that eventually may lead to a real control of PC. like it is happening with liquid tumours.

TFBUNDY profile image

Lol..

Nal many thanks for posting. Tango thanks also for sharing encouraging preliminary results.

Thanks Nal— very well written and informative— hoping for good outcomes in the trials as seen in the Poseida Phase 1 linked above by tango!

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to timotur

A-Men---and did you see RSH1--and his reply--there is some very serious activity going on.

Nal

timotur profile image
timotur in reply to Nalakrats

Yes! Very encouraging so many approaches being taken— very promising! Hoping this will also transcend to nm/HSPC for early tx if it succeeds in mCRPC!

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to timotur

We do not need androgen receptors when treating Leukemia!!!!

Nal

Thank you!

CAR T

CAR T

Thank you so much Nal, one question, recently I got the report of gene panel testing, I do not have any mutation, is there any eligibility criteria of this therapy related to mutation present or absent?

Pretty amazing. If this technology can be successfully applied to PCa, wow!

For B cell lymphoma, CAR T therapy gave average event-free survival of 8-10 months. Vs. 2 months with traditional chemo.

medscape.com/viewarticle/96...

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to RSH1

Nice!

Not that I know of---->It only trains and creates Super T Cells--that seek out cancer cells Mutations may not have an effect. The T Cells Modified does not ask what name the cancer name is.

Nal

Soumen79 profile image
Soumen79 in reply to Nalakrats

Thank you Nal!

Sounds brilliant Nalakrats...think you are BRCA 2 from memory like me aren't you? Sounds great for us, maybe better than PARP..not as toxic?

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to Bigdo58

I am a fan of Olaparib[PARP], but also of BAT, High T, and Modified BAT, and of course, this new technology that still has to prove itself--as we only have results from 9 patients. Yes, I am BRCA-2. Good Memory!

Nal

Bigdo58 profile image
Bigdo58 in reply to Nalakrats

Okay Olaparib...at last check on that, still only on approved Medicare list in OZ for Breast Cancer patients (i.e. female 98%).

Will check that one again.Thanks Nats!

Thx so much fir the thorough explanation Nal. Does Provenge have anything in common with these Car-T cell therapies?

Schwah

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to Schwah

Yes as Provenge treats you by using your own Immune Cells. Now, this technology is 11 years old, and you can add 3-4 years of trials before FDA approval in 2010. Provenge was later followed with CAR-T for Blood Cancers---tried on various Cancers, and failed, outside of some successes. It failed miserably for Pca. And was dropped as a possible treatment for Pca. In my post I describe why the new forms of CAR-T are now hot--did you see the post by RSH1--indicating all the locations that are involved, recruiting, or intending to recruit. I would say this new Technology is about to Heat Up---preliminary results which are too small to hang your hat on---between the lines is showing to be preferential to any Chemo. A swap of CAR-T for Chemo is starting this week--and I am following this patient. I may report, or it may be a privacy issue, that I would respect.

Nal

Schwah profile image
Schwah in reply to Nalakrats

Thx. Keep us updated please. Can’t imagine there would be a privacy issue if you don’t include names or places…

Schwah

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to Schwah

I have to ask for info--if they give it fine--I would not press it.I want to put this treatment in my Quiver.

V10fanatic profile image
V10fanatic in reply to Nalakrats

So, my Provenge treatment is now ancient and outdated. I wonder if I can do both, or am I stuck with my Model T.

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to V10fanatic

This all is so new--I cannot answer--your question would need a response from an Oncologist actually involved in CAR-T---this new CAR-T is very much different than the older versions, from a number of years ago, and certainly different than Provenge.

Nalakrats

Thanks

I first read about Cart T posted by Faith 1111. Great follow up here. Attitude has a lot to do with how one approaches life.

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to Ramp7

Amen!

My wife had CAR-T at Dana Farber 21 months ago for lymphoma and since month 3 has been completely clear of lymphoma. Yes, there was the cytokine storm, which was mild and short-lived, but the neurotoxicity was intense. She was non-responsive for several days. It took a few weeks for her to return to normal with stability walking and such.

I'm looking forward to the advances in CAR-T for solid tumors. Hopefully in my lifetime.

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to TonyS58

The new Techniques are far advanced over what your wife went thru--the side effects have and had been addressed, while these new Forms of CAR-T were being developed. Precautions have been built in--but that Does Not mean you will be side-effect-free.

Nalakrats

My son did the cart t trial at the city of hope last June. We were so hopeful this would be a life saver. It was emotionally and physically the hardest thing he ever did. Lots of issues with his kidneys and urination. When he came home he entered hospice and passed away in March. He was only 43. Let’s hope they find a cure ….

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to Eabradley

So Sorry to hear this! Was this June of 2021 or June of 2020. I asked because the new technology dates back to March/February of this year. I pray your loss was not in vain, so young. God has his reasons!

Nalakrats

NickJoy profile image
NickJoy in reply to Eabradley

I am so very sorry for your loss. Thank you for keeping us informed of the issues.

j-o-h-n profile image
j-o-h-n in reply to Eabradley

Too too young... my condolences regarding the passing of your dear son. He was too young to pass away at the age of 43. That is the middle of someone's life span where he should be enjoying life. Well I guess he is enjoying himself now in the arms of God. May we all meet him one day and let him know how his Dad thinks of him everyday. I bet I would have liked him...God Bless you and God bless your son and the rest of your family.

j-o-h-n Monday 12/13/2021 10:12 PM EST

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to j-o-h-n

Thanks, j-o-h-n

Lulu700 profile image
Lulu700 in reply to Eabradley

Whoah .. so sad ,so young . God bless his soul . 🙏😫

Faith1111 profile image
Faith1111 in reply to Eabradley

I am so very sorry to hear about your son. That is way way too young to pass from prostate cancer. My heart breaks for you and your family. I pray he is in a place of peace and you will see him again one day 💞

I think it was about a year ago that I asked my well-known Onco what he thought was the best chance for a major improvement in PCa treatment and he said "Car-T." Thanks to you and RSH for this posting.

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to cigafred

As does my MO-->V/P R&D at Levine.

Nal

Isn’t that pretty much the same as Provenge therapy?

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to EdBar

Well not quite---they both work on the immunity cells to retrain them to recognize the cancer and to attack. But I have not heard about any cures from Provenge which was approved in 2010, with 3 prior years of Phase Trials. Today the step up in technology from Provenge is like going from a Lexis to a Rolls Royce---and getting better as more R&D efforts from new participants are entering the contest. There is a ton of money to be made--for the right CAR-T Techniques. As CAR-T does not care what cancer is present--from the little bit I knowIt considers any cancer an invader.

Nal

Thanks Nal. Good summary

I love the Star of David for I’m a Follower of Christ a Jew.

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to Lulu700

Well put as usual!

Nal

Lulu700 profile image
Lulu700 in reply to Nalakrats

Shalom ! 🙏

Reading the asco publication abstract and reviewing the graphic, it looks like a gene is inserted to cause the T cell to bind to PSMA. I’m wondering if it only kills PSMA expressing cells, or if there is a secondary effect when PSMA expressing cells die and release their antigens.

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to Javelin18

It goes after all cancers---currently working against Leukemia and Childhood Lymphomas.

Nal

My son had the car t in June of 2020 with dr droff ..

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to Eabradley

I am truly sad to hear of any passing from this Son of a B**** disease--and 43 is just something we do not hear about. It has always been an old man's disease. Not anymore!Your son was treated with an older version of CAR-T. I did not think they were still using it in June of 2020. This new version if you re-read my post has the ability to target up to 4 molecules on the cancer cell and not just one-->the CD-19. So the cancer cell cannot just off this molecule to protect itself. This is probably stuff you do not want to read/hear.

We have 9 Patients so far with results, many more are entering trials all over the country. My MO told me he had the First Patient--back in March---RE: the up-dated Technology.

So so sad. I Pray you will be able to find Peace!

Nal

Sounds promising. Thanks so much for enlightening us Nal 🙂

In researching Car T I found an interesting article that lists the numerous proteins that T cells may use as targets. Many are still being explored. I found it very interesting that men who have used provenge express certain proteins on their cells that could possibly be a future target “PCTA-1 (Galectin 8) was described as the protein expressed on PCa cells back in 1996 [40], however later it received very little attention as a therapeutic target. Likely this was due to the fact that it was and still is unclear how this protein devoid of the signal sequence is trafficked outside the cell and ultimately reaches the cell surface [41-43] and whether its surface expression is truly restricted to cancer cells (reviewed in [44, 45]). It has recently been demonstrated that patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer who received Sipuleucel-T produced significantly higher titers of PCTA-1 specific antibodies compared to the control group of patients [46]. This and other observations [47] highlight PCTA-1 as an emerging therapeutic target in PCa.”

I found this article provides a good understanding of car T. I will re-post below to include the full article

cttjournal.com/en/archive/t...

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to Faith1111

This article--is over 2 years old--and maybe not up to speed to exactly what is available to target today--interesting--at the end--it appears this article/paper had Russian acknowledgment. But it sure went into the identification of many surface proteins.

Nal

Sorry about the date. I usually research the latest And don’t go back that far because technology is moving so quickly. The article just helped me understand Car T a bit better so I thought I would share.

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to Faith1111

Have a great day--I am going fishing!----->thanks!

Nal

You may also like...