A Possible Solution For Men Who Have ... - Advanced Prostate...

Advanced Prostate Cancer

14,227 members17,433 posts

A Possible Solution For Men Who Have Acquired Peripheral Neuropathy From ADT or Chemo Use.

Nalakrats profile image

About every other day over the years we have men with numerous side effects from their Pca treatments post about them and are looking for solutions or help. Today I am going to discuss a possible solution for Peripheral Neuropathy[PN]'

Please understand if you have had PN for a long time, and are under treatment with the popular Neuropathy drugs, then what I will discuss below will probably not be effective. As Nerve Fibers will probably have died in the affected areas.

Benfotiamine for those who like Chemistry is---> 5-Benzoylthiamine O-Mono-Phosphate. Very simply it is the oil/lipid-soluble derivative of vitamin B1 and is absorbed 4 times more than the typical water-soluble form you may get in your typical multi-vitamin. Benfotiamine has been shown to have a 100 times greater increase in Metabolic activity. Benfotiamine reduces advanced Glycation End Products by 40% which is used in measuring the amount of Endothelial Disfunction in individuals with Type 2 Diabetes. I have researched the studies that Benfotiamine improves Neuropathy Scores in significant amounts, and increases Nerve Conduction Velocity, and also reduces HbA1c as well as pain.

In Russia, it is the go-to substance for treating PN. So gentlemen it can be determined, that PN acquired from ADT, Chemo, Radiation, and even early Onset Diabetes 2 can be controlled, or even cured in {MINOR NEUROPATHY}. Do not expect if you have had numbness and evening neuropathy to the feet for years that you can expect much in the way of benefits. But you can try, for Benfotiamine is not expensive, as a BI Vitamin in a different form and is not harmful.

Therapeutic Benefits can be seen in 3 weeks, according to the studies. Personally, I came down with PN to the toes in the evening this past summer, and it took me 4 weeks to eliminate the Neuropathy. So I am N=1. Except I have a number of Super Seniors where I live, and I have helped them alleviate pain, and reduce the need for medication. This is not a 100% guarantee but will work well if your PN has been acquired recently---which I estimate to be 6 months or less. If the Nerve Fibers are dead the Benefotiamine will not help. So before I get any responses about what I used and how much, to use, all I can say is I am a fan of Life Extension--->they have a product called Mega Benfotiamine. And label instructions will say use up to 4 capsules a day. I am again not prescribing and I am not a Medical MD. I am just reporting. The picture is that of one of my 300 California Gigantic Zinnia's, which I grow every year from seed.

Nalakrats

93 Replies

You can get neuropathy from ADT?????

How often does that occur?

Thank you for your research. Much appreciated!

That’s a very pretty Flower. Since I have been dealing with neuropathy/fibromyalgia for the past 8/9 years….I assume this treatment will not work for me. I take gabapentin. It helps somewhat.gJohn

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to greatjohn

probably not

Nal

cesces profile image
cesces in reply to Nalakrats

What do you think about gabapentin?

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to cesces

Just an overused pain-killer to keep you off narcotics--long-term use, will cause balance issues. This is widely reported---and you have to take so many capsules a day, to get a titer.

Nal

Lulu700 profile image
Lulu700 in reply to Nalakrats

So many are on it! I read the side effects and tossed my script .

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to Lulu700

My wife is and she is stuck with it plus things from nature!!

Nal

j-o-h-n profile image
j-o-h-n in reply to Nalakrats

<----- Balance Issues (been using Gabapentin for years)

So Nal is correct............

Good Luck, Good Health and Good Humor.

j-o-h-n Friday 10/29/2021 8:29 PM DST

CAMPSOUPS profile image
CAMPSOUPS in reply to cesces

11 months on it and it never changed the sticking my feet into shoes filled with sand feeling (toes and bottom distal end of feet are numb--chemo) and I didn't need the foggy feeling and other side effects so I quit it.When I was doing chemo I kept thinking of those old detective shows where a spouse is poisoning the other spouse. I had some of the same symptoms. I loved what it did to my cancer but it was a interesting experience to say the least.

erjlg3 profile image
erjlg3 in reply to CAMPSOUPS

Wow!

j-o-h-n profile image
j-o-h-n in reply to greatjohn

GJ - You may want to ask your doctor to add 1 Duloxetine (Cymbalta) Hcl Dr Caps 30mg once a day (for leg/nerve pain) to your meds. Has helped me...

j-o-h-n Friday 10/29/2021 8:26 PM DST

greatjohn profile image
greatjohn in reply to j-o-h-n

Thanks 😊

j-o-h-n profile image
j-o-h-n in reply to greatjohn

Yvw....

j-o-h-n Friday 10/29/2021 11:05 PM DST

rscic profile image
rscic in reply to greatjohn

As I recall, gabapentin can be ototoxic (hearing loss) .... this is likely dose & time dependent but you might want to check my recollection on this.

Wow, awesome information.

I experienced this (PN) during Docetaxel which my infusions completed in June. Is has subsided but is still there in finger tips and somewhat in the feet. I did see and find information in regard to B vitamins having some effect but was worried to try because what I also found as negative impact possibilities from using B Vitamin while being +PCa. So interesting...

I was pre-diabetic prior to Chemo and it, and now the Orgovyx I believe has elevated my glucose levels despite the same diet. So worried too that the continued elevated glucose might prevent full mitigation of the PN. Again, the PN in the finger tips has reduced to basically feeling like I have calloused finger tips. I hasn't effected my ability to feel or do fine motor skills function. Same for feet, no balance or any other issues.

Thanks for posting!

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to Cooolone

Many of us use Metformine--which is off-label to control the situation, when in your exact position. A good source on its use-->you can message pjoshea13---who has posted on Metformin and has written often on it, for both sugar control while under treatment and its anti-cancer uses. He has over 1,000 posts so I cannot direct you to which ones to read. As to B1--usage--I find it incredulous that there are men of science without a lick of Diet and Nutrition Science, putting thumbs down on a simple B1. Do you know how many foods you would have to avoid===== to avoid B1?

Nalakrats

Cooolone profile image
Cooolone in reply to Nalakrats

Lol, yes, B Vitamin is abundant. I do eat red meat still too, once or twice per week ;)

In regard to glucose, I'm currently on Metformin (evening) as well. 1.5gr (3x 500gr) time release, once per day. Doctor wanted me at 2gr but my digestive track didn't agree. I also take Berberine along with Milk Thistle (morning). It did provide some control assistance but I think the Orgovyx is effecting it climb lately. But due to a kidney stone, I did adjust some diet in regard to confirmed Oxalate (calcium) stone. And as it would be, all that is good for glucose, is opposite for Oxalates...

Arrrrrgh! Only me, lol

I had the glucose under control even through RT & ADT 1+ years ago... Does insulin resistance build? Spot glucose runs 130’s low, and 220's high. 90 day average around 158. A1C in June was 6.1

Nalakrats profile image

Insulin resistance tends to increase in time. I take Metformin 1,000 after Breakfast and dinner--I do 2 meals a day, using the 8-16 hour process. Using Apple Cider Vinegar every day before eating is a help--see if you can get to 2,000 on the Metformin as your Doctor suggests--->and if you are taking any supplements with minerals you would have to use Chelate forms Like Magnesium Chelate, or Iron Chelate, etc.

Nalakrats

Cooolone profile image

I find the intermittent fasting very interesting and all the processes that go along with it. I did limited fasting similar to 8-16, that was actually more closer to 12-12 but was best I could do. 2 meals is tough for me, I've always have had a crazy metabolism and get hangry like the snikers commercial when I don't eat, lol.

The Apple Cider Vinegar is a new suggestion, thank you. Is there anything you mix it up with? Or just some straight up? I will do some reading on this as well, as I do with all the suggestions and wonderful information you share (and others as well).

Thank you again!

Nalakrats profile image

You dilute it with water, about 20 to one, and sip it. For an afternoon hunger attack, and you are not alone, I will use a Gatorade 21 Gram Protein Bar. I am not promoting Gatorade as there are others out there, but they use Whey Protein and not Soy Protein.

Nal

Cooolone profile image

Thank you!

j-o-h-n profile image
j-o-h-n in reply to Cooolone

You eat red meat? The red meat police will be knocking on your door around 3am tonight/this morning so be prepared......

j-o-h-n Friday 10/29/2021 8:53 PM DST

Cooolone profile image
Cooolone in reply to j-o-h-n

Lolz, let them come! I have some Aged NY Strip Steaks waiting for them :)

I do though, I had some Ice Cream just a little while ago too :D

Double Dipper call me!

j-o-h-n profile image
j-o-h-n in reply to Cooolone

Ice Cream??? I consider that my oxygen...... Chocolate chip (two scoops)....

j-o-h-n Friday 10/29/2021 10:36 PM DST

Cooolone profile image
Cooolone in reply to j-o-h-n

Hahaha!

Gotta feed the soul too!!! Can't do all this for nothing, the smiles make it all worth it :)

Best Regards

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to j-o-h-n

The Chocolate if real has Cocoa, which is full of Polyphenols.

Nal

j-o-h-n profile image
j-o-h-n in reply to Nalakrats

I spit out the chips............

j-o-h-n Saturday 10/30/2021 11:40 AM DST

That's Awesome Nal!!!! So happy it is helping you. I'm taking about 4 supplements for my neuropathy maybe 5. Now, I'm thinking do I want to try this instead of the price of mine. Mine are working very well. Thanks so much!

Jackie

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to erjlg3

My position on what you are doing--is to not change things that are working. What are you using--maybe you have a secret sauce.

Nal

erjlg3 profile image
erjlg3 in reply to Nalakrats

Thank you Nal.

I am taking these for my neuropathy.

B50 Stabilized

R-Lipoic Acid

Acetyl L-carnitine

And Colostrum.... which I read that colostrum is NO GOOD for men with prostate cancer.

🌻Jackie

Nalakrats profile image

The R-Lipoic, and the Carnitine, I expect is doing most of the work--the B1 in your B-50's is very minor due to its water solubility, and the body's ability to metabolize it out of the body quickly. If you are under control I would do nothing, but if looking for a Boost--I see no reason to not add Mega Benfotiamine. I use B-50's also--slow release and it did nothing for me.

Shalom,

Nal.

erjlg3 profile image

You're so kind Nal. I will keep it in my back pocket...... if my regimen stops working as good.

Shalom

🌻Jackie

Thanks for posting this information, it sounds like something I should definitely try, especially if it will allow me to cut down on nerve pain meds. Pregabalin.

Thanks for the info. Just ordered some!

Nal thank you for posting, can I ask do symptoms of PN include whitening and numbness of hands, curling of toes in cold weather and sometimes not even when it's cold? 🤔 Dad developed mild nuropathy during chemo and is currently on Xtandi & radium 223 / zometa, his episodes seem to be increasing so I would definetly ask him to try it.

SeosamhM profile image
SeosamhM in reply to Nickhmcg

This sounds like a very specific form of PN - "Raynaud's Disease" or "Raynaud's Phenomenon" (see: mayoclinic.org/diseases-con.... I've had a mild form of this even prior to PCa, and some minor, broad cancer studies suggest that Raynaud's could go hand in hand (no pun intended) with treatment. - Joe M.

treedown profile image
treedown in reply to SeosamhM

I have ADT and/or RT related Raynauds. I mostly see it after exercise.

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to treedown

Upon stopping ADT, as if you went on a drug vacation, the body will many times, return back to some form of Normalcy. I have many individual reports of this happening.

Nalakrats

treedown profile image
treedown in reply to Nalakrats

🤞

Lulu700 profile image

Thanks heard tell of vacations! 🤔

Lulu700 profile image
Lulu700 in reply to treedown

Hey treedown ! I have killer neuropathy in hands and feet and now from my shoulders down i go painfully numb at night. I shoveled three feet of snow off our hill Jan 25th . Since then my thumbs don’t work. A painful

Tendon spikes at night. Whoo hoo ! What blast .All new this year. For me I had history of overprescibed antibiotics. A family history of djd amplified by adt no t Rt oh yah! I can relate . I’m trying up dodge all drugs for this. Hot cold hot shower feels good so does a hot epsom bath. Take care buddy!’😩👣👣👣

treedown profile image
treedown in reply to Lulu700

I know you have had one hell of a year so far. A few years back before I was dx'd my hands were going numb at night. I slept with roller blade wrist guards for awhile and it helped. I think it had to do with all the power tools I was using building my wife a large duck coop and then fencing in the whole year. It eventually went away on its own. Hopefully this will as well. I hope next year is better for you.

Lulu700 profile image
Lulu700 in reply to treedown

You too friend ! ✌️🤞🏼

Nalakrats profile image

TAK-700 is the culprit--you are between the rock and the hard place.

Nal

Lulu700 profile image

Oh yah , crushed . 😫

erjlg3 profile image
erjlg3 in reply to SeosamhM

Yes, it does sound like Raynauds.

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to Nickhmcg

I do not think the issue you are describing is classical Peripheral Neuropathy. I can make a guess, not as a Doctor. The whitening of the hands with numbness is an indication of Ischemia [lack of blood flow]. The Curling of the toes is caused by a number of things-->such as Muscle cramping, fatigue, faulty biomechanics, dehydration, electrolyte imbalance, and poor circulation--and even Raynauds Disease. When looking at when there seem to be increased effects, cold weather you do mention.The combination of the drugs Zometa affects calcium levels, putting the body in an imbalanced situation related to Phosphorus, and Magnesium, and Radium 223 can and will reduce red Blood Cell Counts, which will affect circulation.

So from my seat--I see addressing Electrolyte Imbalance and finding a way to increase Blood Circulation and to stay very hydrated. Increased Blood Circulation can be treated Naturopathically with the use of L-Arginine--my guess is about 2,000 mgs every 6 hours, saving the last dose before bed. The use of Chelation Therapy-->which is not coved by insurance can be accomplished with the use of EDTA suppositories. One thing you can have evaluated is the Electrolyte situation--with Blood Tests--to see what is out of balance and address it, with a Doctors' Assistance. The treatments no doubt are to blame and having to treat the side effects of the treatments we all go thru-->is a part of the process, as every darn drug we take for our cancer, causes some other Malady, or Maladies.

Nalakrats

Lulu700 profile image

I’ve got the same as treedown . It might be not classical but it sure the hell is a painful nerve problem . When the numbness turns into burning skin that always fun. This is jumping in on me since I’ve ditched the gym since covid .

erjlg3 profile image
erjlg3 in reply to Lulu700

😥

erjlg3 profile image
erjlg3 in reply to Nickhmcg

I take potassium for toe curling Nickhmcg. It works within 45 minutes for me.

Lulu700 profile image
Lulu700 in reply to erjlg3

Toe curling sounds bad . I’m sorry such a sweetheart as you has this . Go potassium !❤️

erjlg3 profile image

Thank you LuLu🌻

Lulu700 profile image

❤️

Nalakrats profile image

You are addressing a typical Electrolyte Imbalance, using K, also Magnesium with might your K--->could be even a more therapeutic response.

Nal

erjlg3 profile image

Thanks a bunch Nal🌻

I am taking this with ALA and feel better.

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to vivamais7

Good combination!

Nal

Nalakrats

1. Does ADT cause neuropathy?

2. With all the talk of methylization from B6 and B12, is that a trade-off issue with either B1 or Benfotiamine.

Is that a reason to moderate your use of Benfotiamine if you are only using it as a prophalactic?

3. It sounds like B1 or Benfotiamine works best as a prophalactic before getting neuropathy. Yes?

4. Is Benfotiamine just a better version of B1 or is it fundamentally and qualitatively different in it's effect on neuropathy?

5. Do you have any opinions on how important it is to get "Life Extension Mega Benfotiamine" over normal Benfotiamine.

Sorry for all the questions. And if you can just answer some of them that's good too.

I am mostly concerned that it may have trade-offs. But even there, maybe it's still worth taking at low levels as a prophalactic?

So what are your thoughts please.

cesces profile image
cesces in reply to cesces

Nalakrats

What is your opinion on these:

B50 Stabilized R-Lipoic Acid

Acetyl L-carnitine

And Colostrum

Nalakrats profile image

R-Lipoic and Carnitine are doing all the work--I would add the Senolytic Quercetin, and 4-6 thousand mgs of L-Arginine to widen the veins to allow more blood flow, which brings more nutrients. Chelation Therapy has been known to work if you have narrowed Veins/Arteries due to Plaque build-up---you want blood flow increased, and more oxygen, from the Hemoglobin to get to affected sites. Benfotiamine is healing for the nerves.

Nal

Nalakrats profile image

I always worry when you respond to one of my Posts--you make things so complicated. I answered the question of B1 versus Benfotiamine. Benfotiamine is measured by the Glycation, and that the Metabolic effect is 100 times more, as I indicated in my post.My post is self-explanatory. You can do your own studies.

Nal

Beautiful flower! Wondering if the Benfotiamine could be wise when undergoing docetaxel chemotherapy as prophylaxis? Especially in later cycles where PN commonly gets started?

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to MateoBeach

Most of what is determined in studies are relegated to Diabetes 2, and Old-Age Neuropathy where there is a decrease in blood supply, which decreases Nutrients important to nerves like B1. Decreased blood flow also decreases oxygen, which is important. So the Benafotiamine is nerve protective/healing---but has no value if your nerve fibers would have died. As to when taking Chemo, and using it as a prophylactic--I see no issues--if you ask your MO--he would not even know about the Oil Soluble Version of B1---Bi is Bi--you would also have to stop eating meats, and anything else containing B1--this is just my opinion. Why we take Liposomal C, is because its activity is 100 times more in this Oil Encapsulated version than taking any Vitamin C off the shelf. I am sorry, all those that perform Chemo, do not want you to take anything--that is the way they are taught. Sorry, they are so ignorant talking about things that have no studies on. That is my opinion---you are on your own, about its use--I am not God---I just report on Medical Research, and if it applies in one's case and works--great! And you will never catch me ever doing Chemo--but that is just me.

Nal

MateoBeach profile image
MateoBeach in reply to Nalakrats

Yes. And if microvascular circulation is a significant factor then what about adding pentoxiphyllin (Trental) to aid oxygen delivery. It is helpful for radiation induced nerve injury, such as for lumbo-sacral or brachial plexopathy, where it prevents progression to fibrosis. It is combined with Vitamin E 400 IU per day and has shown efficacy in that setting. Interesting in that it does not work without the Vitamin E also present. Via an anti-fibrotic effect: Inhibits TGF-b1 cascade.

Randomized, placebo-controlled trial of combined pentoxifylline and tocopherol for regression superficial radiation-induced fibrosis

Purpose: Radiation-induced fibrosis (RIF) is a rare morbid complication of radiotherapy, without an established method of management. combination of pentoxifylline (PTX) and alpha-tocopherol (vitamin E; Vit E) was recently prompted by the good results of a clinical trial The present double-blind, placebo-controlled, monocentric study was designed to assess the efficacy of this combination in treating RIF and Methods: Twenty-four eligible women with 29 RIF areas involving the skin and underlying tissues were enrolled from December 1998 patients, previously irradiated for breast cancer, were randomly assigned to four balanced treatment groups: (A) 800 mg/d of PTX and PTX plus placebo; (C) placebo plus Vit E; and (D) placebo-placebo. The main end point measure was the relative regression of measurable months of treatment. Assessment was completed by depth (with ultrasonography) and associated symptom measures. Results: Twenty-RIF areas were analyzed at 6 months. Mean RIF surface regression was significant with combined PTX/Vit E versus double placebo (60% P = .038). The median slope for the speed of RIF surface area and volume regression was significantly higher for group A than groups B, treatments were well tolerated. Conclusion: Six months' treatment of combined PTX/Vit E can significantly reduce superficial RIF. Synergism Vit E is likely, as treatment with each drug alone is ineffective, but these results require confirmation in larger series. © 2003 by American Oncology.

Journal of Clinical Oncology

Volume 21, Issue 13, 1 July 2003,

Could not find any trials of it for Chemo induced PN. Here is a good review of the topic. Noting that Lithium seems to be an effective prophylactic for CIPN!BTW I also am intrigued about the combination of ALA with l-Carnitine for protecting ROS 'leakage" from mitochondria which degrades everything/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl...

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to MateoBeach

Adding oxygen to our systems is important to Neuropathy treatment--IMO. That is why I use L-Arginine, do Chelation Therapy every year for 90 days, all to increase the width of the veins and arteries to allow for better blood flow. I also use a supplement called Liquid Oxygen, and Boost--> a Canister of 98% pure Oxygen---used by pilots at high altitudes--and I take a few whiffs a day. I use my own Pulse-Oximeter to keep track of my oxygen levels. So if any of your mentions does so--I am for it.

Nal

Thank you!!!

My first oncologist would not look into my toes being numb. He simply said it wasn't his area. I've been on ADT for 8 years now, it may not help as the numbness has been around for 3-5 years.

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to alephnull

I do not think so either--nerve fibers are most likely dead. I cannot emphasize enough for all of us to have an Integrative GP, who is an Internist and a Naturopath all rolled up into one. He/She would have not let you get to the point of no return, as there are other complimentary things that could have been done at the same time.

Nal

alephnull profile image
alephnull in reply to Nalakrats

Where I somewhat agree, because this for me was due to long term ADT usage, IMHO it should have been the responsibility of my Onco. Side effects due to the treatment he put me on. I have pretty much lost faith in most doctors, especially any that are within 100 miles of Topeka, KS. Why do doctors practice in Topeka, because they were in the bottom quarter of their class. joking, not joking

Lulu700 profile image
Lulu700 in reply to alephnull

😂 long term

Adt and no t both have degrading effects on everything. You’ve got 8 yrs I’ve had six of the same. Holey shit how did I get here after a bad dx.? I feel like I’ve been on a slow simmer in a croc pot . Feminized , tenderized . I remember driving across Kansas at 55 mphs back in the day. It took forever in a straight line. No turns and watch out for the troopers . Salud!’😎

Lulu700 profile image
Lulu700 in reply to alephnull

They don’t care , in general. I quit complaining to my MO s years ago . In one ear out the other. I’m the undetectable guy . That’s all that matters with them . The suffering and side effects are our presents for still being here . 🥳👍

erjlg3 profile image

I just want to hug the hurts away LuLu.

Lulu700 profile image

Hugs work . My greatest loss is physical affection ..just doesn’t happen anymore .

erjlg3 profile image
erjlg3 in reply to alephnull

I think it's worth a try alephnull. It took about 2 months for my natural supplements to work.

Nalakrats profile image

As I said in my post, depending on daily usage--expect to see results to start at least 30 days.

1000 mg per day??

I am lost--I am answering so many people--when I post it takes me days to respond to everyone--which supplement was I talking about?

Nal

Mega benfotiamine. 4 - 250 mg per day.

The LE label says from I-4 Capsules a day. I used 4 a day divided thru the day.

Nalakrats

Have you ever tried Frankincense Myrrh rubbing oil for neuropathy?

No, But I use 5-Loxin, as an oral, as one of my unique supplements. This is in essence the active ingredient in Frankincense--->since it is documented that Yeshua[Jesus ] used it for healing--it is good enough for me in any form!

Nalakrats

Thank you so much for the information. My neurologist has me taking Alpha-Lipoic Acid for the last couple months but I haven't seen any improvement. I just ordered the Life Extension Mega Benfotiamine and will start taking that also. The neuropathy in my feet started a 18 months ago so not sure if it will help my it but it started in my hands 4 -5 months ago so maybe some help there. I thought my neuropathy was from Xtandi since it first started (very mildly) about 8 weeks after starting Eligard and Xtandi. My urologist had me stop the Xtandi in February because the neuropathy was getting really bad (stabbing pain in addition to the numbness) in my feet and started in my thumbs. The stabbing pain stopped when I stopped Xtandi but starting in June both my hands have been going numb. I have not heard that Eligard could be the cause so I don't know what to think. I've just started Erleda because I need a + to my ADT. Anyway thanks for the info. You are a great resource here.

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to Atlpapa

You need Blood Flow and Oxygen, as the Benfotiamine does some healing to the nerves. If the nerve fibers are still viable. R-Lipoic Acid is better than Alpha. Alpha Lipoic acid comes in what we call a racemic mixture of S and R---the S form has no activity so if you take 100 mgs, only 50 mgs is active metabolically. R-Lipoic Acid is 100% active. Sorry about the Chemistry.You may get better results by opening up the veins to get more blood flow to the affected areas. Daily use of L-Arginine, such as about 2,000 mgs every 6 hours, making sure you take a dose before bed--as side effects are worse at night. We call L-Arginine--poor mans Viagra, as it opens up the veins in our private parts, causing an erection---it just is not as strong as Viagra, but works about the same way. Another possibility that I use for general arterial and vein health, is EDTA Chelation because at our ages we all have plaque that builds up in veins and arteries, constricting blood flow. By constricting blood flow we are reducing the amount of oxygen that can get to important parts of the body bringing oxygen from the hemoglobin.

Nerves need Nutrition and Oxygen. You can study about EDTA Chelation--yes I use it--I do a 90-day session every year--I use suppositories as insurance will not pay for IVs. Soon I will be able to get liter bags filled with saline and can make up my own solution, as all the ingredients to do IV's can be bought. And my Ex-Nurse wife can find a big vein in my arm.

Nalakrats

Atlpapa profile image
Atlpapa in reply to Nalakrats

Thanks for that info/lesson. I take 600mg Alpha. I get a little nervous adding different supplements because you never know the side affects, so I appreciate the info. I'll look into the L-Arginine also; any known health risks by taking it?

Nalakrats profile image
Nalakrats in reply to Atlpapa

No but if you take too much at one time like 4,000 mgs, expect to get an erection!

Nal

Did you grow the flower? Beautiful!

GoBucks profile image
GoBucks in reply to Lulu700

Yes he grows 300 per year from seed. We need a separate post, if not forum for flowers.

Nalakrats profile image

Plus 290 others--every color you can imagine.

Nal

MyDad76 profile image
MyDad76 in reply to Nalakrats

Zinnias are great! For bedding I use Profusion and Zahara series and for cut Benary’s Giant.

Lulu700 profile image

I like it! 🙏

Cooolone profile image

That's pretty cool and awesome actually!

As usual - Great stuff - Thank you!

j-o-h-n Friday 10/29/2021 8:22 PM DST

You may also like...