Orgovyx after surgery?: Husband on... - Advanced Prostate...

Advanced Prostate Cancer

17,240 members21,166 posts

Orgovyx after surgery?

Hawaii2021 profile image
10 Replies

Husband on orgovyx for 3 months. Finished 28 proton treatments 3 weeks ago. Had lung surgery to remove unrelated cancerous spot. Dr. wants him off orgovyx 2 more weeks. Thoughts? Husband doesn’t want testosterone to rise.

10 Replies
Horse12888 profile image
Horse12888

This is a first. Doctor wants patient off ADT, patient wants to stay on.

ADT drugs are highly toxic; they harm the body in many different ways, some perceptible, others not.

This is like wanting to do additional and unneeded rounds of chemo.

Tall_Allen profile image
Tall_Allen

Does he have advanced prostatee cancer (T4, N1, or M1)?

Hawaii2021 profile image
Hawaii2021 in reply to Tall_Allen

Can’t find the Dr. notes rights now, but stage 3B. Found this: cT2c by exam but cT3b radiographically. Need more info?

Tall_Allen profile image
Tall_Allen in reply to Hawaii2021

So he never had advanced prostate cancer. For his high risk prostate cancer, he should have 18 months of Orgovyx. I hope he had his pelvic lymph nodes treated along with his prostate.

Hawaii2021 profile image

Thanks! Yes, 18 months of orgovyx is the plan. My husband just didn’t like the idea of being off it for 2 weeks in the middle of his treatment. He’s also become almost total plant-based and researching supplements (not miracle ones😉) Hard to find researched nutrition info specifically for prostate cancer.

Tall_Allen profile image

I agree- bad idea to stop in the middle - it can select for resistant strains. What is rationale for stopping?

I think the diet and supplements may give you a psychological boost, but there is no reliable data that any of it is beneficial.

Hawaii2021 profile image

No specific reason for stopping orgovyx from surgeon. Husband talking to MO and will resume in 3 days. Thanks for your help! Value your opinion.

Tall_Allen profile image

I don't understand why he is listening to a surgeon. He should resume Orgovyx immediately.

Hawaii2021 profile image

The surgeon communicated with the MO and MO agreed but husband is communicating with MO directly and will resume orgovyx this week. He will have been off 1 week. Was just curious if anyone else was recommended to stop drug because of surgery. Appreciate your input.

Tall_Allen profile image

This is the lung surgeon?? I've known several guys on ADT who've had surgery. They healed just fine.

You may also like...