NALAKRATS TO OFFICIALLY RETURN TO POS... - Advanced Prostate...

Advanced Prostate Cancer

11,474 members13,877 posts

NALAKRATS TO OFFICIALLY RETURN TO POSTING

Nalakrats
Nalakrats

For those that read my stuff, I was suppose to be on a 90 day sabbatical. Unfortunately our villa in the retirement community we live in, became invaded with one of the 180 species of Aspergillus Mold. Basically invisible! My wife who is very allergic to mold, had her Bronchial passages, and Sinus Cavities invaded, by an invasive mold, in the Aspergillus Family. After 3 surgeries, and going thru 6 Doctors, with multiple visits including 3 Cat Scans, I have her finally through Naturopathic Means have her on the way to recovery. We had to give up on the Docs. as there are no drugs, that are available to rid the body, of the damage. Anti-Inflammatories, and using Steam, and a Flutter Valve, is clearing the Heavy Mucus. The story is too long, and I am living in a temporary apartment, as the Villa will have to be reconstructed partly, and remediated of Mold, using companies like ServePro. All costs are being borne by the retirement complex. Which will include new furniture, that will replace original furniture, that has to go.

This has been an utter nightmare! So not to bore you all, I have been away from HU, about 130 days. I started replying to posts a couple of weeks ago, which I called my spring training to return to HU. Much of my research printed papers, and things I was working on are at my Villa, so I may not be able to be as thorough, when posting.

As for me and my APC, I am doing well, nothing has changed in the last 4 months. I am still in remission, with an undetectable PSA, T at 550, and E2 at 20. I have maintained my unusual program, of off label drugs and supplementations. I will probably discuss some new ones, in posts.

As for fun my Wife took a new picture today of me outside the temporary apartment, to show I have not changed much at 77 1/2 from previous photos. I do this to encourage all those struggling with ADT, and having low levels of energy, fatigue, and depression, which I read about often on this HU Site. It takes work guys! I will continue to Advocate for those that I can help---as I am not ready to retire just yet!

Nalakrats

65 Replies
oldestnewest

Welcome Back....Guru Nalakrats !

Dig those socks....High Def shows the string on those fake weights!!!...welcome back

Nalakrats
Nalakrats in reply to SPEEDYX

Strings---yeah---try 25 pounders in each hand!

SPEEDYX
SPEEDYX in reply to Nalakrats

Quite Impressive!!!!...only 1/4 pounders in my hand are from McDonald's

Nalakrats
Nalakrats in reply to SPEEDYX

I eat the Double Burgers--I throw away the buns, and just eat the meat/w onions.Staying to my modified Adkins Diet--as I was doing Adkins before he wrote is book.

Nalakrats

SPEEDYX
SPEEDYX in reply to Nalakrats

Sei l'uomo...your the man!!!

Kaliber
Kaliber in reply to Nalakrats

You better put those down before you hurt yourself ... just say’in. 😂😂😂😂

I photoshopped my head on your body and showed it to my wife. She’s in the other room looking for Kleenex , her eyes watering from laughing so hard. Still laughing too ... wasn’t THAT funny.

Hope you’ve put the kibosh on that nasty mold problem ... that stuff can kill. Sounds like you are on top of things, hope your wife is 100% quickly. Yikes ....

Welcome back , ( cue music : 🎼welcome back Kotter )

Nalakrats
Nalakrats in reply to Kaliber

There is talk of a remake of Welcome Back Kotter--Gabe Kaplan would play the Principle of the school.

Just Saying

Kaliber

Uh ... er .... all those late nights gambling sessions have taken their toll on him .... maybe a director, probably not a “ on camera “ role. He’d probably look a little better if someone bought him a razor and put his smelly clothes in the washer. That and if he lost that rumpled Brooklyn cowboy look yayahahahaya. You can see him at the tables (still at 75 yeas old ) and gallery people said he still has a “ stand up “ act. Supposedly worth over $50 million these days. Nice guy tho and still funny. He was a handsome guy in his prime with that fro and all those good looks.

Glad you're back Dr. Nalakrats! Look forward to your posts. Hope your wife continues to improve🏋️🐟

Nalakrats
Nalakrats in reply to Fanger1

Trying hard, to get her well--she is tied of being sick, hopefully we will get to Florida this deep winter, and the Salt Air and Sun will also help.Thanks for your concerns!

Nal.

Welcome back and wishes of good health to you both. I’m sure I’m only one of many very glad to hear of your continued success in managing APC and your exceptional level of fitness- surely an inspiration to all.

Nalakrats
Nalakrats in reply to cam123

The use of the picture is not for ego--just inspiration, for all of us traveling inside this Journey!Nalakrats

Kaliber

Uh ....huh .... I’ll bet bodysculpture could whip you into shape pronto. 😂😂😂

Nalakrats

We compared weight numbers across certain exercise weight lifting sets, and he is 10-20 % behind me----wrong again!

Nal

Kaliber

Again ??? ...... wow I was trying to make a funny comment since obviously you don’t need any physical conditioning help. Florida was pretty kewl in my era there. Where I got married the first time , lived in Melbourne, Ft. Liquordale, plantation, north Hollywood, Orlando, Dana Beach , etc. in those parts. I like south Texas - Rio Grande valley , and south padre island for winters back east too. Of course out here in LaLa Land we don’t do winters but here where I live in the central valley we “ sure do “ summers. It can be over 100f for more than 60 days in a row or more. Here it’s the opposite of back east ... here winters are great, it’s the summers we have to go to the coast or high Sierras to escape from. Trippy ....

Nalakrats

We need to leave my body alone--I do the picture routine 2 times a year to encourage the men that are fatigued, in a Lupron Daze, and having Menopause symptoms. This usually gets some men to ask for suggestions, in how to get started. So this is serious stuff. And I cannot joke about it---sorry--I should have put a ? after again, instead of a !--I need to move onShalom,

Nalakrats

Welcome back. I was thinking you were gone longer than usual. Sounds like a terrible ordeal your wife went through. You too! Glad there is light at the end of the tunnel! I look a lot like you only a few lbs lighter and 9 years younger. Better looking too. 😁 You are giving me a nine year goal. Thanks!

Nalakrats
Nalakrats in reply to keepinon

I am trying for 80 and to be the same---thank God for Gyms!Nalakrats

Nice to see you...I'm still here (only without balls since we last spoke....literally). What a great decision.you're looking good.

gJohn

Nalakrats
Nalakrats in reply to greatjohn

Thanks--must be wild to take a bath without balls.Nal.

So very glad to have you back! Our friends had the same thing happen last year and it was indeed a nightmare. They are Naturopathic physicians here in CA so they knew what to do. Such a crazy time and during a pandemic no less. So glad you are holding your own while your wife heals. It is really dangerous and glad you guys are on the mend. 🙏🏻

Actually the only cure for the wife is the use of Natural Strong Anti-Inflammatories, and to stop the Neutrophils from coming to the Bronchial Branches, when there is just inflammation left, as the mold is gone. This part[70%] of the white blood cells, are kind of causing an auto-immune situation thinking there is an infection, when there is not. Will be adding Hydroxychloroquine as was used in Covid--to further reduce inflammation. When the inflammation is gone, the Neutrophils will stop coming bringing their Elastin --which is causing/making the Phlegm. Found a research paper on Aspergillious and Treatment being successful using HCQ.Nalakrats

Greetings

Mold is hard to manage. Couple suggestions.. As part of the remodel, have your contractor install a whole house dehumidifier to the heating/cooling system. Keep the relative humidity level low, 40% or less. Mold loves to grow fast at any level above 60%. And during cooling season, set the furnace fan to run twice every day for about 15 min to keep all the ductwork dry inside. (The ducts generally stay dry when running heat)

A UV light in-duct system (like Honeywell) can help knock out mold too.

Now you can tell me how to keep in top shape.

Hope you get some Fl sunshine

Already Done---first thing that was done. To your question---over 50 years in the gym---mostly--missed during Nam---diet and supplements!Nalakrats

Welcome back! Looking forward to your posts, and thanks for putting in that effort.

We are so fortunate you are on this forum. Wish we could help with your wife, though it certainly looks like "fightinghard" is helpful. Best wishes

Welcome back. Good to know your APC is under control and with normal T. Sorry for the nightmare with the molds. Best of luck!!.

Great to have you back Dr.I hope your wife recovers.

You're looking great man!

Sorry about your ordeal. Welcome back

Hi Nalakrats!!

I am so sorry for all that you and the Mrs. have had to go through during these last 4 months. Hopin, wishin, prayin that the Mrs. gets all better soon. You look great Nal!!! Keep on keepin on you beast! :)

Most sincere,

🌻Jackie

Nalakrats
Nalakrats in reply to erjlg3

Baruch Hashem

Glad you’re back... and I’m so sorry for all the problems you and your wife have had to endure.

Nalakrats
Nalakrats in reply to HalC

Thanks!

Welcome back... looking forward to more insights, especially the off-label stuff that might play well with current mainstream treatments. You're lucky you were able to identify the Aspergillus...

Great to have you back Nal. What do you think the source of the mold was? Leaky pipes or leaky roof?

Schwah

Nalakrats
Nalakrats in reply to Schwah

Water infiltration, from outside pipes, that underground ran near the edge of the original conc. pad--over a few years water got in and raised the humidity. Water also got under the hardwood floors in the affected underground area, and the air system/fans moved the mold thru the house, especially when we were gone last winter in Florida, and the house was closed up. This just speeded up the process of airborne spread. We were sleeping on infected mattresses when we got back in March from the beach. This is what the experts say.Nal

WHAT!! --- no SPEEDO ???? ;0)

Good to have you back

It was only 65 degrees in the mountains---if you really want one in a speedo--I can do that when I get to the beach.Nal

Welcome Back!!

Welcome back brother! Glad your wife has it under control...way to work those weights...

Lookin buff!!!

You are looking great ..Welcome back. God bless

Glad to have you back Nal, hope your wife continues to improve.Looking trim and toned for a guy of your age (no disrespect) , will definitely spur other chaps on !

Kim x

Nalakrats
Nalakrats in reply to 16starsky

Spurring on is the idea!Nal.

Glad you are back. Missed your insight and positive messages. My wife and I are including you and your wife in our prays.

Nalakrats
Nalakrats in reply to Maleko808

Baruch HashemNal.

Abi gezunt.

Nalakrats
Nalakrats in reply to GoBucks

Yes, as long as I am Healthy I can be Happy! Thanks for the Yiddish.

Nal.

Welcome back. I am glad APC going well at least. Hope your wife gets better soon.

So sorry about the mold and I hope your wife is doing well! So nice to see you back on HU! I can't begin to tell you how much you've helped me and my husband on this journey. Warmest regards to you!

Nalakrats
Nalakrats in reply to SuppWife

Baruch Hashem

Shalom,

Nal.

Welcome back. You have been missed. A great update from you despite the terrible mold issues.

Nalakrats
Nalakrats in reply to tallguy2

Thank you--a little tired of diseases of the body. Sorry our proposed lunch got interrupted by Covid. Probably after we get a vaccine shot, we might reschedule. Patrick, will also be available, I assume.Nal.

Welcome back!! You have been missed. So sorry to hear about your poor wife and what she has gone through. I’m sure she is in good hands with your support. Glad to hear you are doing well. You look great and truly are an inspiration!!

Welcome back - I hope your wife feels better quickly!!!

Welcome back to Disneyworld.... Hopefully there wasn't any mold in your sleep over tents...since you do know the mold could be intense..... You both, Get Well, Be Well and Stay Well.... BTW send me that cardboard cutout of you....I can use it when I'm begging for money on New York streets. The solicitation saying on the carboard cutout will say "let's do lunch, you buy"....You'll get 15 %.....

Good Luck, Good Health and Good Humor.

j-o-h-n Monday 11/23/2020 10:57 PM EST

Nalakrats
Nalakrats in reply to j-o-h-n

You would have to pay me double for the burger I had yesterday[Like Blimpy]--and pay my Plane, and I also require, Paid Limo Services and a Body Guard--to come to NYC, to have lunch. My State is Open Carry---and my city of birth, appears to be a hell hole. And you will have to buy Lunch, with or without a 15% discount.On the sunny side---Wife gets better each day---took her completely in the ways of Naturopathy--to get the results of daily improvement. 6 Doctors across 4 disciplines failed mostly. She appears to now be positive, about getting to Florida. About 3 weeks to get out, of this semi-lock-down State[NC]. TG Florida is wide open.

Anyway, Shalom!

Nal.

NY is an open carry state also.... we openly carry out our citizens one by one...The NY state Sullivan act gun control law is only meant for those who's name is Sullivan....We have the Saturday night specials here just for Saturday nights....

Well I'm glad the better half is getting even more betterer...and that she's playing right into that old joke about what's a Jap's favorite wine? "I wanna go to Florida"..... Take it easy and again I'm glad to see you back here where you belong....

Anyway, Peace!

j-o-h-n Tuesday 11/24/2020 2:18 PM EST

Nalakrats

You would love it in my town, in NC. You can strap on your gun/pea shooter, and walk down main street--like in Tucson Ariz. Thinking of getting a holster for a sawed off shotgun--what do you think? Did you hear about the Jap who screamed twice? I would have to tell you this one privately.

j-o-h-n
j-o-h-n in reply to Nalakrats

How about two holsters? A couple of years ago I had to go back to the Bronx to your old hood (161 st and the concourse) to visit the courthouse. When riding the subway in my business suit and tie I kept putting my right hand inside the left side vest of my jacket. I kept pretending I was adjusting my shoulder holster in the event they wanted to attack "this gringo" and then I'd have to change my name to Bernie Goetz..... OH and I loved the Bronx....

j-o-h-n Tuesday 11/24/2020 6:20 PM EST

Nalakrats

The Concourse in 1948/9, I have good memories of--the women on Sunday, dressed to the nines in their 30's/40's hats--we will never see that again.Nal

Glad to see you are back. Keep Posting

So sorry your wife suffered & glad you're successfully getting her well the homeopathic / natural way. As to your photograph, you look absolutely amazing! Congrats!

Nalakrats
Nalakrats in reply to Lyubov

Thank you very much!

Nal.

You may also like...