Up-Date--It may be the Drug Chloroquine - Advanced Prostate...

Advanced Prostate Cancer
10,036 members11,708 posts

Up-Date--It may be the Drug Chloroquine

Nalakrats
Nalakrats

This may be the drug that will be announced from the White House tomorrow, and not Clioquinol. I am already getting heads ups. So as I said I may have heard it wrong, but for sure it is a Malaria drug, that seems to be halting the Virus, once in the body.

Nalakrats

138 Replies
oldestnewest

🙏🙏🙏✝️

Coupled with zinc.

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to Damusolf

I believe the atom Zinc is part of the Malaria drug molecular structure.

Nalakrats

Shanti1
Shanti1
in reply to Damusolf

Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine do not contain zinc, but they are zinc ionophores, meaning that they can help transport zinc into cells. They have several proposed antiviral mechanisms, but one is increasing intracellular zinc which interferes with viral replication. So yes, they may be more effective taken with zinc.

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to Shanti1

Yes--I already posted that I checked the molecular structure and there is no Zinc atom in the structure. WE are still agreeing, Ionic Zinc +Chloroquine is appropriate--but appears the use of a Retroviral AIDS drug---more than one with Chloroquine is best so far as I heard---there is just too much talk, and rumor.

Nalakrats

That is great news

Thanks Nal - We appreciate your knowledge.

Well lets hope I heard right. I also spoke strongly about using one of the AIDS drugs in a post on BIRM---there may be a combo that will be discussed tomorrow--Malaria +AIDS Retrovirus Drug.

Nal

Now we just need one for PCA. I am still just .8 on eligard + Cassodex.

Thanks to your help.

Happy to help---this is a ministry for me!

Nal

Thanks

God bless you and keep you safe, Nal! We have a UK pharmacy that is dispensing it already, so there's clearly some cause for confidence.

Currumpaw
Currumpaw
in reply to Nalakrats

Hey Nalakrats!

Another AIDS drug used to prevent cancers.

From memory:

Naltrexone low dose. A doc in NYC noticed that his HIV patients on Naltrexone were surprisingly not getting the incidence of cancers as the general population of men in the age group where cancers happen. Of label use started. Naltrexone low dose's effectiveness is now somewhat disputed.

Currumpaw

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to Currumpaw

New stuff every 5 minutes.

Nal

There have been many reports in the past f. ew years about anti cancer effect of Chloroquin.

Though one bad side effect is retinopathy....damage to vision ..but it is rare.

In India, they are using Chloroquin along with HIV meds (cocktail) and an Italian couple tourists (age 71 and 69) got cured of coronavirus and are leaving for Italy soon.

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to LearnAll

I wrote in my post on BIRM in the last week the possible use of one of the Retrovirus AIDS drugs. So I can see the combination--the side effects are not any issue in this type of pandemic.

Nal

LearnAll
LearnAll
in reply to Nalakrats

Well..I saw the interview of the Main doctor, a professor in reputed medical school.. who is treating that Italian tourist couple in India. He said that in 2006, they have treated Swine flu cases with a cocktail of Chloroquin and Anti retrovirals such as Acyclover etc. and results were good. And therefore, they are applying the same cocktail to cases of Coronavirus.

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to LearnAll

We have 30 AIDS drugs today, combination with Chloroquine, and one of or 2 of the 30 gives endless possibilities.

Nal

LearnAll
LearnAll
in reply to Nalakrats

For Coronavirus..it is a cocktail of Anti Malaria plus Anti HIV drugs.

For Prostate cancer ,it is Clioquinol PLus Ionic Zinc. I just finished reading full study by Leslie c Castello dated 2019 and have already ordered both Clioquinol and Ionic Zinc and hopefully will start them soon.

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to LearnAll

Already in my library of potentials.

Thanks,

Nal

LearnAll
LearnAll
in reply to Nalakrats

The mechanism of apoptosis looks pretty scientific. Zinc enters cancer cells along with Clioquinol and alters permiability of Lysosomal memberane causing disitegration of lysosomes..and results in cancer cell death.

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to LearnAll

Love it. Nanotized Ionic zinc--as I said it is easier to get the smallest particle down to the atomic size into the cancer cell. Did a post over a year ago on Nanotized Olaparib for BRCA-2

Nalakrats

I'm on COC protocol and in my research, read about zinc ionophores. Looked into using chloroquine but the potential vision side effect scared me off. Do you have link to the study involving chloroquine and pc? Thanks for your input on this thread.

BTW, just finished up with an initial PSMA GA scan today at UCLA. Enjoyed two sunny days in an uncrowded LA! Gotta say.....traveling is getting tough boys!

The eye side effects are rare, Billions of people have been taking Hydroxychloroquine in India and neighboring countries as Malaria is endemic there and still do in monsoon season every year.

hansjd
hansjd
in reply to LearnAll

Can I ask how and where you ordered the clioquinol and ionic zinc ? Did you need a prescription for either? Thanks.

LearnAll
LearnAll
in reply to hansjd

Ionic zinc is available on Amazon but backordered. Clioquinol is not available in US.

hansjd
hansjd
in reply to LearnAll

Sorry can you be more specific about the ionic zinc? Brand name? You said you also ordered clioquinol. If not from US then where? And in what form? A cream? I’ve been trying to source clioquinol for my husband without a lot of success. Thanks for any more info you can give us. Cheers

LearnAll
LearnAll
in reply to hansjd

Good State-Ionic liquid Zinc..ultraconcentrate. Amazon

I am hoping my cousin can bring 2 tubes of Clioquinol from India when he comes back. It is a cream comes in brand name BETNOVATE-C made by Glaxo .(30 gram)

In India ,its very popular for last 50 years as a topical treatment of Eczema. Very inexpensive.

In the mean time, I will use Quercetin and Ionic Zinc liquid because Quercetin is also a zinc ionophore albeit weaker than Clioquinol.

hansjd
hansjd
in reply to LearnAll

Thanks very much for detailed info. I really appreciate it. I had attempted to order the same cream from India but I ran into a problem paying for it. I’m going to try again as I think it’s worth it.

My husband has been taking zinc citrate capsules. Do you think there’s a big difference between that form of zinc and the ionic zinc liquid?

I also wanted to let you know that we find your frequent posts really helpful and informative. Thanks a lot for your efforts. All the best.

LearnAll
LearnAll
in reply to hansjd

Thank you. Hansjd. I would like to go exactly according to Dr Castello's research paper where he used IONIC ZINC rather than other form of Zinc. Ionic form is more likely to enter the cancer cells. Its a little more expensive.

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to hansjd

I only ordered Ionic Nanotized Zinc --found it on e-bay--they could not ship, even though they took my order--as it sold out.

Nalakrats

andrew61
andrew61
in reply to LearnAll

I was the patient in the 2019 Clioquinol study.

See my profile for all of the treatments I undertook - unfortunately many simultaneously.

LearnAll
LearnAll
in reply to andrew61

Thats great that you used clioquinol in year 2019. Because you were on so many meds its hard to say which one was doing what. But your overall results are wonderful. Were you in study done by Dr Leslie Castello of University of Maryland ?

andrew61
andrew61
in reply to LearnAll

Yes, it was only one patient.

LearnAll
LearnAll
in reply to andrew61

Are you the case he mentions in his research paper? What a small world!

andrew61
andrew61
in reply to LearnAll

Yes.

LearnAll
LearnAll
in reply to andrew61

What is your personal opinion on use of Zinc Ionophore like Clioquinol along with Ionic Zinc ? Is it a good idea to use this in androgen sensitive PCa ?

andrew61
andrew61
in reply to LearnAll

Unfortunately I don't know how much Clioquinol contributed to my outcome.

However I would do it again because it might have been important. It's low risk and relatively inexpensive.

I would probably repeat: Clioquinol, Cabergoline, Mebendazole and Cimetidine along with metformin (oral and transdermal), atorvastatin, ADT and all the other OTC usual suspects.

16starsky
16starsky
in reply to LearnAll

The Clioquinol is a cream yes ? So how is it to be taken with the Ionic zinc?

I am very interested in this for my husband, would appreciate any info on this combo.

andrew61
andrew61
in reply to 16starsky

It’s a cream.

Make sure you rub it in vigorously. I rubbed until all absorbed and skin a bit red. Pick somewhere well vasculated. It did wrist or just below lateral clavicle.

16starsky
16starsky
in reply to andrew61

How do you know how much to use? Also do you take the Ionic Zinc at the same time ? again how much.

Yhankyou

LearnAll
LearnAll
in reply to 16starsky

Dr Leslie Castello of University of Maryland states in his paper " 3% Clioquinol cream can be applied to 2 inch area of skin one time a day...if no side effects are noticed it can be increased to 2 times a day"

There is no mention of dose of Ionic Zinc so I plan to follow the dose on the bottle of ionic zinc concentrate.

16starsky
16starsky
in reply to LearnAll

Thankyou for your reply very helpful.

Kim

Currumpaw
Currumpaw
in reply to LearnAll

Hey LearnAll!

Was one of the HIV/AIDS drugs Naltrexone?

Thanks for the post.

Currumpaw

LearnAll
LearnAll
in reply to Currumpaw

No. Naltrexone is NOT a HIV drug. It is a opiod receptor blocker which is FDA appoved for reducing the craving for opiates and /or alcohol.

Its not clear in video but it sound like acyclovir. But I am not sure.

Currumpaw
Currumpaw
in reply to LearnAll

Hey LearnAll!

Yes, you are correct! The way that I understand how Low Dose Naltrexone works is to take it before bedtime. During the circadian rhythm, between 200 hours and 400 hours I believe, LDN is supposed to boost the immune system. That is supposedly another effect and is the reason why it is taken --only--before bedtime.

As I noted before, there is now some disagreement about LDN's value for this use.

Currumpaw

LearnAll
LearnAll
in reply to Currumpaw

Right. In california, many doctors use Low Dose Naltrexone to boost immune system.

Its a very safe medicine at that low dose..so I see no harm in trying.

For me the cheapest way to get low dose Naltrexone is....I get 50 mg tab and make 10 equal pieces of tablet and take one piece every night. Cost less than 5 cents a day.

Currumpaw
Currumpaw
in reply to LearnAll

Hey LearnAll!

I started at 2.5 mg? Dosage is now 4.5 mg. and has been for a few years. A very forward thinking Doc that I see suggested it.

Interesting link below. Much info on the net about it too.

nutritionmba.com/low-dose-n...

Currumpaw

Currumpaw
Currumpaw
in reply to LearnAll

Hey LearnAll!

I get my LDN from a compounding lab. About 66 cents a capsule.

Where it began!

communityclinicalrx.com/low...

Currumpaw

Nal

If this change is right does it still mean that Ionic Nanotized Zinc May be helpful?

Zinc has been used for cold medicines, and for the Flu---but the Malaria Drugs do not contain the atom Zinc in it--I just checked the molecular structures of the 2 Malaria Drugs. Clioquinol is more for Fungus. Wait to here tomorrow.

Nal.

Same as Laura Ingraham talked about on Fox?

How good is it against PCa?

There are some studies--but I cannot give an assessment

Nal

Thanks

Here's an article that came up when I googled it

theblaze.com/news/studies-f...

I have heard it is plaquenil

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to BigM62

Which-ever, appears there is hope. I do not care if it is vanilla ice cream, as long as something works.

Nalakrats

Schwah
Schwah
in reply to Nalakrats

Is it readily available in large quantities you think ?

Schwah

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to Schwah

The President has an announcement this morning--if it is on this who knows? They would want to save it for those already infected. May not be a preventative.

Nal

ZapKU
ZapKU
in reply to Nalakrats

AMEN to that!

BBC reporting that c 300 clinical trials underway on drugs/experimental therapies on Coronavirus patients which include; Chloroquine, Remdesivir ( a drug developed to treat Ebola and Kaletra which is used for HIV treatment. Also reporting that Southampton hospital will be testing a drug codenamed SG001 from this Monday which is an inhaled treatment designed to speed recovery and minimise use of ventilators . Hope some or better still all work

We have 30 AIDS/HIV drugs already in the market, and the combinations with Chloroquine is endless so now that we have targeted potential drugs expect a lot of new info to come and maybe change daily, like I had to do in 10 minutes go from Clioquinol, to Chloroquine.

I should have kept my mouth shut.

Nal.

No it’s all good stuff Nal and we really appreciate your knowledge

Shanti1
Shanti1
in reply to GreenStreet

Second that

Wikipedia says:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/

Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine has been recommended by Chinese, South Korean and Italian health authorities for the treatment of COVID-19.

In February 2020, it was shown to effectively inhibit COVID-19 in vitro. Preliminary results from a multicentric trial, announced in a press conference and described by Gao, Tian and Yang, suggested that chloroquine is effective and safe in treating COVID-19 associated pneumonia, "improving lung imaging findings, promoting a virus-negative conversion, and shortening the disease course".

On 16 March 2020, advisor to the French Government on COVID-19, Professor Didier Raoult, announced that a trial involving 24 patients from the south east of France supported the claim that chloroquine was an effective treatment for COVID-19. 600mg of hydroxychloroquine (brand name Plaquenil) was administered to these patients every day for 10 days. The drug appeared to be responsible for a "rapid and effective speeding up of their healing process, and a sharp decrease in the amount of time they remained contagious".

In Australia, the Director of the University of Queensland Centre for Clinical Research, Professor David Paterson, announced his intention to conduct a large clinical trial of the efficacy of both chloroquine and lopinavir/ritonavir as treatments for COVID-19.

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to 2b-lucky

Thanks for expanding the conversation. Great

2b-lucky
2b-lucky
in reply to Nalakrats

Thank YOU for starting it!

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to 2b-lucky

Thanks

CORONAVIRUS TREATMENT IN INDIA SUCCESSFUL WITH CHLOROQUINE and Anti VIRALS

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to LearnAll

Great--as we thought!

Nal

???Hydroxychloroquine/Plaquenil

I use it morning and night for auto immune/Sarcoidosis.

🌻Jackie

You are right, that is the drug.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/321...

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to tango65

Just came across--French Doctor of Virology treated 40 Corona Virus Patients with Chloroquine + I think an added Retroviral, for AIDS--and cured all 40.

Nalakrats

tango65
tango65
in reply to Nalakrats

It seems it may work if used early.

It seems to be widely available without a prescription - at least in Chloroquine Phosphate form. Is this the one to order?

I would wait for the News Conference today. Everything is not triple verified yet.

Nal

I had already pointed out five days ago that Chloroquine seems to be effective against Corvid-19:

healthunlocked.com/advanced...

I am already taking it - just in case I'll get infected.

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to GP24

Heads up fast start!

Nal

Currumpaw
Currumpaw
in reply to GP24

Hey GP24!

No problem getting a prescription for Chloroquine? The brakes will be applied to that!

It will be as available as toilet paper!

Currumpaw

GP24
GP24
in reply to Currumpaw

I got my first package last year because I wanted to use it in combination with ADT to inhibit autophagy:

healthunlocked.com/advanced...

Today my doctor just prescribed one package with 100 pills, not two, what I had asked for. So that is what I got and my wife and daughter take it too. My daughter just returned from New York City and had a roommate who had symptoms but was denied a test for the corona virus.

For COVID-19.... Here is the referenced document for treatment in China using Chloriquine Phosphate

busan.china-consulate.org/c...

2.4 Antiviral therapy: Hospitals can try Alpha-interferon (5 million U or equivalent dose each time for adults, adding 2ml of sterilized water, atomization inhalation twice daily), lopinavir/ritonavir (200 mg/50mg per pill for adults, two pills each time, twice daily, no longer than 10 days), Ribavirin (suggested to be used jointly with interferon or lopinavir/ritonavir, 500 mg each time for adults, twice or three times of intravenous injection daily, no longer than 10 days), chloroquine phosphate (500 mg bid for 7 days for adults aged 18-65 with body weight over 50 kg; 500 mg bid for Days 1&2 and 500 mg qd for Days 3-7 for adults with body weight below 50 kg), Arbidol (200 mg tid for adults, no longer than 10 days). Be aware of the adverse reactions, contraindications (for example, chloroquine cannot be used for patients with heart diseases) and interactions of the abovementioned drugs.

Good post. not to be simple minded but when you disrupt Wall Street we have a good chance of finding the solution faster than if this disease was not disrupting our economy but centered in a third world county ....

This pub hot off the presses. A small trial in France showed extremely good results using hydroxychloroquine in combination with azithromycin:

drive.google.com/file/d/186...

Heard this on the news last night at about 11 PM. Good News.

It's about as current as you can get. The MS contains results from as late as March 16, so obviously hasn't undergone peer review yet. So that others won't need to wade through the details, here is a graph showing the results. Impressive. I wonder where these drugs are manufactured and what their availability is.

Well OK, I can't figure out how to include the graphic here, but it's at the very end of the manuscript in the link I provided.

Hey Nalakrats!

Yes, that info was in Coronavirus Pandemic Update 35 wasn't it? As well as using quercetin and zinc. It wasn't a lock at that time.

Interesting about aspirin and ibuprofen worsening the symptoms and maybe signs. Tylenol is the analgesic used.

Nice that Darryl used a cat to head the email! Yes indeed, cats with the purring and so on are beneficial to healing. It is said that the hertz is a part of the purring's healing power.

Did you see where they are on the fast track to develop disposable syringes to be pre-loaded with vaccine when it is available? One and done!

Currumpaw

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to Currumpaw

Things are moving. Heard the same from Dr. Fauci last night---he would only use Tylenol, said he.

Nal

smileyva
smileyva
in reply to Nalakrats

Yes, but now where to find Tylenol. Can’t find it for adults or kids in our area. We only have Motrin. Sigh.

You're getting 'Heads Up'? What does that really mean? The White House?

I encourage circumspection when posting for all of us.

Thanks

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to Steve507

Well Steve you ought to read what I really wrote----the Heads Ups I was getting were from sources I am connected to, and there was mentioned on 2 stations that there will be an announcement today, at the Presidential Briefing

Sorry you did not like How I put my words down to satisfy you, as you can see what followed, was all of my fellow researchers jumped in--and created a bevy of knowledge, to this point about 72 replies. Have a nice day--I know I will!

Nalakrats

Steve507
Steve507
in reply to Nalakrats

What I offered is simply good advice. Good news. I'm having a great day.

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to Steve507

Sorry if i took you wrong---Nal

You've just got to believe, Nalakrats.

I'm still reeling from 2 days of minus exercising at my local anxiety relief gym. PF, aka Planet Fitness. Closed, shutdown, on lockdown. Prednisone 10mg high and contained to home w/o E.E.C.

*** Your encouragement, facts, knowledge is incredible Nalakrats!

Time to digest info on Drug Chloroquine. Thaks.

depotdoug

WSOPeddie
WSOPeddie
in reply to depotdoug

I hear you on the gym closure. LA Fitness, now Esporta, in my case.

depotdoug
depotdoug
in reply to WSOPeddie

I’m finding home exercising more homework like cleaning. Up and down basement stairs. Today clean window blinds in our walk-in shower.

If the darn rain would 🛑 I’d go jog/waking outside.

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to WSOPeddie

Both my Gyms are open, was at my big one yesterday Afternoon, into evening. In the North Carolina Mountains, the closest case is one man 100 miles away and another 2-4 120 miles away.

Nalakrats

depotdoug
depotdoug
in reply to Nalakrats

I will have to improvise at home. Better yet I'll take a long walk around my fav hospital campus. Ironically that hospital where I'd SCA'd 05/12/2011 is directly across SW from our home. Looking out my computer home room can see the traffic flowing in and out of LHN. At least its 52degrees in Ft. Wayne and sun trying to do its job. I'd stop inside my hospital but think they got very stringent visitor exercising rules in place now. COVID#?

You just nailed it! NALAKRATS

President Trump just spoke these words.

"Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine"

smileyva
smileyva
in reply to depotdoug

But FDA says it isn’t approved yet and could take months?

google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co...

depotdoug
depotdoug
in reply to smileyva

Guess it’s interpretation.

He said a drug currently used as an antimalarial -- hydroxychloroquine -- would be made available almost immediately to treat coronavirus.

Definition of immediately?

Months or 1/2 year or fast track.

It’s gonna happen when it happens. Believe it is, I am.

smileyva
smileyva
in reply to depotdoug

True! Immediately to me means today! ;)

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to smileyva

FDA does not run things now---the President and his task force will be over-lords---if the President says tomorrow--it will be.

Nalakrats

President just announced it, let's hope it helps, nice research Nalakrats.

erjlg3
erjlg3
in reply to dockam

Good article dockam!

Do you think artminisin might have a similar effect?

All the anti-Malaria drugs should have some similar effects---blocking protein signals so the virus cannot replicate. I am sure they all are being looked at.

Nalakrats

I've taken arteminisin for a few years after diagnosis. I read some anecdotal information that it slowed down prostate cancer. If it also provides some , even weak, protection from covid 19 then PCa patients should consider it. As I've said some doctor got the Nobel prize for using on malaria patients. I've already ordered some last week. When I took the supplement before there were no side effects. I was on lupron. Now I'm on lupron and xtandi. NIH has loosened up their perspective on supplements. They just want to know what your taking. So this one arteminisin I'll begin shortly. I have a brother whose PSA was rising. I told him to take zyflamend, pomegranate/ blueberry juice, and arteminisin. He has a 12 core biopsy...no cancer. His PSA was only slightly elevated. Now it is down below 3. He continues to take this combo. So read between the lines people.

Thanks for the supporting anecdotal evidence.

Nalakrats

jdm3
jdm3
in reply to Kevinski65

Thanks for the info on Arteminsin.

Regarding your brother... Not to be an alarmist... I had two 12-core biopsies five years apart that did not find cancer. My PSA kept creeping up. Of course, I heard what I wanted to hear ("biopsy is negative") and ignored the PSA creep. They missed it... and yet here I am. Please, please keep an eye on it, get a second or third opinion, and an MRI if any doubt.

Edited to add: Sorry for not minding my own business in this regard, but just sayin'... keep an eye on it. A negative biopsy can give an illusion of validity and we have a natural tendency towards confirmation bias when he hear what we want/hope to hear.

Kevinski65
Kevinski65
in reply to jdm3

Point well taken I'm afraid.

Is chloroquine thought to be prophylactic as well as for treatment of infection? Would you take it if you're infected but with no symptoms, which would imply that your immune system is able to handle it? (Assuming some miracle allows you to be tested without symptoms...)

GP24
GP24
in reply to kapakahi
kapakahi
kapakahi
in reply to GP24

great source - thanks - looks like Chinese and Korean guidelines (based on recent experience) translated by the doctor who posted it and vetted at Stanford and NAS? To their credit they're reporting no new native infections, only those brought in from outside.

GP24
GP24
in reply to GP24

The document is no longer available on Google. The authors seem to have influenced Trump to recommend Chloroquine against the Covid-19 virus. This is not really a reseach paper you can trust, I am sorry for posting it:

huffpost.com/entry/chloroqu...

twitter.com/BostonJoan/stat...

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to kapakahi

I heard a number of conversations on the News by Top notch Docs. both in Industry and Govt--- and indicate it would do both.

Nalakrats

I'm still awaiting the announcement that the cure is chocolate chip ice cream (two scoops)...

Good Luck, Good Health and Good Humor.

j-o-h-n Thursday 03/19//2020 5:06 PM DST

erjlg3
erjlg3
in reply to j-o-h-n

🤣😅🤣😅Me too John!!!

WSOPeddie
WSOPeddie
in reply to j-o-h-n

Don't forget the caramel syrup.

j-o-h-n
j-o-h-n
in reply to WSOPeddie

I guess NUTS are out of the question..........

Good Luck, Good Health and Good Humor.

j-o-h-n Friday 03/20/2020 5:05 PM DST

Chloroquine comes with some nasty side effects. Wasn't it deemed undesirable as a prophylactic for malaria?

drugs.com/sfx/chloroquine-s...

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to TNCanuck

Considered very safe, and is being used in China, S. Korea, France, and the USA, and any day now it will be cut loose for both preventive and cure--by the FDA--together with another drug---a Retroviral---one used with SARS, or with HIV.

Nalakrats

You know the DEWORMER nacolsamine or nacolsamide worked on SARS. Google it. I wonder if it would help with Covid 19... I have some but never took it because I'm in remission without it. If I got SARS 2 it would be tempting to take it with zinc and arteminisin together. Until they find a vaccine or treatment y not?

I think you mean Niclosamide---I would not experiment unless you have a background in these drugs.

Nalakrats

I'm sorry I bought praziquantel which is a dog dewormer. It's also used as a human tape worm treatment. It's the same as niclosamide. People in here were taking a different dewormer in the same class for PCa. I stumbled upon a Korean or Chinese study about it's efficacy with SARS. I never took it because I'm in a clinical trial at NIH but if I got Covid 19 it would be tempting. I wonder why it hasn't it been mentioned as a possibility? From what I understand it is well tolerated in humans. Your point is well taken not to take anything and everything that comes along. I was too lazy to check the spelling of niclosamide at the time.

It was announced that over 100 Old drugs--or those that might be re-purposed drugs are being evaluated. We do not know but 1-2%

Nalakrats

Well I guess that explains it.

jdm3
jdm3
in reply to Nalakrats

Summit supercomputer at Oakridge which is crunching away at possible off the shelf cures.

https://s3-eu-west 1.amazonaws.com/itempdf74155353254prod/11871402/Repurposing_Therapeutics_for_COVID-19__Supercomputer-Based_Docking_to_the_SARS-CoV-2_Viral_Spike_Protein_and_Viral_Spike_v4.pdf

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to jdm3

About F-in Time?

Nalakrats

Good to know! I had read otherwise.

Well, now we know. Thank you, Dr. Fauci. I'm glad all of you guys are being treated by people who believe in science as opposed to wishes and feelings.

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to TNCanuck

Be positive!

TNCanuck
TNCanuck
in reply to Nalakrats

Oh, I'm very positive. Positive that I'm incredibly grateful for scientists, dedicated healthcare providers and others working to get us through this. I just don't have much patience for the other BS. 😊

Thanks for all you do for this community!

Krats you da man! Trump indeed announced Chloroquine as a cure. I think he might have jumped the gun since it hasn't been proven to be efficacious but for all of us I certainly hope it works out. Regardless you nailed the announcement. My wife was rolling her eyes when I told her what you predicted. But after the news she stopped rolling and started bowing.

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to RSH1

I sometimes get lucky. But since, my words----there has been new evidence that South Korea was using it, China was using it and a study by a top Infectious Doc. in France--who claimed he cured 40 patients, in his own trial. Now Chloroquine was this French Doctors choice---if he used anything in combo I do not know, but all His data was relayed to the Trump Corona Task Force, the FDA, and CDC. FDA rules are to change--we do not have to do Phase 1,2,3 trials--this drug is safe and has been used world-wide since 1945, when it was invented.

One USA Mfger, is gearing up to produce 120 million doses. Why?

Nalakrats

You may also like...