THC, CBD And Prostate Cancer - Advanced Prostate...

Advanced Prostate Cancer
9,372 members10,844 posts

THC, CBD And Prostate Cancer

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
185 Replies

Many of our members have expressed an interest in using THC and CBD and Marijuana for various reasons. There is a lot of side talk and there is no doubt we have users, and others that are probably thinking about it as Medical Marijuana is becoming legal State by State. There is a lot of mis-information, related to cancer. So I prepared a little primer below:

Cannabis has been used for centuries. The Egyptians used it to treat Glaucoma and it was also used as an anti-inflammatory. They had their own form of Obstetrics, and they mixed/ground the leaves of the plant with Honey which they applied to the Vagina. There is truly one account of God instructing Moses to make a Holy Anointing using olive oil. In Hebrew Cannabis is referred to by the Hebrew Words--->Kaneh Bosm. [So is Cannabis Kosher?]

Cannabis has over 400 chemicals 80 of which have been identified as Cannabinoid Components, and over 200 compounds that are Non-Cannabinoids. For Medical purposes, Cannabinoids such as THC[Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol],CBD[Cannabidol], and other substances such as Polyphenols, and Terpenes. Notice THC is--binol and CBD is--bidol--the spellings are close. But the workings in the body are different. Recreational use Cannabis contains higher THC and lower CBD, for that High State, which I enjoyed in the 1960's. Medical use Cannabis has less THC. Usually 2 Cannabis Plants are used: Cannabis Sativa which is higher in THC and Cannabis Indica which has a higher CBD concentration. Humans have Cannabinoid Receptors! Type 1 [CB1] is mainly found in the brain. Type 2 [CB2] is usually found in the immune system and the bones. THC mainly works on CB-1 Receptors, and CBD works on CB-2 Receptors.

In Vitro studies with THC have shown that Cannabinoids affect migration, Angiogenesis and Apoptosis[programmed cell death] of Cancer Cells. But each type of cancer seems to respond differently to the effect of Exogenous Cannabinoids. Many types of cancer have a higher concentration of CB-1 and CB-2 Receptors and some are lower.

Uses of cannabis in cancer pain has been used for a few decades, but for overall pain it has been used for centuries. Old Pharmacy Dictionaries[Pharmacopoeia],note its use for acute pain. But for Post-Op pain it is not as effective. It seems when used with opioids there are modest benefits. Now we are talking here very severe pain. Interesting, probably based on where the receptors are---> there are about 30 studies where Cannabinoids were very effective for Neuropathic Pain--and many of us with Pca do discover one day we have Neuropathy. Studies have shown THC to be very effective in eliminating Nausea and vomiting due to Chemo. Cannabinoids have a pretty good effect on Appetite-- especially with Cachexia patients, which are hard cases. People with or without cancer have increased Appetites--->we use to call it getting the munchies.

In both in vitro and in vivo studies[Mouse Studies], have shown antiproliferative, anti-metastatic, anti-angiogenic and pro-apoptotic effects of Cannabinoids in various Malignancies[Lung, Glioma, Thyroid, Lymphoma, Skin, Pancreas, Breast and Prostate]. ***Cannabis has never been clinically studied for malignancy. And Never Will! Researchers would want to identify 1 or 2 chemicals out of 400, and modify by adding an OH group, a CH3 Group, or an NO2 group to create a new compound that does the same thing as the identified compound so to patent something.There is no money for this. You chemists out there understand. We are left with the Mouse Studies and Anecdotal evidence of thousands of individuals. It is important that men know that if they are taking Coumarin or other blood thinners, this could be dangerous, by increasing bleeding There are so many types of Cannabis Oils with different amounts of CBD and THC--->this makes it almost impossible for a patient to make a choice for best benefits.

For the science students, I will do a small part 2 regarding De Novo Synthesis of Ceramide and Sphingolipid, and the participation of Endocannabinoid[ECS]. For most readers the above should suffice, and will probably create some conversations.

Nalakrats

185 Replies
oldestnewest
TNCanuck

Did you mean to reference Coumadin?

1 like
Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to TNCanuck

Yes--sorry I used to use the other compound which does exist and is used as both a Food Flavor Ingredient and a Tobacco Flavor ingredient. I have mixed these 2 for years.

Nalakrats

2 likes
Sunlight12
Sunlight12
in reply to TNCanuck

Useless factoid: coumarin is found naturally in citrus essential oils like Bergamot and in Cinnamon powder. It has photosensitizing properties when used on the skin, as well as being an anti-coagulant. And Nal, you're not too far wrong in mixing it up with Coumadin - that compound is a derivative of it.

-Sunlight (aka Small Hill of Useless Facts)

2 likes
LearnAll

CBD oil contains canabinoids, terpenes and flavonoids and act on canabis receptor type 2 which is responsible for its immunity boosting and anti inflammatory effects. That means prostate cancer patients who do not have pain or nausea, CBD oil is sufficient,

For people who like the mental effects of THC can use both THC and CBD together

6 likes
Canoehead

thank you for posting this, and my non scientific response is that I take a chocolate with 5 Mg. of Indica THC to help me sleep. My wife swears by a topical 1:1 THC/CBD cream for her low back pain. To get high I prefer a hazy IPA or a robust Cabernet.

3 likes
cesanon

"Cannabis has never been clinically studied for malignancy."

Prostate cancer cells have more canabinoid receptors than non cancerous prostate cells. So there is every reason to believe that canabinoids are not bystanders.

And Cannabis sort of has been been informally studied with respect to prostate cancer. Dr. Myers had about 1500 prostate cancer patients. He told me that those of his patients who most affirmatively believed in supplementing his treatment with canbinoids seemed to express the most aggressive prostate cancer.

His personal stated belief was that cannabinoids feed the aggressive growth of prostate cancer.

I heard a similar observation and belief from another speaker (don't remember his name) at a PCRI conference whose practice included prostate cancer patients.

Now this is not meant to take away from the pain killing effects of cannabis, during end stage hospice.

But it seems that before then, it is risky behavior to bet that canabinoids hamper the growth of prostate cancer cells instead of fueling their growth.

2 likes
johnscats
johnscats
in reply to cesanon

Hi I was given med cannabis in Germany I had aggressive stage 4 pcs with Mets took it for 7 months till I came home have never had chemo nor radiation Olney treatment was firmagon supplements which I took myself after 7 months bloods went to normal scans Olney show two places on my spine which they think now are scans have heard what stuffy Myers said about it and was worried at first but Olney heard it after been on cannibis 7 months then so two late still not sure what caused all my Mets to varnish had them in lung rib spine l4 t5 pelvis Mets illiacs femour pelvis lmphnodes just glad it happened don't consider myself cured because pda still dropping its now 1.52 from 464 2 years ago

3 likes
Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to johnscats

Nice Results!

Nalakrats

1 like
cesces
cesces
in reply to johnscats

Yeah what does "stuffy Myers" know.

You have your trial of one.

Firmagon and cannabis cures cannabis and does not turn it aggressive.

Oh wait, it didn't cure you. And you won't know for a year or three if it may have helped evolve new aggressive lines of prostate cancer.

Please keep us informed on how your experiment progresses.

Because of the indisputable difference in cannabinoid receptors, it's is doing something, one way or another.

1 like
johnscats
johnscats
in reply to cesces

Hi cesces regarding zytiga my neighbour is using it no probs so far they have also given me some to send to you just give me where to post its for free no obligation do what you wish with it

Whimpy-p
Whimpy-p
in reply to johnscats

👏🏼

billyboy3
billyboy3
in reply to johnscats

total bs pal, send us scientific proof of the cancer, then scientific follow up. sounds like you had a cold!!!!

johnscats
johnscats
in reply to billyboy3

I wish I had a cold billyboy send me your email and I'll upload what you require

Myriammole

Are you still on firmagon? Which type of cannabis do you take and how much?

Nalakrats

Never was on Firmagon--I alternate one year to the other with the Vantas Implant---currently off Primary ADT, for 2020. And I did not indicate that I was a user of Cannabis--a matter of fact I said I was not a user--that I was just reporting. Please be careful in what you say!

Nalakrats

johnscats

3 to1 and yes I'm still on firmagon I also take curcumin 4mu berberine ursolic acid salvesterols statin and metformin but most of those Olney for the past 2 months

billyboy3
billyboy3
in reply to johnscats

So you are giving us BS John, as you are still taking the scientific meds that the rest of us rely on to stave off our cancers. It is totally unacceptable for you to spout off as to the effectiveness and give credit to weed as being the reason why your cancer has not yet advanced-as it most certainly will.

I again find this adhoc kitchen counter FALSE cures an insult to both currently suffering, those who are just coming on stream to this deadly disease and out of memory for those who have already passed.

Your posts are a disgrace pal! and doing a terrible disservice.

johnscats
johnscats
in reply to billyboy3

Look at my posts I have always said what I was taking the Olney conventional drug is firmagon I have never had radiation or any form of chemo I have also said clearly I don't know what has helped me weed firmagon read my post before accusing me of something I have not done

billyboy3
billyboy3
in reply to johnscats

well then if you do not know what is keeping your cancer at bay, you should not be so irresponsible as to state that you think your weed has done it!!! -especially since you are taking our medications at the same time, which we KNOW DO WORK!!!

You are again hurting people by making false claims that you now admit to not knowing if the chemicals/supplements you are taking are having any effect.

Stop, please, stop until you have scientific proof before you open your mouth and spout nonsense.

johnscats
johnscats
in reply to billyboy3

What actually works their is no cure conventionally for stage 4 pca I have never ever given anyone or told anyone that cannibis cures cancer or any other disease for that mater perhaps you should stop talking nonsense you sound like a politician looking for votes 😂

billyboy3
billyboy3
in reply to johnscats

What you said was that you did not know what was keeping you alive, was it Cannabis or the scientifically proven drug regime. This is an insult to those who have dedicated their lives to finding treatments and a cure for prostate cancer, first, and you also give others, some false sense that cannabis can cure or keep control of their cancer, NEITHER of which is true!!!!!!!!!!

I know total bs when I see it and you should spend some time with palliative care end stage prostate cancer guys, some of whom are there because they were lied to and believed that cannabis or other supplements that guys like Nal peddle on this site, and that is in my view criminal negligence causing death.

If your false statements cause even one man to stop or not start scientifically approved medical treatments, because of reading your post, or others who likewise shovel this bs, you are GUILTY of murdering or at the least, ending the lives of those who took your false words as truth, because who, if they are honest, honourable and caring human beings, would propagate a lie that cannabis or any other supplement could cure or stop prostate cancer growth??????

Get it pal, your doing a terrible disservice to your fellow man and should be ashamed, or better still, be put in a jail cell until common sense and respect for your fellow man shows up in your being.

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to johnscats

He is not a Politician John--->He is an Absolute Blooming Idiot, with nothing better to do, than to put his boot in his mouth, after stepping on something we avoid on the street.

Nalakrats

2 likes
johnscats
johnscats
in reply to Nalakrats

Thanks nail I think I will just ignore him

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to johnscats

That is what I do. When he gets no responses back---he shrivels up.

Nalakrats

daleboy3
daleboy3
in reply to billyboy3

You don’t have a clue what your talking about Cannabis has been documented hundreds of times for curing cancer patients that had several tumours in different parts of the body, all tumours receded & vanished, enough said

billyboy3
billyboy3
in reply to daleboy3

total bs, that is NO proof of anyone being cured after being diagnosed with prostate cancer, NONE, and I mean those who through scientific tests, in fact had cancer, not an inflammation of the prostate as some other guy had and stated he had been cured when he never had cancer to start with.

You are doing a terrible disservice by making your false claims, i.e. present us with evidence of any of these so-called cures of cancer that you made claim in your post, otherwise, stop lying and misleading people who are sick and in need of help.

You are a fraud and a disgrace as a human being daleboy!!!!!!!

billyboy3
billyboy3
in reply to daleboy3

when were these many hundreds of case documented dale boy, on a roll of toilet paper???

johnscats

Yes Olney able to take small amount of thc just take supplements was on thc for 7 months while being treated by munich university hospital it is illegal here where I live the dose was made for them by pharmaceutical company mine was 3 to1 thc being the 3 don't know the type I'm not saying it cured me or done anything this was my result what did this I simply don't know at the moment my scans are clear I have never had chemo or radiation zytiga or any other drug just supplements thier are 2 lesions on l4 and t5 but they think now they are scars they don't know my psa falls every month its now 1.52 from 464 on 19th December 2017 which tells me maybe their is still cancer somewhere they just can't see it I had it on my pelvis femour rib back right lung both illiacs pelvic lmphnodes hope this helps

lewicki
lewicki
in reply to johnscats

Great results. Do you know dosage, THC to CBD oil ratios, what plant Indica? Takin in pill form, any slow increase to maximum dosage? Thank you

johnscats
johnscats
in reply to lewicki

I don't know what has done this weed or firmagon but the weed I received was from munich university hospital its strength was 3 to1 it came in a syringe I don't know was indica or savita its processed for the Germans by the pharma industry their docs recieve courses on it from the Israel and Spain as far as I was told I am not saying weed cured me as I don't know I have 2 scars on my vertebrae t5 and l4 my onc says he thinks the are scars now my last pda which I do every month is 1.52 it is continually falling every month so I assume their is still cancer their that they can't see I don't know but I have been on firmagon scince 19th of December 2017 maybe that's done it at the moment I take very small amounts of thc as its illegal where I live and I have to fly to Germany to get it maybe it's the supplements that are doing it I don't really care once I am still above ground it could be 4mu theirs lots of science on it hope that helps was offered zytiga but can't tolerate steroids am very sensitive to a lot of drugs including penicillin

johnscats
johnscats
in reply to lewicki

Sorry should have said Olney conventional drug on is firmagon

LearnAll

YOU SAID:"Dr Myers told me that who affirmatively believed in taking cannabinoids seemed to express the most aggressive cancer"

The other meaning of his statement can be that patients who were not feeling right and were desperate for relief took more cannabinoids. These patients were having an aggressive form of PCa to begin with.

Just one person's statement and its meaning should be not taken as last word and that statement /observation needs to be looked from different angles.

Do you have any solid reference to back up the claim about negative effects of CBD other than "somebody said this"

4 likes
Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to LearnAll

I have no idea what you are talking about! What negative effects of CBD Oil did I address? I did not recommend taking anything or taking any Cannabis in any form. What one persons statement? I wrote a post with no bias. I was reporting current info, that is available if you research it. I am not even a user---so I have no leanings--this is for other people to determine their own whatever. What is this DR. Meyers reference. I am starting to think you are truly nuts, or you cannot read American English.

Nalakrats

4 likes
Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to Nalakrats

Sorry again--I think you were responding to someone else.

Nalakrats

1 like
LearnAll
LearnAll
in reply to Nalakrats

I was asking the question to cesanon..

Nalakrats..I am in agreement with you about CBD

As for English..NAL..I learnt my english alphabet when I was 3 years old. I can speak and write in English approx 5 times better than an average American. My total length of formal education is 26 years.

1 like
Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to LearnAll

The reply did not indicate you were responding to one of the nay-sayers on here--cesanon--I thought you were replying to me--and it just did not make sense in any language-----Glad you made it clear to cesanon. Better you than me.

Nalakrats

4 likes
LearnAll
LearnAll
in reply to Nalakrats

No prob...we clarified ...Lets both enjoy lovely florida...i just had a 4 mile long powerwalk in park..but wheather is cloudy today.

3 likes
Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to LearnAll

Well you are younger than me--and I do mine in the Planet Fitness Gym, across from my Lodge. I use the tread mill and the power bikes. Then I power weight lift. Then Fish.

Nalakrats

1 like
Pleroma
Pleroma
in reply to LearnAll

LearnAll, You probably should have it the REPLY icon on cesanon's response rather than Nalakrats - it would avoid the confusion.

2 likes
Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to Pleroma

Thanks, We have asked IT in London to fix this.

Nalakrats

1 like
TNCanuck
TNCanuck
in reply to Nalakrats

Why not just delete the post(s)?

1 like
cesces
cesces
in reply to Nalakrats

My recollection, and intent, was to add a "black box) cautionary warning supplementing what you said to discourage people from reading into it what many already believe. That cannabis is a cure all.

It's clearly good for appetite. Lol. For certain chemo side effects. And for pain.

And given the nature of how cannabinoid systems work, and the differential in cannabinoid receptors, there is every reason to believe it is a player in the progression of prostate cancer.

The question is whether it helps or hinders. There is no definitive clinical trial either way.

Until such time as there is, it might be wise for non-hospice prostate cancer patients to pass on it as a form of herbal self treatment.

1 like
Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to cesces

I just report and do not prescribe----the onlookers or readers, are free to do their own studies/research/and experimentation. As for myself I am neutral, except for the uses you mention.

Nalakrats

1 like
Whimpy-p
Whimpy-p
in reply to cesces

All of my Doctors have no problem with me and cannabis . They tell me “ whatever you’re doing ? Keep doing it”!

Whimpy-p
Whimpy-p
in reply to Nalakrats

I do recommend it to anyone with cancer...

1 like
cesces
cesces
in reply to Whimpy-p

And why exactly would you do that?

I hope is isn't because you are an adherent to the cannabis religion?

That is not a good reason. About the only thing you in good conscience recommend to ALL people with cancer is exercise. And even there, there are some exceptions.

Sort of like those who belong to the gun religion obsess over recommending firearms to everyone.

Good for all that ails you.

2 likes
Whimpy-p
Whimpy-p
in reply to cesces

Because I’ve personally seen it’s positive effect on many people .It’s my belief . Not an obsession . I only recommend it to those with and open mind and spirit. Otherwise it’s pointless . Take care ...

cesanon
cesanon
in reply to Whimpy-p

"Because I’ve personally seen ......."

Pretty much everything on this website has met that high standard: quackwatch.org/

Oh and lets not forget these as well: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faith...

Actualy there is not too much difference between the two types of treatments.

See also: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confi...

And all those clinical trials... they are just a Big Pharma conspiracy to prevent competition from free, pure and natural time-honored traditional folk and neolithic treatments. Right?

1 like
Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to cesanon

I forgot that you reside in an Alternative Universe, and somehow you have found a way to communicate to the living in this Planet, in this Universe. Lulu does not need to respond--he does not know you as I do.

Nalakrats

2 likes
cesanon
cesanon
in reply to Nalakrats

Sure Nal, but you know what they say:

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan

1 like
Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to cesanon

An As***** Progressive Democrat.

cesanon
cesanon
in reply to Nalakrats

Ohh yes, I forget, certain people are entitled to their own facts. Foolish me.

Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diagn...

By the way, Moynihan was one of the principal architects of that once Great America that everyone wants to get back to. Oh yeah not one of your facts?

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to cesanon

You do not come from NYC---how about just leaving me alone---there will be no more responses to you, I cut you off once--well now it is forever.

N.

cesanon
cesanon
in reply to Nalakrats

Sure Nal. Sounds good to me. MAGA over and out.

billyboy3
billyboy3
in reply to Nalakrats

Again, Nal, you shred all who challenge your bs, sad that you are allowed to propagate your false edicts on this site as you do.

Whimpy-p
Whimpy-p
in reply to cesanon

I’ve known many Know it alls in my life . I place you in that category in which you thrive... good luck 👍

Whimpy-p
Whimpy-p
in reply to Nalakrats

Nal , I’ve been here reading and following HU for years now . I’m familiar with all of our regular posters , even cesanon. I’ve got no extra energy to waste on narrow mindedness. Everyone has an equal voice. Mine is no better than anyone else’s .. What did you catch today ? Shalom.

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to Whimpy-p

Total Rain Out--I do not go Foul Weather Gear Fishing anymore--wait to the next nice day.

Nal

Whimpy-p
Whimpy-p
in reply to cesanon

You talk crazy . Like your itching for a fight . I don’t understand it . I’m not here to put others down . But you are . We are all adults . Follow your own path . Don’t worry about mine brother . There is value in the natural . That many don’t see . Each to their own dear Sir . Have a great day ✌️

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to LearnAll

Gosh I need to just go fishing for the rest of this day. You were talking back to cesanon!

Nalakrats

2 likes
Whimpy-p
Whimpy-p
in reply to Nalakrats

I hought you were on a HU sabbatical my friend?? Go fishin!

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to Whimpy-p

I just come back to find about 20 posts/responses--winter is not my sabbatical; summer is--I just change where I live so I can fish---and sun--and ocean swim. I use HU early morning before fishing and after fishing it is now 5 PM EST. Done for the day! Going to go back and read all you posted today---WOW!

Nal

1 like
cesces
cesces
in reply to LearnAll

I only have what information I have. I have no belief system pro or con cannabis.

I actually have some investments in the industry. And should I ever go into hospice, my plan is to use cannabis for pain.

The standard prostate cancer protocols used by medical centers of excellence today we're pioneered by Myers many years prior.

Myers had a reputation for many things, being a simpleton was not one of them.

1 like
Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to cesces

Meyers was no doubt pretty damn good--but he was not a God. My Uro Surgeon had to clean up a few of his messes. We as humans have not reached the apex of perfection.

Nalakrats

1 like
cesces
cesces
in reply to Nalakrats

Interesting. Part of his nature was to lean forward and to quickly recalibrate as he moved ahead. That had it's risks. But I was always good with that.

Better than waiting around 10 years for the docs at the major centers who only practice medicine out of cook books. He was the one writing their cookbooks.

May I ask what was the cause and/or nature of the messes that you needed to correct?

1 like
Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to cesces

I did not Correct anything. My Uro Surgeon who has over 1500 RP's under his belt and is one of a few who will go in and do Salvage Removal of the Prostate when no other Surgeon would touch this procedure--who also Teaches at Duke part time---when I mentioned years ago, that I followed some of Meyers Protocols--- he just blurted out the statement out to me--I asked what--my Uro Surgeon said his work with other patients is confidential--so I do not know.

Nalakrats

1 like
Bethpage

Nalakrats, best explanation I have read of how CBD & THC work. Thanks!

1 like
Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to Bethpage

Your Welcome

1 like
Cisco99

Thanks for compiling this summary

2 likes
Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to Cisco99

Thank You

2 likes
lewicki

Google Rick Simpson oil for prostate cancer. It is a cooked down oil with both THC and CBD Very high concentration. Claims to cure cancer. There is different plant combinations used also.

1 like
Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to lewicki

I was just reporting---and not recommending any use--the information is just that, information that men may make use of. I hope some may find some benefits.

Nalakrats

1 like
erjlg3

Very interesting Nalakrats. Thank you :)

1 like
Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to erjlg3

Happy New Year

Nal.

4 likes
erjlg3
erjlg3
in reply to Nalakrats

Happy New Year Nal!

:)

1 like
Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to erjlg3

How are you really doing without Dan---Pray you have that Special Peace that transcends time[Shalom Ha Gadol].

Nal

2 likes
erjlg3
erjlg3
in reply to Nalakrats

Funny you should ask Nal....I was reading our private messages today. I miss his friendship... but this year has been crazy.....but I have all of you 💗.

Hugs Nal

3 likes
Whimpy-p
Whimpy-p
in reply to erjlg3

❤️

erjlg3
erjlg3
in reply to Nalakrats

And yes Nal.....I do have that special peace that transcends time 💗

1 like
Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to erjlg3

Then you have been Blessed!

Nal

1 like
Whimpy-p
Whimpy-p
in reply to Nalakrats

Happy new year! 🌵

tceinvestments

Thanks again for sharing all your knowledge.

3 likes
Magnus1964

It is interesting that I am on a drug trial with xtandi. I asked if I could use CBD oil for my neuropathy. The monitor told my research team that I could NOT. I asked if I could use topically and the monitor said I could. So maybe CBD oil does affect cancer.

2 likes
Nalakrats

The Mouse Studies indicate so---thousands and thousands of men and women have used THC/CBD while doing Chemo---we have no data--as most of the time individuals do it on their own--and tell no one. As I indicated we have no Valid Studies. There are various papers, but nothing approaching double blind studies.

As to your desire to control your neuropathy---they must know that CBD has an ability to find receptors and that one of Xtandi's operating modes is to target the Androgen Receptor. I cannot suggest anything to you. Neuropathy could be permanent---I know what I would do. But not able to give you my thoughts.

Nalakrats

2 likes
erjlg3
erjlg3
in reply to Magnus1964

I picked from yours and a neuropathy web site Magnus and my neuropathy bothers me much less on the supplements. It's not nearly as painful. No docs that I have will allow CBD or medical marijuana. I'm soo glad the supplements are helpful at this time. I hope yours is less painful still. Good wishes and Happy New Year :)

2 likes
Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to erjlg3

What supplements are you using?

Nal

1 like
erjlg3
erjlg3
in reply to Nalakrats

For my neuropathy.... helps me tremendously.

NOW Collostrum 500 I was told Collostrum is NO GOOD for men with prostate cancer

NOW B50 You suggested 2 B50 Nalakrats

Divine Bounty Acetyl L-Carnitine 1200

Doctor's Best Stabilized R-Lipoic Acid w/ Bio Enhanced Na-RALA 100mg

Life Extension Advanced Bio-Curcumin

1 like
Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to erjlg3

Best single Supp. for Neuropathy is Life Extensions--->Mega Benfotiamine--it is an Oil Soluble form of Thiamine

You can take up to 4-5 capsules a day---start with 2 then every 2-3 days add one until you get to 5 a day. It is not expensive at Amazon. Works best on the feet, unless the disease has been there a long time.

Nalakrats

2 likes
erjlg3
erjlg3
in reply to Nalakrats

Does it replace any of the other supplements?

Thank you s0oo Nal!

🌻Jackie

1 like
Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to erjlg3

No! I found this one about 3 months ago.

Nal

2 likes
erjlg3
erjlg3
in reply to Nalakrats

Thanks so much for sharing it :)

🌻Jackie

1 like
Oldskier
Oldskier
in reply to Nalakrats

What is the side in mg?

Thank you

Oldskier
Oldskier
in reply to Oldskier

Should be what is the dose in mg?

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to Oldskier

I have no idea--I am not a user, so I could not even tell you what my experience in mgs is. But you may be able to research it. Or if you live in a State where Medical Marijuana is approved---you can go to one of the exchanges and ask for expert help. The exchanges that have been in operation for years in Calif. and Colorado, usually have experts, who can recommend or formulate something specific. I spoke to one such expert by phone in California at an exchange, over a year ago--and his knowledge was vast.

Nalakrats

Oldskier
Oldskier
in reply to Nalakrats

Dose of Life Extensions Mega Benfotiamine 250 or 300mg ?

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to Oldskier

I believe it is 250. Just looked at my bottle-->250

Nalakrats

1 like
Whimpy-p
Whimpy-p
in reply to Magnus1964

That’s pure bs from them .

RonnyBaby

I suspect these 'medical pros' know nothing about the topic.

I am a medical cannabis user and legal grower (in Canada).

The research is incomplete but ongoing. There is some evidence that

cannabis in varied forms (re: genetics) can affect certain medical outcomes.

One size does not fit all and the strains of cannabis available numbers into the hundreds, soon approaching the thousand mark.

I wouldn't stake my life on it, but it certainly isn't snake oil.

Victorq1
Victorq1
in reply to Magnus1964

NEUROPATHY....

I will repeat myself with

a successful use of CAPSICIN / Capsicum--

HOT PEPPER EXTRACT Ointments.

If it does not work

add it to salsa.

Magnus1964
Magnus1964
in reply to Victorq1

I shall try this.

Nalakrats

I have already reported on Nature's Way[ Cayenne Pepper/Fruit]. At 40, 000 Scoville Heat Units per capsule--at 6 a day---divided---240,000 Scoville Units is significant, and you do not have to put up with the hot in your mouth or esophagus, and burning in your stomach.

Nalakrats

AlanMeyer

Here is the non-technical patient version of the National Cancer Institute's statement on Cannabis and Cannabinoids: cancer.gov/about-cancer/tre...

A more technical "health professional" version that includes references to the scientific studies can be found by clicking the "Go to Health Professional Version" link right under the title of the Patient version.

NCI documents tend to be very conservative, trying not to go any further than the scientific articles have gone, and the scientific publishing is already conservative in that no scientist wants to be criticized for claiming benefits that aren't clearly established. Still, I think the NCI documents are useful and are always backed by empirical research.

Alan

4 likes
2dee

Thanks for posting the information. I had never done any recreational drugs prior to my stage 4 Dx on June 2018.

Opiates weren't cutting my pain enough to sleep no matter how many. So my research turned up full spectrum CBD from commercial hemp in Olive oil for pain. Through MY trials I found that about 200mg or so a day really seemed to mask about 70% of MY pain. Sleep followed, more relaxed, no noticeable side effects. My MO and UO both said that it would not interfere with my ADT Lupron.

I then tried adding about 30mg THC using 5mg lozenges and discovered it really helped MY chronic head pain.

I've been on both since. I vary dosage based on how I feel every 6 hours with MY goal of minimizing dosage to the minimum I need.

No noticeable side effects nor any "high". Have recommended to other cancer patients with mixed results. About 75% positive while the remainder report no noticeable help. Not sure if any followed my dosage and schedule advice.

I'm convinced they are helping ME. Perhaps not any kind of quantifiable study but good enough for me, I wanted pain relief and needed sleep to survive.

Thanks again for your valued input.

2Dee

2 likes
Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to 2dee

I really appreciate this reply--I cannot in my position--make the recommendations as you did in your reply. I could have laid out a number of options and combinations with Opiates, over the counter Pain Relievers, Gabapentin, Indomethacin, and others/w CBD---THC---or combo's. I cannot prescribe.

My overall opinion is that it is positive when used correctly, per individual. You have found your own sweet spot. Happy New Year.

Nalakrats

2 likes
2dee
2dee
in reply to Nalakrats

I forgot to include that the use of CBD allowed ME to reduce MY Norco use from over 10+ a day down to only 2. I felt that was useful at this time as I can add back more later rather than having to ramp up to the next level. My only goal has been to manage MY extreme pain down to barely tolerable through accurate dosage and rigid scheduling which is every 6 hours now.

I can't tell anyone to do anything but I can report on what I feel is a positive course for ME.

Thanks again for all your studied input.

2Dee

1 like
Whimpy-p
Whimpy-p
in reply to 2dee

That’s fantastic in my opinion. I dislike the opioids so much .. good for you 2dee👏🏼🌵

Davidr1049

I have. been using cannabis (medical) for joint pain (no pun intended) for years and find that it is extremely useful with the nausea that I get with hormone therapy that I am on for Prostate cancer. I had been using Zofran during the day for extreme nausea from the hormone therapy with some relief when I discovered the almost immediate relief I get from 1-2 hits off of a cannabis joint. I am not "high" but certainly under the influence however the stomach issue is completely resolved . I refer to this issue as "I need to go for a walk" time. I have bee on Lupron and Bicalumate for 6 months and found this to be the only treatment I need to help with the nausea and wrenching.

1 like
Whimpy-p
Whimpy-p
in reply to Davidr1049

It works for me too. Take care ...

dbfrav

What a great topic to post. Cannabis is an absolute powerful medicine. As I mentioned in a previous post, due serious injuries I sustained in several major accidents over the years resulting in 11 spine surgeries with probably hundreds of Xrays in my pelvic region, cancer developed in my spine in 2007 for which I went through chemo and radiation. In 2013 I was diagnosed with PC with a PSA of 10 and Gleason of 4+4. I was given just 2 options at the time by my Uro at the time which were radical prostatectomy or weeks of external beam radiation.

I scoured the Internet and found a video of Rick Simpson's documentary "Run From The Cure". There I discovered RSO (Rick Simpson Oil). His protocol was to ingest 60 grams of true full spectrum cannabis oil over the course of 90 days. It's important to mention that back then and certainly before, there was no talk about cannabis oil or "CBD" oil. To condense, I followed the video's directions of how to make pure cannabis oil (RSO Oil). I won't mention what it took for me to find the raw product which was a 100% medicinal Indica strain but over a full pound of weed was needed. A pound of weed is a lot.

I began ingesting the oil at the recommended dosage and duration (3 months). Prior to this I had never smoked weed because smoking anything made me cough, so I never even smoked cigarettes as a teenager. Anyway, at the end of the 3 months I went back to my Uro and my PSA was less than 1. He wanted me to go through another biopsy to which I refused. I asked for an MRI which he agreed to and the MRI came back negative for any lesions and no evidence of prostate cancer.

But in addition to the cancer being put into what I call a seeming remission, I also experienced the following:

1) Prior to the cannabis oil ingestion, I had high blood pressure since my early 30's and was on meds. My blood pressure became lower. I no longer need the meds.

2) My big toe joint on my right foot has been painful and inflamed due to a crush injury 15 years earlier. The doctor told me at the time that it will probably turn into arthritis and perhaps gout. He was correct. The condition worsened to a point where I was unable to fully lace up my right boot, I had to walk in a way to shift my weight off that joint so consequently, I limped. However, in just 4 days of using the oil, my toe joint started feeling better and after the 3 month regimen, it was no longer inflamed and to this day my right boot is laced up tightly, my toe joint is no longer inflamed and the whole joint is pain free.

3) I've had severe hemorrhoids with rectal bleeding and pain for years. After less than a week using the oil I had no more bleeding, no more swelling and no more pain.

4) Due to the multiple vehicle crash injuries, I sustained multiple broken bones requiring several surgeries including 11 spine surgeries that rendered me unable to sit, walk or stand for long periods of time. I have had been in constant, intractable spine pain ever since. Over the years my conditions worsened and the pain kept me from being able to sleep. This started a full blown sleep disorder. Over the years I have been prescribed duralgesic pain patches, Oxycontin, Morphine, neurological pain meds and many other drugs as well as even trying acupuncture, none of which helped much. But after just 3 weeks of being on the oil, for the first time since 1998 my spine pain was gone.

5) The oil has cured my life long affliction of sinus problems including post nasal drip.

6) Due to a seat belt injury in the car crash my shoulder was broken and never healed right. I lost most of my range of motion and it was so sensitive that I couldn't lay on my left side in bed and needed assistance just putting a shirt on. I also had shooting and burning pain radiating up through my neck. After being on the oil for about 3 weeks, my shoulder and neck became totally pain free and my range of motion in my shoulder is almost 100%.

7) I had been on several different anti-depressants after my last spine surgery in 2007 as living in chronic pain will depress you....I have no need for the anti-depressants any more.

In addition, I was on many different prescription drugs. For pain (oxycontin, oxycodone), anxiety (Xanax), sleep (Ambien), nerve pain (Lyrica, Neurontin), antidepressant (Cymbalta), blood pressure (Tarka), statins for cholesterol, blood thinners and several others. I haven't had a pain pill in years and I am no longer on any prescription drugs. I then put myself on a maintenance dose of cannabis oil in the form a edibles (one half cookie before bed).

I must mention that although I give most of my health improvements to the credit of cannabis, I think it's also crucial to mention that along with the cannabis oil I also radically changed my diet to a wholly alkaline diet (anti-inflamatory) as well as a plethora of supplements including Curcumin, Liposomal vit C, Vit D&K to name a few, which I'm still on today. Cannabis is one of nature's most powerful anti-inflammatory plants and combined with proper nutrition, ones health will dramatically change.

As my first post states, after another tragedy in which I lost my entire family in 2017, I fell into deep depression and waned from my diet and the cannabis maintenance for over a year. After developing pain my hips I went to my Uro and found my PSA to be 47 with scans showing mets to hips, ribs and spine. He said I needed immediate treatment. I may be crazy but I told him I wanted to take 90 days to try a natural protocol I had researched using 35% hydrogen peroxide and Colloidal Silver which by the way has resulted in all symptoms of hip, rib and spine pain gone. But to be proactive I had an admissions consult via phone at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa last week and have an appointment on the 8th with their chief of Oncology as well as an R.O just in case scans show the cancer too far wide spread for diet, cannabis oil or any other natural treatment protocol to reign in. If not, I will go back on the full RSO protocol and keep on with the H2O2 and C.S. protocols.

I created a website promoting natural medicine of which cannabis is featured complete with actual before and after pictures of two of my friends who used RSO oil for their severe skin conditions, one of which was basal cell carcinoma. If anyone is interested in seeing the healing powers of cannabis please visit the site at plugintotheearth.org

2 likes
Whimpy-p
Whimpy-p
in reply to dbfrav

I rally in support of you!! Heal yourself .👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

billyboy3
billyboy3
in reply to dbfrav

stop with the bs, man, you are hurting so many by your false and unsubstantiated claims.

YOU DO NOT CURE PROSTATE CANCER NOR CAUSE IT TO REGRESS BY TAKING WEED!!!!!!!

johnscats

Hi nalakrats I took it had super results with it however illegal here at home couldn't get the proper stuff that I received in Germany which I believe was 3 to 1 thanks for the info and happy New year

1 like
Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to johnscats

It will be legal in all 50 States for medical purposes--Even Donald Trump is considering taking the Federal illegality, and dumping it. Major League Baseball announced it will not test players for its use.

Happy New Year

Nalakrats

2 likes
johnscats
johnscats
in reply to Nalakrats

Thanks but I live in Ireland happy New year and many of them

1 like
Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to johnscats

Wish I could visit as my Irish Wife has never been.

Nalakrats

1 like
MrEd44

Appreciate you sharing knowledge Nal!!

1 like
Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to MrEd44

That is my job! Hope I can bring a lot more in 2020.

Happy New Year!

Nalakrats

2 likes
billyboy3

HI:

I have to get in on this discussion, as once again, with almost zero scientifically backed studies, some are prescribing weed as the end all be all. On this issue Nals, I have to stand up and protest your using a long list of reasons to use pot, as some panacea for PC, when in fact, that is NOT the case, and I am opposed to you bringing forth your list of ad hoc so-called references and remedies as some sort of factual based outcomes, when these have NOT been supported by scientific means to confirm or refute, thereby creating confusion among us.

That is not right in my view, and just adds confusion among those who need our assistance, not to have yet another door opened, more stress by those seeking to address the growing list of ailments etc. that accompany our medical treatments and what to do about them, as well as getting more time from the use of different compounds.

Your throwing fuel on a fire that should not be set, at large until studies, just now starting to ramp up, confirm the results in a tested and documented way.

I regards to its usage, or for that matter any other drug or chemical, if you want to use it/them go ahead, but you should not propagate any usage until you have sound documentation to back it up, and references to some time in history as if they now hold some true result, sorry, this is what alternative guys use all the time, as they do NOT have the scientific data to support there claims.

This is 2020, we should have moved from having debates over alternative medical treatments, and instead focus on those with proven results.

I have seen the many, many bad side effects from smoking weed, and over the long term, for many, the results are not pretty.

That said, we are a subspecies of users wherein most of us will not be here for the long haul, and for some, it appears to help with pain control. If your ok living in a fog, and it works, then go for it.

I favour the less we introduce into our bodies, the better to enable it to fight off PC and other issues that arise. Adding drugs and other chemicals into our bodies, with NO proven results, can make it difficult, both for us and those who treat us.

There is no free ride and in our fight with PC, we have to use everything at our disposal to fight the war. I just do not think we should be promoting anything until we can back it up.

Nal, bring us scientific proof!!!

2 likes
Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to billyboy3

See my reply Billyboy!

hwynne
hwynne
in reply to billyboy3

Your faith in science needs to be examined from the reality that science is funded largely by profit making corporations, who will not invest the funds required to evaluate natural, un-patentable substances that God has placed on the planet for our use. Thousands of years of use (without the benefit of so called modern SCIENCE) of these substances combined with the wisdom from intelligent practitioners have given relief from all sorts of maladies (that even modern science has no answers for) for countless millions of souls over the millennia. I know God, His intelligent design of our bodies (which science little comprehends), and His benevolence in leaving us a natural pharmacy. Drugs are necessary for radical, short term, intervention; not for chronic states of system imbalance (aka “disease”). Their side effects are devastating, since they are not co-factored with all the other active elements found in nature. So, if you are injured, go see an allopathic doctor, but if you have chronic disease, you are better off searching for the root cause(s) of your impairments, and addressing them with natural substances, in my humble opinion.

1 like
billyboy3
billyboy3
in reply to hwynne

We are talking on this site about advanced prostate cancer, not a cold. I have been from one end of the planet to the other, from Chinese to amazon shamans,

THERE IS NO CURE FOR ADVANCED PROSTATE CANCER.

What there is are a number of scientifically proven treatments that will buy us time.

There are NO alternative medical treatments that have any major impact on the progression of pc, MOST are a waste of time and money-if you have lots, then go for it!!!

For those who are just scraping by, do NOT rely upon or spend your money on them.

Instead, live large, use that money to take a trip or four, and enjoy what time you have left, using all available scientifically treatments.

In regards to our medical setup, I too am not happy about our medical treatments for pc, but from the perspective that competition has resulted in a failure for the entire pc research community to build off of each other's works, and this IS and HAS delayed treatment modalities to the degree that we are still floundering around in the dark.

This is criminal in my view, but at the moment is the way it is. Sad.

3 likes
Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to hwynne

hwynne: Your words to billyboy3, are just so true, as if the Holy Spirit inspired you to write what you did. I did a post where I showed that the top 80% of our most popular drugs all started from nature. As a Multiple Degreed Chemist I am fully aware, of how the Drug and Allied Corporations, find a Natural Compound in nature which they cannot Patent, and with some easy manipulation/chemistry, create a close clone, that because this then is not found in Nature, becomes a unique compound that they can then Patent. billyboy denied God's instruction to Moses, clearly in the Torah, how to use Cannabis for medical reasons. Yes God designed our bodies in a way that Medical Science has not figured out--and they continue to play God themselves by finding ways to poison us, burn us, and sicken us with all sorts of Chemicals that did not kill the Mice in their studies. And they can then get Drug approval from our vile paid for and bought FDA, as long as they can prove a benefit for 50%or more of participants in a Clinical Trial---well what about the other 49%?

God assured us in His own words that He--->has placed upon the Earth all that mankind will ever need. He is the Creator of the Heavens and then the Earth and its 2 Lights. And by His very nature is the definition of infinity. I have laid prone hundreds of times Blessing Him, Extolling Him and Thanking Him for his Mercy and Grace. As well, I thank Him for providing the Holy Spirit, who has provided me with certain Wisdom's and Instructions, and Guidance's.

hwynne-->you made my day. May God Bless you, and Keep You, and Provide you with a Special Shalom.

Nalakrats

2 likes
billyboy3
billyboy3
in reply to Nalakrats

what a crock!!! More bs being spouted with no scientific proof to back it up. While there is no question that many of our drugs come from plants or derivatives therein, the fact is that there are NO drugs at present, plant of otherwise to cure prostate or any other cancer for that matter.

Whimpy-p
Whimpy-p
in reply to hwynne

Ageed😎

2dee
2dee
in reply to billyboy3

I have to agree with most of your post, however, I'm now over a year past my Dx 6 month expiration date and feel that I am improving every day. At least till I'm not.

I don't smoke, vape, or any other use to "get high". I likely can't wait a decade or so for a proper fully accepted studie(s) though I wish I could. I am not suggesting ALTERNATIVE treatment for anyone nor tout any cure but in MY narrow study of one my posts do claim that I feel my method of use DOES help control a lot of MY pain with the acceptance of MY docs. Though it can't be with their promotion or initiation in the US I don't think.

Thanks for your input, it's all good for our group discussions. I agree everything we read is confusing and some my not read enough to be confident in their OWN judgements.

Time, for most in this group is the biggest factor.

2Dee

1 like
billyboy3
billyboy3
in reply to 2dee

I do not refer to pain as an issue I have. What I object to is people posting on this site that they can cure or control advanced prostate cancer by the taking of various supplements and other chemicals, something that is FALSE and creates huge problems for those with APC who of course, will look for any treatment that they are told can help them. This site was set up to assist those in making the best scientifically proven medical treatments available and in the trail stages.

It is not for those pushing smoke and mirror kitchen made remedies that have NO scientific support as to their doing anything but wasting money and perhaps valuable time as some get sucked into this false world, as for some, time to get into active treatment may spell the difference between having only a few years vs many to live, and to ignore the facts but follow the path as some on this site have suggested, is a criminal act onto itself.

NOBODY should be putting posts on this site until and unless they can back up their claims with providing scientifically tested and published results in a real medical journal, not some ad hoc one made up by some who profess to have degrees but fail to note that these come from at best, some minimal educational facility or done from home wherein they get some piece of paper that says that they have degrees of one kind or another.

Sadly, this world is full of those who take advantage of others for their own personal gain, in one form or another, including some on this site.

Whimpy-p
Whimpy-p
in reply to billyboy3

Each to their own pathway of healing! 😎

ck722

Sour diesel. Everclear soaked buds, decarboxylated oil. Added coconut oil, placed in capsule. Taken rectally: no high. Lowered my PSA. Too late though, Gleason9. RP. Lowered a friend's PSA from 10.7 to 6.3 in two months. Post prostatectomy I am using it in hopes it keeps my PSA below .03.

If/when my PSA goes >.04 then my life will be changed. Cannabis is the ONLY thing that I know of that works to help beat down this demon cancer.

I do drink cacao and turmeric with pepper daily as added insurance. Love the taste too.

Goole luck to all on your journey and a joyful new year.

2 likes
rbtbrsrd
rbtbrsrd
in reply to ck722

Surgery July 2009, p3b, refused radiation and hormone treatment. Taking combined cannabis oil, from many strains in oral pill form. 200 to 400 mg at bedtime. Still have not reached nadir at <.006. All of my chronic conditions have vanished.

2 likes
ck722
ck722
in reply to rbtbrsrd

It makes no sense that it is still not federally legal so studies can be done.

Great pain killer too.

May God grant you a long reprieve from this demon.

2 likes
Whimpy-p
Whimpy-p
in reply to ck722

What about government does make sense???

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to rbtbrsrd

You are not the only one. I have had private messages from others, over the last 2 years, that have suggested similar results, one is disease free 12 years, starting out as a stage 4. It was this accumulated info, that caused me to Post. I do not prescribe its use, but it is obvious I leave the reader with enough info to study and make their own decisions.

Thanks for your anecdotal response. I hope many read it.

Nalakrats

2 likes
Whimpy-p
Whimpy-p
in reply to rbtbrsrd

Right on brother! Fantastico!

Whimpy-p
Whimpy-p
in reply to ck722

Hec yah!

MateoBeach

Thank you for this primer Nal. I look forward to the part 2.

1 like
dbfrav

BillyBoy3 -

The cost for pharmaceutical companies to conduct in depth testing, studies and clinical trials on a drug runs into the many millions of dollars and sometimes billions. The reason they are awarded patents when they are approved is so they can make their up front money back and then a profit afterwards. There is never going to be in depth studies, trials or any sort of experimentation done on cannabis or any other natural occurring substance because no one is going to front billions of dollars with no chance of return.

I am not engaging in the usual "bashing" the pharm industry like so many others do over their denying validity and ignoring millions of anecdotal claims of disease treating with natural substances and their true value in health care. As a businessman, I understand their position for wanting a return on investments.

When I got my first diagnosis of spine cancer over a decade ago I was young and trusting and thought only God knew more than a doctor. After going through chemo and rad and then contracting pseudomonis infection in my spine that ran up my spine into my brain while in the hospital that no anti-biotic was touching. I languished in trhat hospital for over 4 months with that infection and the S.E. from the battery of caustic antibiotics they were running through me IV including Vancomycin. it was my elderly mother who began doubting the superhuman status of the doctors and began doing her own research at the library (she had no Internet). She said she remembered as a child her grandfather using Colloidal Silver to kill any infection and to heal any wound when she was a child. He library research confirmed that C.S. was used in wound dressings in the Civil War as well as through history.

So she came in my hospital room one day with a nasal inhaler and told me to inhale the mist. She made me do this every 2 hours. That psuedomonis infection was out of me within a week. That was when I started believing in natural elements on this Earth that can cure disease. My mother also made a salve of C.S. and gave it to my aunt for her diabetic ulcer that would not heal. After the application of the C.S. dressings, she was healed again within a week.

So when I was diagnosed with PC in 2013 I wanted to give every natural substance I could find that claimed healing before I submitted to the few conventional treatments I was offered. Cannabis worked for me. But it wasn't "Smoking it". Smoking has very little medicinal benefits especially with serious disease. Many of the medicinal cannabinoids and terpenes go up in smoke. The only way to get full benefit of the plant is by ingesting the true full spectrum cannabis oil (RSO)...CBD is only utilizing one of the main cannabinoids although I am not saying it can't be beneficial but it's not going to cure cancer. THC is a known cancer cell killer among other cannabinoids and terpines that are not in CBD.

I joined a prostate cancer forum back in 2013 and reported what the cannabis did for my early stage (contained) prostate cancer along with the long list of other physical benefits that I included in my post above. I was thrown off the forum for "promoting untested substances that have not been proven effective by the FDA"

I was pissed because what if just one other person was led to cannabis because of my post and he/she gained some health benefits of any sort, if not an outright success treatment for their cancer? But them throwing me off, that would now never happen.

So years later, my cancer is back like a wild fire. But so far I've had 6 years with my prostate and a full life with it. Had I just followed my docs orders I'd have no prostate today and could very well still be in the same position I am today with stage 4 prostate cancer.

But I'm not trashing conventional treatment either. That's why I'm here. At this stage of my disease I'm still trying alternative means but I realize that to control this fire now I may need some help. I'm realizing I may need to get the gland yanked and start hormones and rad. That will be my last choice though and only when I am convinced I have to. I'm having seemingly good results with the oral H2O2 and Colloidal Silver inhalation and I am researching the Joe Tippens (Fenbendazole) protocol too. I have an appointment at a Cancer Center next week and have an open mind for all options but my common sense is what I will never let go of.

Friends have said to me in aghast"OMG! How can you drink Hydrogen Peroxide?" Well first , I say, It's food grade and it's diluted in distilled water. But still they think I'm insane. But they have been programmed that shooting an IV of pure poison that often compromises the very mechanism that heals the human body, the "Immune System" is absolutely fine.

Before joining this forum I spent a week or so exploring posts. I found many open minds and people of great diversified knowledge many of whom supported natural treatment in tandem with their conventional. That's why I joined and am happy to get all information there is out there instead of just a group of guys talking about the few conventional options that the medical industry touts.

7 likes
HiddenThis reply has been deleted
billyboy3
billyboy3
in reply to Hidden

to correct, it is not complementary if it does not work and is not supported by and having gone through the testing and monitoring of results, not ad hoc bs that encompasses the majority of alternative medicine in relation to cancer.

Whimpy-p
Whimpy-p
in reply to dbfrav

For most of us stage #4 fellows conventional treatments were taken to survive. Cannabis helps with the after affects of treatments. I don’t protest the pharma I’ve done . I don’t like the greed of big pharma..

2 likes
billyboy3
billyboy3
in reply to dbfrav

your one of the guys I have ranted about, who believed the nonsense about various home remedies for pc, and now find that it was all bs. I can advise that had you started aggressive treatment with scientifically supported drug regimen, you would be in a better place than where you are.

dbfrav
dbfrav
in reply to billyboy3

I never stated that I used "weed" to cure cancer. I stated that I used a natural protocol in which the main constituent was "Medicinal Grade RSO full spectrum Cannabis Oil". That is not "weed".

What worked for me has worked for others too but not everyone, just as some conventional methods work for some but not others. In any case, I'll never allow myself to be stifled from telling my true experiences that are backed by my own medical records to anyone I feel may benefit.

There always has and always will be people who refuse to open their closed minds and think for themselves yet bash those of us who do.

I as well as others stated in this post of why there has never been nor will there ever be any scientific medical studies, trials or clinical experimentation with any alternative treatment, because they cannot be patented and profited from. You should open up a bit and research testimonies on your own of the many thousands of people who have been greatly helped with their stage 4 cancers and some even cured by natural and alternative methods. The Joe Tippens story is one of the latest and most inspiring.

And don't judge me, saying I "would be in a better place than I am now had I started aggressive treatment with scientifically supported drug regimen". Who are you to make such an arrogant statement? I don't regret a thing I've done or haven't done over the past 6 years. My mind isn't closed to conventional treatment as yours is to anything but. And my current and future treatments will be decided on by my own research, my own common sense and wherever God leads me.

1 like
Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to dbfrav

A-Men, and Double A-Men in trusting in God and taking direction from the Holy Spirit who provides us with the Wisdom and Guidance we need if we would just stop and listen. I assume BB3 is one of those tree huger's.

Nalakrats

2 likes
carbide

Thank you for this informative post.

1 like
Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to carbide

You are welcome!

Nalakrats

Hotrod65

Use of Cannabis and CBD oils is a very individual decision...myself, would only resort to it in EOL situation when all hope is lost and I needed cancer pain relief...I'm an Unprecedented responder to Immunotheraphy for 4 yrs now and not going to add something to my treatment Regimines that is not proven at so many levels....Fight on.!

1 like
CrocodileShoes

Can I ask which immunotherapy has worked so well for your PCa?

Hotrod65

Pembrolizimab/Keytruda....only because I am NEPC with a Hypermutated HBM.

1 like
lewicki
lewicki
in reply to Hotrod65

what is NEPC and HBM?

Thanks

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to lewicki

Neuroendocrine Prostate Cancer---Have no idea about what HBM stands for.

Nalakrats

Hotrod65
Hotrod65
in reply to lewicki

Genomic Hypermutated HBM...High Burden Mutation.

lewicki
lewicki
in reply to Hotrod65

what is NEPC andHBM ? thanks

carbide
carbide
in reply to Hotrod65

I respect that. 👍

1 like
Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to Hotrod65

I would not add anything either--take the blessing and run with it.

Nalakrats

1 like
lewicki
lewicki
in reply to Nalakrats

what is the name of the ADT you take that gets out of your system fast before vacation?

Thanks

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to lewicki

Vantas Implant--gets out in about 45-60 days---not 6 months when you start a vacation.

Whimpy-p
Whimpy-p
in reply to Hotrod65

When I started , almost all hope was lost ...Doctors said I’d be dead by now . Now they say I’ve got 40 years left. They were wrong on both accounts. No way I’ll last 40 years castrated with no t... cannabis is my only relief.. Take care Hotrod65...😂

Hotrod65
Hotrod65
in reply to Whimpy-p

How old at diagnosis? Now?...

1 like
Whimpy-p
Whimpy-p
in reply to Whimpy-p

Typo 30 not 40 .sorry .. was 53 now 58

tallguy2

Thanks for posting this, Nalakrats. One of the states we reside in has legal marijuana. I have friends who had cancer pain relief from the THC. While I will never, ever smoke the stuff (both my parents died of complications from 60+ years of smoking, mCRPCa, breast cancer, COPD, etc.), I have the drops on the list for when the time comes.

1 like
Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to tallguy2

When you think you are ready check in-lets discuss. What State are you in?

Nalakrats

2 likes
tallguy2
tallguy2
in reply to Nalakrats

East TN Nov-May; CO May-Nov. When you get back from fishing we should meet up for lunch in Asheville.

1 like
Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to tallguy2

This sounds like we can make it happen--I get back about March 1st. I may be having back surgery/hope not--if not at least another nerve block. Why not get together with me and Patrick Oshea--we do a number of research lunches--where we go back and forth on old and new protocols/drugs/supplements/etc. We sometimes have a visitor join. Or if you prefer we can do a one on one.

Nal.

2 likes
tallguy2
tallguy2
in reply to Nalakrats

The more the merrier. Happy New year 2020!

1 like
Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to tallguy2

We typically meet for 3-4 hours. Happy New Year to you.

Nalakrats

2 likes
tallguy2
tallguy2
in reply to Nalakrats

Works for me. I can send my wife shopping while we chat.

1 like
SuppWife
SuppWife
in reply to Nalakrats

What a great group.

Color me jealous 😊

I trust y’all will come back and share all the highlights.

2 likes
billyboy3
billyboy3
in reply to Nalakrats

YOU ARE CLEARLY SOLICITING BUSINESS ON THIS SITE, WHICH IS AGAINST THE RULES OF ITS OPERATING. I urge you to stop this nonsense, as you do not have a medical license to allow you to practise medicine.

Rsdutcher7

My husband has been experiencing GREAT CHANGE AND HEALING after starting CBD/THC. We have not gone about it uneducated so I will include resources and recommended protocols from professionals.

1) use endocannahealth.com with your personalized DNA to find out what is BEST for you.

2) Get consultation from amazing Bio-chemist, Steve to guide you (https://www.drnasha.com)

3) Find a CLEAN source (like use RSOCALIFORNIA) suppositories and Charlotte’s Web CBD Oil (ships everywhere)

4) In order to have it be very effective drink “golden milk” with added Ghee ...you need FAT and curcumin and black pepper to make absorb.

5) take 4 days off a month if you are type that gets addicted and build up a tolerance (according to DNA report)

6) take :30-60 before bed, put on a diaper and enjoy 10-12 hours of sleep!

7) IF you need to cut the high then drink warm lemon water in AM

And lastly...dose up SLOWLY so you don’t sleep for 3 days straight when you start!

1 like
Nalakrats

I love you in a way you do not know.

Thanks for the post

Nalakrats

2 likes
Whimpy-p
Whimpy-p
in reply to Rsdutcher7

How does that golden milk taste? 🙏🏼

Rsdutcher7
Rsdutcher7
in reply to Whimpy-p

You can find lots of recipes online and make a batch of paste & leave in fridge and just add milk (we use almond or coconut cream) before drinking.

We use Gaia Golden Milk powder which adds dates as sweetener. And We add Ghee.

Turns out the only mice/rats that lost brain cells in studies were ones with a low-fat diet. The FAT is key for brain protection (tell your kids, haha!)

1 like
Whimpy-p
Whimpy-p
in reply to Rsdutcher7

Thank you !😎

Myriammole

I agree on the positivity of cannabis in a lot of ways, also if not a cure, but anyway, thinking holistically there is not a single magic pill or treatment.

I was just thinking about my husband doing now the Wim Hof breathing and having similar effects to when he was taking cannabis.

The idea is that we can create our own cannabinoids with this technique, which also makes our blood more alkaline and helps our immune system.

He is also doing the cold showers.

Nalakrats

We have our own Cannabinoid receptors as per my Post. And our Pca cells have receptors for these also. You work your own program, as I do---wish you all luck---I hate cold showers!

Nalakrats

Myriammole

Me too. But it seems that after a while you feel warm...

The respiratory program is interesting and easy to do, would be worth a try.

lewicki

Thanks

Kevinski65

Do you have training in science? You sound like you do.

Nalakrats

Yes--BS in Chem, Masters, in Organic Synthesis Chem, Masters, In Food Chemistry, and one in Diet and Nutrition. Honorary Doctorate, In Plastics Chemistry and 6 publications. + 50 years of Naturopathy involvements--not to be discussed. Food Chemistry at some Universities is referred to as Food Science.

Nalakrats

Kevinski65

My wife has hairy cell leukemia. She's been through most of the treatments. She's getting vermurafanib right now but I fear it won't be enough. I wonder if complementary medicine would help. It's a rare leukemia chronic B cell malignancy. I believe complementary helped me but this is so different. Hairy cells fill the bone marrow and u die of that. Like drowning in cancer cells. Any thoughts u could share? It is caused by 'roundup'. She worked in a tree and shrub nursery for 2 years.

billyboy3
billyboy3
in reply to Nalakrats

I say lets have you post where you got all of your litany of degrees came from, because unless you are 150 years old, you could not have gotten them from any recognized REAL secondary education facility, but instead, from the same ones that you are ashamed of for as you say "not to be discussed" etc. cannot give advice, when in fact you do just that constantly.

Most alternative and useless medicine practitioners come from those who could not get into a real university, and have these phoney "degrees" after taking a few courses on kitchen adhoc medicine.

Be gone I say or stop peddling your nonsense to those in need.

RonnyBaby

I'm a bit late in my timing, but I appreciate the effort you took/take to get a discussion and address some factual evidence of medical cannabis.

I grow my own medicine as a licensed/legal user in Canada. I have had experience to date with several strains in a home made tincture form using olive oil and/or MCT oil.

I know that the medicine has helped me get through a lot more than the PCa.

I'm also a user of select supplements that have worked for me over a period of time and the good news about the supplements is that they're all basically herbal in nature.

I don't react well to prescription drugs and have managed to keep that down to two only.

One that I suggest some people look at is low dose naltrexone for chronic pain management

which has worked wonders on me !

My arthritis is manageable with my CBD tincture, low dose naltrex & THC tincture(s).

I also add (best bio-available) the curcumin - omega3 - Vit B Complex - Magnesium Complex

chaga and reishi mushrooms - lycopene - ashwaghanda - melatonin & misc herbals for sleeping AND eat resonably well etc ...

I grow varied strains based on the genetics and specific features I'm trying to target and I keep learning - all this in about 2 yrs. My goal is to get the best CBD strain(s) for MY daily consumption. I have no commercial ambitions whatsoever.

I'm also trying to fine tune an night time recipe that has some THC and couch lock / sleepy time for the insomniac in me. I have a family history of insomnia - ALL of us - I hope to solve it - in the meantime, getting about 4 hrs a night is at least acceptable - I can function OK seeing as I'm so used to it.

The biggest surprise was my own CBD tincture. I grew a strain called 'Nightingale' which is known for very high CBD %. The strain is known for arthritic (anti-inflammatory) pain relief

above all and also helps with sleep without causing any drowsiness - just calming.

The point is what you buy from a source might not be the best strain or 'brand' for you.

Grow your own is the best.

May the research continue - thnxs !

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to RonnyBaby

Welcome Aboard!

Nalakrats

daleboy3

Your topic on cannabis is great 👍

Kevinski65

This may help my wife who has hcl. They recently found out she has SCURVY. She took a neutropenic diet too far. Anyway, I'm trying to talk her into this as it is legal Massachusetts. Now that they're giving her 2000 mgs of vitamin C she's responding to standard treatment, but she has little appetite and had nausea. I'd like to try it too but I've heard smoking it can exacerbate prostate cancer. So eating it is what people are doing. The use of Simpson oil, edibles are the way to use it. For nausea small amounts of smoke inhaled from a plastic bag works. It's how they do it in Israel for nausea.

You may also like...