Nalakrats Returns Officially Today Fr... - Advanced Prostate...

Advanced Prostate Cancer
8,908 members10,048 posts

Nalakrats Returns Officially Today From Sabbatical

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
69 Replies

I really needed this 90 day sabbatical. I do it once a year. Talking, researching and reading posts about Pca 7 days a week wears me out. I have to remind myself, I am 76, and I am not cured of this disease. For me I consider my participation here a Ministry.

Some of you messaged me, to have a great vacation, or to catch a lot of fish. Truly I spent the 90 days, relaxing, resting, gym work 4 days a week, sunbathing, to add extra Vitamin D3, extra Prayer time, and working the Garden.

Need final bloodwork at the end of November, to feel comfortable to take off for fishing in Florida for 10 weeks. Maybe this time I can get an alligator for Gusgold. My treatment has held, and I was not in need of Pca treatment beyond what I do, while on sabbatical. As of this week I am still PSA undetectable, and planning another Years' Primary Drug Vacation, as I did in 2018. Planning to start posting very soon.

I decided to add an Avatar Picture--which is up to date. My wife thinks I am much more handsome than Tall_Allen, and that my hair is better. Of course she is prejudice. In seriousness Who by the way, is glad to be back here/or to be here? I am not glad to actually be back. I Pray Daily for a cure or a durable remission to be found for all the world's Pca journeymen. May it be so!

Nalakrats

69 Replies
oldestnewest
Stegosaurus37

It would be wonderful if we all could not be in a position to comeback to posting. Bt we are glad to have you back; your posts are always thought-provoking and informative.

6 likes
keepinon

Welcome back! You may not be glad to be back, but I am sure most of us here are because your insight and information is much appreciated and helpful. Plus of course misery loves company!

6 likes
greatjohn

Summer holidays are the best...90 days, I only dream, but I enjoyed our 5 week adventure in spite of it ending up a cross-country tour of Emergency rooms ...lol.

John

7 likes
GreenStreet

Welcome back. We appreciate your research and insight. I am very glad that you remain PSA undetectable and had a great vacation. Your trip to Florida is something to look forward to.

6 likes
tceinvestments

You knowledge is so valuable to all of us.

Thank you.

5 likes
Bob10

Welcome back

4 likes
paige20180

Welcome back. I love reading your thoughtful posts. You give me hope!

4 likes
Karmaji

Welcome back....

Nala in sanskrit is cosmic link or prayer of Ganesh...

So keep link with life force

And keep sharing..

.In cosmic space we are same and one...even one disappears

No pc no life no death

But just dance of siva...

A joy peeking into your inner window......ask your wife to keep window open...

7 likes
siouxbee19
siouxbee19
in reply to Karmaji

That was exquisitely beautiful! <3

1 like
Ralph1966

Welcome back Nalakrats.

We missed you :)

5 likes
Rob1053

Welcome back. I hold you continue to hold fast. Your expertise is appreciated!

2 likes
Seebs9

Love ya Bruda!

2 likes
Cynthgob

I am glad you are back! I know you spend a lot of time on this and for that I am grateful

3 likes
tango65

Welcome back. We all love to have you back.

Best of luck.

3 likes
cloc

You are an amazing man and I appreciate your dedication and time. I love that you describe this as a Ministry bc unselfishly giving of your time is special and much of your energy and time dedicated to helping others, offering suggestions and researching. Thank you and God Bless you! 🙏🙏🙏

5 likes
LearnAll

WELCOME BACK ...I truly enjoy your messages...

3 likes
Garbonzeaux

Hey Nalakrats,

Come to Louisiana instead. The fishing is pretty good here, too, and we definitely have gators.

3 likes
gecko09

I also pray for everyone to be cured. And I pray for 15 more years so I can raise my son. My PSA is undetectable and my CEA is low (started midrange but has slowly crept lower and is now 1/3 the level of my wife's CEA). How do we know if we are cured of PrC? I am assuming never. Might be gone might not. Puts me in limbo and I have to keep following therapies.

5 likes
Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to gecko09

The CEA Blood Test, is usually a marker used for Intestinal Cancers, and Colon Cancers--for all others it usually is a response from normal cells living next to cancer cells. Might be an interesting marker, if you are undetectable as to PSA. It may indicate as it rises that your undetectable Pca cells, are waking up. I do not literally mean waking up, as they are always up--but in a state of very low metabolism. So can this be a precursor Blood Test that can indicate a return to a higher level of living for the undetectable cancer cell is about to happen? I do not know much more on this subject. Put it on my to find out to do list--which means I may do some research on this.

Nalakrats

2 likes
gecko09
gecko09
in reply to Nalakrats

Thanks. I was looking for some type of cancer marker that would give me some insight into my cancer. PSA is digital in my case. 0 doesn't give me much info.

1 like
henukit
henukit
in reply to gecko09

CEA ended up a better marker in my case as it's more sensitive and timely while PSA was lagging. I will post graphs of both sometime but it was really educational and illustrative to see how we are all different and markers that don't make sense for some end up being critical for others. And no, I don't have an intestinal cancer. My CEA went from 300 fold back to normal after the radiation treatment of three bone lesions that became very painful. The CEA rose much earlier and PSA followed, so if we reacted to raising CEA I would not go into the severe pain territory. By the time PSA rose, those lesions were as painful as nails being pounded into the live bone. I got three independent MO opinions and all them said it's not likely a NE differentiation (we also had a biopsy earlier) but surely an indicator of disease aggressiveness. Go figure.

gecko09
gecko09
in reply to henukit

Is everything under control now? Please post those graphs when you have time. I'd love to see them. Thanks!

Rexwaterbury

Welcome back. I envy your hiatus. Plan on one myself if I can rid myself of all these oncologists.

1 like
Nalakrats

Easy to get rid of---Fire them, and get new ones that are more progressive, and willing to think outside of the typical Silo of SOC. There is an old story I may have told here--I do not remember. Where I was in a severe Cardiac Situation in 1994--and I got into an argument of how I was to be treated by the head of Cardiology. He reminded me he was head KING and he was going to do it his way. So in ICU, I took out 3 IV lines and got out of bed--and explained to him, I was now going to pick him up and throw him out a closed window. Well he ran down the hall with me chasing him. Never caught him. Next Doc came into my room, after I put my lines back into my arm, and asked if he could sit and have a conversation with me. I told him, as long as I have an Input, he could stay. Anyway--in 2008 I was declared free of any and all heart disease. And have not had an annual check up since. The last Cardiologist said he is wasting his time, and not wanting to even stress test me. They cannot reach the level of activity[Heart Rate], I cause 3-4 days a week in the Gym.

Not bragging, just saying, by the above example---> sometimes the patient is right. You should be in control of your own destiny, if you can. The funny thing when I was discharged from the Hospital about 8 days later, in 1994,the 2nd cardiologist--asked me where I got my Medical Training. I did not answer---but should have said from GOD!

Nalakrats

6 likes
Rexwaterbury

Good story. You are indeed quite the rebel.

depotdoug
depotdoug
in reply to Nalakrats

Really a true cardiac trooper. In the ICU and upset at your cardiologist. Fire him that’s an excellent response.

Where did you get IV line educated? I want to be trained in doctor conversation etiquette. Thxs Nalakrats.

bellyhappy58

Welcome back...By the way, you look great for a 76-year-old. God bless

3 likes
Blueslover

Welcome back and I really appreciate your making time for study, and to help others. God Bless you

2 likes
Lulu700

Welcome Back Nal .

depotdoug

Undetectable and knowledgable. What an excellent pair of medical complex life words. I’m a new PCa advanced guy. Love, like cherish and absorb all the support knowledge here. Depotdoug

Magnus1964

Welcome back. I have missed your comments and advice.

1 like
Schwah

Nice to have ya back kid....

Schwah

1 like
Patrick-Turner

Hi there Nalakrats,

I do hope your little 90 day sabbatical has led you to greater wisdom, something very difficult to achieve as we age because of at least 4 things I can think of :-

1. The olda we get, the betta we woz.

2. If trouble expends enormous effort to occur, then it is inevitable, which dulls any regrets.

3. When allowing life to continue over 50, there is big possibility we learn less than we are forgetting, so by 100 we know nothing.

4. Always smile when pictures are taken, to avoid this cruel world thinking we are grumpy old men.

It looks like your Ministry of Pca title and undetectable Psa inspires jealousy amoung your worshipping cohorts.

"My kingdom for a horse! " cried Richard,

And he might have also yelled "and a low Psa".

Patrick Turner.

3 likes
Tub111

Welcome back Nalakrats! You look amazing!!!

Sheri (cheerleader for you all now)

3 likes
alangeorge

Reply to Nalakrats

People go where they are needed and stay where they are appreciated... I guess you are in the right place.

Thank You!! Alan

CrocodileShoes

You are my inspiration. I am in complete agreement that we have to be responsible for our own health. And you are a shining example of what that looks like. Welcome back..

Tippler

Shabbat Shalom from a gentile! Very happy to have you back!

GranPaSmurf

Thank you Minister. And hence, we learn, and develop our own ministry.

BTW, I know that cardio guy. Or a dozen more just like him.

Dig into that 'need to learn more about' list and keep teaching us.

Welcome home.

EdBar

You’ve been missing out on some great fishing bro, glad you’re back.

Ed

cigafred

Ditto

dockam

Welcome back to the forum, we truly value your input. The Sage is back, Long live the Sage

Litlerny

Welcome back, Nal. Your wit and wisdom was missed during your little vacation from this forum. I hope you got some much needed rest and a recharge, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Good to have you back, but as you alluded to, maybe one day we can all take a permanent vacation from it when they find a cure for advanced PCa. Hopefully, that’s not just a pipe dream. Great pic. You don’t look 76. 😎

podsart

Welcome back! Glad you had good time off and things are going well.

Do you have a new release date for your much anticipated report

on Pca senescence?

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to podsart

No 1st up is Cholera Vaccine, more on D3, and what you ask for--will require picking up the sticks, counting what I have and if there is more under belly research, I can delve into that has occurred in the time I was away!

Nalakrats

1 like
podsart
podsart
in reply to Nalakrats

Thanks

I believe u already got the cholera vaccine

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to podsart

I do not see a Cholera Vaccine Post on my posting list, relative to comparison between the alternatives, out there, and other info--I think what you saw is me replying to someone--I believe I replied to NPfisherman.

Nalakrats

podsart
podsart
in reply to Nalakrats

ok

Boywonder56

Could of played a english spy....

SPEEDYX

Welcome back your input is always thought provoking

depotdoug

It would be great if you could point me in the right direction about my decision to do a CT ABDOMEN & pelvis and NM BONE SCAN Dec5th. That’s with my 1st MO. I’m not going to him now. Hope you can find my Dilemma post. It’s from Depotdoug. Me. Thxs. Doug

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to depotdoug

It was deleted.

Kupinternet

Welcome back!

1 like
depotdoug

My question is still active from 22hrs ago. I’ve got replies from from others like larry_dammit and Tall_allen. The thing is I tried to copy that original message and re-post it. My iPhone or the system will not let that happen. I’ll try my Dell Super PC in an hour.

I’m trying to be a patient patient. Tough for an energized exercising compulsion 67 yo guy,

Standby

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to depotdoug

Just re-ask the question!

Nalakrats

Cmdrdata

Welcome back. Even if you are “cured” I’d still like to see yours and TA’s contributions to this forum.

1 like
WSOPeddie
WSOPeddie
in reply to Cmdrdata

Yes indeed, but let's not forget to mention our other resident sage -- Patrick. His advice on iodine supplementation straightened me out.

1 like
JimVanHorn

Good to hear from you again. My D3 is down to 24 and I have been on 50,000 Units twice a week for 9 months now. It just will not come back to above 30.

Kaliber

Good to see you back brother Nal , obviously you are much loved here. 👍👍👍

j-o-h-n

Good Luck, Good Health and Good Humor.

j-o-h-n Saturday 11/02/2019 12:21 PM DST

4 likes
Fanger1

Welcome back from your break. Nalakrats. Glad you're doing well and I hope you have good fishing!

tallguy2

Welcome back. You have been missed. Looking forward once again to your participation in this forum. We should do lunch in Asheville sometime this winter (I am near Knoxville).

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to tallguy2

pjoshea13 is here also. We are probably going to get together for one of our sessions in December--we have lunch in Asheville.

Nalakrats

Vitaminlover

Welcome back and please post as often as possible!

1 like
SuppWife

So glad to see you back.

Sunlight12

Welcome back, Nalakrats! Great avatar, too! :-)

-Sunlight

Haniff

Welcome back Nalakrats

Good to have you on board again.

My very best to you.

Haniff

Nalakrats
Nalakrats
in reply to Haniff

Shalom!

1 like
Sherpa111