McLelland Metro Map (how to starve ca... - Advanced Prostate...

Advanced Prostate Cancer
8,496 members9,470 posts

McLelland Metro Map (how to starve cancer) closing pathways with off-label and supplements, updated with the abbreviations

Starving stem cells: McLelland survived stage 4 cervical cancer (since 1999) AND later leukemia (caused by therapy to 1st cancer) putting together a cocktail of off-label drugs and nutraceutical supplements in an attempt to block the pathways that cancer stem cells use for fuel. This metabolic approach effectively “starved” her cancer of its fuel (glucose, glutamine, and fat) and she healed herself.

The idea is to block all the pathways at the same time. Many drugs already known like Metformin, Statin, Berberine, as well as antiworm drugs, low dose antibiotic, and other supplements.

Prostate cancer should be more on the fat and glutamine pathway, but for advanced prostate cancer also glucose pathway should be blocked.

Interesting book "How to starve cancer" and also FB group.

Here the abbreviations:

Metabolic Pathways

Glucose Pathways:

Glut 1= Glucose Transporter 1, Insulin, PP Pathway= Pentose Phosphate Pathway, OXPHOS= Oxidative Phosphorylation, Aerobic Glycolysis

Glutamine/Amino Acid Pathways

IGF-1= Insulin like growth factor-1, Gln OXPHOS= Glutamine oxidative phosphorylation, mTOR= mammalian target of rapamycin, Macropinocyctosis (Autophagy) Nucleoside Salvage (Autophagy), Glutaminolysis, Acetate Pathway

Fatty Acid Pathways

SREBP-1= Sterol Regulating End Binding Protein-1, SREBP-2= Sterol Regulating End Binding Protein-2, ACLY= ATP Citrate Lyase, F.A.S.= Fatty Acid Synthesis, F.A.O= Fatty Acid Oxidation, Mevalonate Pathway

TREATMENTS (written in colour)

MET= Metformin, TAM= Tamoxifen, BERB= Berberine, DOXY= Doxycycline, NICL=Niclosamide, CHLQ= Chloroquine, DPM= Dipyridamole, EGCG= Epigallocatechin Gallate, URS= Ursolic Acid, CUR= Curcumin, RES= Resveratrol, L-ASP= Asparaginase, BPTES= bis-2-(5-phenylacetamido-1,2,4-thiadiazol-2-yl)ethyl sulphide, MIL=Mildronate, IVC= intravenous vitamin C, 2DG= 2-Deoxyglucose, DCA= Dichloroacetate, 3BP=3-Bromopyruvate, Low GI= Low Glycaemic Diet, CHR= chromium picolinate, QUERC= Quercetin

58 Replies
oldestnewest

This will make Nal smile!!! It’s right up his alley!!!😉😉😉

We are just reading the book. Slow going as it is so dense with info.

Love it---would like to have the total Supplement program used--as then I can put in my boxes that which I know. The ones mentioned--already standard fare for me. I will have a lot to say later, about Stem Cells. It is not really starving them--it is IMO the wrong terminology. Because if you really starve them they die. In the case of Pca we seem to never get rid of our Pca cells---so I call it not allowing the Stem Cells, or the Tumor Initiating Cells, from getting a [protein signal to activate], and to start producing clones, of the original cancer cell. This explains how a man can go 25 years of being undetectable, as to PSA, and then be dead a year later from Prostate Cancer.

Nalakrats

3 likes

In this book you have only the metabolic pathways general to all cancers. What I like that it is divided by pathway so I can know which pathway we did not target.

Still some off-label drugs can have too much side effects.

A guy from her FB group sent me a list adding specific prostate cancer pathways. I cannot send it here, but could email you (not sure it will add anything to you).

You can send via messenger.

Nalakrats

Don't know how to attach a file

Ask here--I do not either. I am a simple man!

Nalakrats

Why not just post it here?

it's a word file. but I found a solution.

Hello Myriam Mole could you kindly email the Myriammolein reply to Nalakrats

3 months ago

Per your reference in Jane McLelland's book.....In this book you have only the metabolic pathways general to all cancers. What I like that it is divided by pathway so I can know which pathway we did not target.

Still some off-label drugs can have too much side effects.

A guy from her FB group sent me a list adding specific prostate cancer pathways. I cannot send it here, but could email you (not sure it will add anything to you).

COULD YOU KINDLY EMAIL ME THE LIST OF THE SPECIFIC PROSTATE CANCEL PATHWAYS TO JAYBECKER1@GMAIL.com (MANY THANKS) JayPCPatient on HealthUnlocked

It si from there that I got the list! So we have the same one. There is a little FB group only prostate cancer with McLelland approach : m.facebook.com/groups/50197...

I agree starving is not right pathway....

Pca cells and cancer stem cells will always be there....as any cell and stem cell has inherent potential to become cancer cell.....same for humans...law abiding citizen has the potential to become rebel......

So approach should be strengthen working of cells and block the path way for cell to become cancerous ..... How to do it ....I dont know....

diet health living but stays hidden karmic load of ancestors....

But still Jane approach is to be fully kept in place......that means stop feeding these rebels without cutting off food for good cells.....

An art of dealing with cancer ....very personalized and unique though there is some common base ....

Stand up and keep non stop check with our inner feeling along with medical know how

Reading very carefully now. About 2/3 through. I've been working on my diet and lifestyle changes since my heart bypass in 2001. It evolves as I learn more.

My PCa support group recommended this excellent book.

I think all of us in an advanced stage IV state should explore alternative means since the med system has deemed us incurable though they can sometimes extend our life they have no cure yet. Most MOs don't really believe that diet has much to do with any delay or quality of life improvement. I disagree.

2Dee

Yes! A guy from her FB group sent me a list he did for a sort of "Metro Map" for prostate cancer. I can send you per mail if you wish.

2 likes

I would like to receive the list please. My mail s_rassu@yahoo.com.sg

I would like it also please. rodkerr@telus.net

would love to see that too as am not on FB - thank you! emilygdruce@gmail.com

thanks

humyriam@dduffy.biz will work.

2Dee

Kvcomm@msn.com

Bchicoine44@gmail.com please and thank you very much

I'd love a copy as well. pkbreithaupt@gmail.com

I'm in the fb group and going through the book. Finding it fascinating.

wynnsts@gmail.com I also would like a copy if possible. Thanks for sharing...

I request a copy to BruceHavell@gmail.com, with thanks.

I would like to receive the list please! I also just started reading the book and am on the FB group as well. This is for my husband with advanced prostate cancer in lymph nodes and may be in bones. He just had a scan yesterday. I am very excited about the information. It makes sense and may be a good option. THANK YOU!!

Email: starship1942@aol.com

I sent you the list. You can also join the FB page – Prostate Cancer-Latest Research and Treatments, I got it there.

Hi Myriammole,

May I have the list too. My email: abdhaniff@gmail.com

Thanks in advance :)

My best regards,

Haniff

Hi Myriam

I would love to see the list too please at

rossjenhu@gmail.com

I'm sure it would speed up my own summarizing of things based on Jane's book.

Thanks in advance

Ross

Could you also mail it to us please - normroz@chariot.net.au

Much appreciated.

Cancer uses "saturated fat" to travel around the body. So, the book says at the outset.

I have two spoonfuls of coconut oil in my green tea every morning. The coconut oil is 100% organic, extra virgin and cold pressed. Its supposed to be excellent for health in general. It is rich in saturated fat.

However, since cancer uses "saturated fat" as a vehicle to travel around the body, will this be bad for me ?? Any thought out ideas ?? Thanks much.

I'm trying to picture how that works, as saturated fat is a very tiny molecule relative to a cancer cell. It sounds like an elephant travelling around by riding a chihuahua. But silly thoughts aside...

... my thinking is some things are so ubiquitous and widely used by normal cells in the body that they make a poor mechanism for specifically targeting cancer cells. For example, cancer uses oxygen but holding your breath is not going to selectively kill it. In fact, from what I've read when a tumor has a poor oxygen supply it's more likely to shed cells and form more metastases.

So all that said, it's not possible to eliminate saturated fat from your body, as even if you eliminate it from your diet your body will still make saturated fat from excess carbs, and a high sugar diet is rumored to be especially bad for this. A couple spoonfuls of coconut oil in your tea won't make a big difference. If you follow that up with a cheeseburger, fries, and a super sized sugary soda, then you may have a problem.

1 like

I have decided to continue with my two spoonful's of coconut oil everyday. And, I will definitely continue with dairy products, fish, sea food and all types of meat.

Thanks, Tom, for your prompt reply.

2 likes

When I was first diagnosed, I tried to make radical dietary changes and it didn't work. It was just too much change on top of the changes that come with cancer and its treatment. Also radiation and raw veggies make for horrible digestion.

Since then I've been making incremental changes with more success. For example, a piece of fruit with a sandwich instead of potato chips. More dark chocolate and less ice cream to reduce sugar and some dairy yet still satisfy my dessert cravings.

1 like

Good for you, Tom. I try to avoid carbs, as far as possible, as I am diabetic. Therefore, as far as possible, only low glycemic foods.

Dark chocolate, btw, is good. Especially, dark chocolate with high cocoa content.

Cheers and all the very best, Tom.

1 like

Well, the idea is to block the pathway, not NOT to eat... she praises olive oil against cancer in her book.

My only concern about coconut oil is a cardiovascular one.

Of course if you are on a keto diet this could be a concern. On her FB site a guy tell of having a 600% increase in PSA doing keto. But another did well....

So more important is to block the pathway (lipid statin, metformin, etc)

I'm always a bit grumpy when I see internet pundits referring to fats & saturated fats in this way.

Fatty acids differ in two ways: the lengths of the carbon backbone & the number & positions of double bonds (these are where the carbon chain is not fully hydrogenated, and the chain can bend.) Very small differences in structure can result in big differences in biochemical activity in the body.

To compicate things, there are no pure fatty acids in nature. You have to go to the USDA database to get the breakdowns.

But to cut to the chase, see my post on myristic acid:

healthunlocked.com/advanced...

-Patrick

4 likes

Thanks, Patrick.

I get grumpy too. That is an extraordinary claim and demands extraordinary evidence. I'm reading her book but stuff like that degrades her credibility.

My PSA went down for 8 months in a row when I did hard keto diet. There are well founded scientific arguments for deep ketosis stressing some cancer cells. Healthy fats like coconut oil are essential to get to and stay in deep ketosis.

I'll study her book and her map, but remarks like that means I'll be keeping a bag of salt by my side.

3 likes

What I have seen till now is that everyone reacts differently to diet. Keto is for some great and for some really bad. Remain the fact that PCa is more fatty acid and glutamine driven, and glucose comes in later in stage.

The interest in her book (besides that she had a great success for herself), is the metabolic pathway description and that she was one of the first to use all these off-label drugs that now are more currently used. Now there is the COC protocol, but it has just 4-5 off-label drugs and does not block all pathways.

That's another extraordinary claim. Where is the evidence?

1 like

well, there is a lot of research. BUT: PCa can create his own fatty acids, so the thing is to block the pathway, since to starve cancer cells only with diet probably we should starve ourselves. example: tandfonline.com/doi/full/10...

Thanks very much, FCoffey.

HiddenThis reply has been deleted

I will add to the post the names to the abbreviations . In any case, I downloaded the book for 5$ where you get much more info

HiddenThis reply has been deleted

Jane McLelland- How to starve cancer.

Edition- I think her own. I bought it from KoBo Books

It's available from Amazon as well.

Chocolate chip ice cream (two scoops).

Good Luck, Good Health and Good Humor.

j-o-h-n Thursday 05/30/2019 7:30 PM DST

I read the book soon after it was published, found it interesting and worth exploring. I've had a videocon with the author Jane Mclelland and subsequently contacted the COC where I have started their protocol alongside many of the supplements Jane recommends in her book. I'm currently having chemo (Docytaxel) with my MedOnc fully aware of my 'off-label' choices. I'll see where this path takes me.

Interesting ! What stage and Gleason do you have? For how long have you been on the protocol and did you experience some change? Do you take all off-label meds during chemo and did you stop some supplements? Any side effects of off-label meds? Are you on ADT and did you have RP or radiation?

Stage 4, Gleason 9. I've been on the Care oncology protocol and additional supps since March. No new Mets since coming off a clinical trial in Feb and starting chemo in May. Yes, I'm taking off-label supps with chemo, but not experienced any side effects, ADT and chemo hits with the fatigue as usual. I had 6 sessions of radiation on my prostate in March/April this year. Having bloods this week and hopefully scans in a month or so.

I just read your posts. Are you still on Firmagon? You take metformin, artovastatin, mebendazol and doxycline with chemo, maybe also metformin? Did you stop some supplements because of chemo? Hope for you you get good results! After chemo you have to rebuild immunity!

In the same direction of McLelland: Dukoral a anti cholera vaccine could be an additional idea.

Yes, I have ADT every month (Firmagon). I pulse between Mebendazol and Doxycycline monthly. I also self inject Neulasta the day after Chemo to keep white blood cells from falling too low (immunity) and plan to take a course of pro-biotics to keep gut health reasonable.

1 like

Would you mind takings few minutes and write out a list if all the meds you are taking. Would be very helpful to get whole list and ideal dosages.

I am Gl 9 and just started degarelix, PSA is .1 as a result, Test. 4.

I take Quercetin, Vit A, Reserv. and Isoflavanoids. Also Vit D, & Calcium per DFCI MO.

thanks.

Will PM you

Can you also please PM me. It would be great if you gave us regular updates on your progress. I have read Jane's book. Firstly, I must say she is a very gutsy lady. The book is well written. I could not put it down, until I finished it. Not yet looked at her FB page. As an author of a number of successful PCa books, in long term PCa remission and with a brother at Stage 4, I found it's content well presented, well researched and tested by her. I was at a biotech presentation today. Spoke to a top USA professor about NCCN PCa guidelines. Very political he said. Code for 'controlled by Big Pharma'.

I think her book needs to find as high a profile as possible.

You may also like...