Advanced Prostate Cancer
5,765 members5,468 posts

NALAKRATS EXPOSES HIMSELF

NALAKRATS EXPOSES HIMSELF

Having been an active member since July of 2016, and with Pca for 3 years, A couple of my followers have egged me on to show myself---so Here I am today at 75 yrs of age. And yes I can still take 300 lbs in the gym.

73 Replies
oldestnewest

Holy crap! I wanna look as good as you in 22 years.

4 likes

I would be happy to just be alive...

9 likes

That too!

1 like

Me too!

2 likes

Me three!

1 like

I’m shooting for 60!

4 likes

Why so modest Lulu 700. I am sure you will be a seond Nalakrats at 75! Best of luck young man! I am 78. PCA dx 7years back on Biopsy.

1 like

Thank you Sir!

1 like

Take your supplements and stay in the gym--4 days a week for 2 hour sessions--even when being beaten up with ADT.

Nalakrats

12 likes

What supplements might you recommend?

I do not like to discuss what I take in a public forum, as one might think that what I do they should do. If you are taking supplements for general health, you can message me. And I can tell you what the Naturopaths suggest. If it is for Pca, that is another subject--and more importantly--- where are you in your Pca journey--as all that you may need at this time is Orthodox Medical Treatment.

Nalakrats

Haha, love the title! And thank you for always sharing your knowledge & humor here on the forum. ✌🏼

4 likes

You bet!

4 likes

Thanks for sharing. And, yeah! You're rocking 75!

2 likes

Look like a god to me...hehehe

2 likes

Happy Birthay to One distinguished looking gentleman! 75 is sure 3/4 of something big. Thanks for contributing!

1 like

Whoa! Was expecting to see the 2 inches the crocodiles had left. Very impressive! At 68 I resemble Jeff Dunham's Walter. So no pics of me. Never, ever. But my 12 year old granddaughter is really, really cute.

5 likes

It was time to have some fun--but it is really me.

Nalakrats

5 likes

I dunno...who says you're not a God ?!? Kinda looks like a Greek god...white marble and all that... 😜

4 likes

looking good sir keep up the good work!!!

1 like

I work at it every day--3-4 days/week in gym, even thru ADT treatment for 22 months--Supplements taken about 7 times a day--on a stringent schedule. So it is hard to not have an hour go by--without thinking of Pca. Then there are the Posts--many more about to be written.

Nalakrats

7 likes

Thanks for giving us a picture to go with the name. You're in great shape and you should be proud.

1 like

Pride I have been trying to get substituted with Humility--for a long time---the purpose of the picture is to show what can be done with this disease. When diagnosed--the doctor, suggested I not treat and try to enjoy a year or so. I has not given long to live--so I went to war with this disease--and still fighting---the photo is to encourage others.

Nalakrats

24 likes

I'm off treatment with "normal" T and with 6-7 days in the gym can also "take" 300 lbs. I just do it with 30 reps X 10 lbs. Everyone wants to "Be Like Nalakrats"!

Cujoe-the-canine-terror

6 likes

I was just going to say, Maybe 10 reps x 30 lbs!

1 like

Thank you Nalakrats! You look awesome! My husband has been faithfully following your regiimine. He also works out everyday, he has to with the ADT Side effects. His next PSAis in November.

We would be lost without you and all your knowledge!, Thank you for all the guidance you have given.

5 likes

Thank you... congratulations, you are an inspiration...

2 likes

Looking good Nal. We're you an original from the movie "Pumping Iron?"

Nick

1 like

No--but I have been in the gym, for about 50 years--missed a bit during the Viet Nam War, and some extended overseas business travel--but I did not miss, while on the ADT protocol, that slammed my T to the Basement---the gym under treatment helped slow the muscle wasting, not totally--but enough to allow for a recovery that took about 6 months when I went on the ADT vacation, about 10 months ago. Diet--high protein with supplemental Whey Isolate Protein, the type body builders use, and a bone health protocol, that allowed for heavy weight bearing had some effect.

Nalakrats

3 likes

Nalakrats, thanks for the smile and, yes, Hope that your photo brings. I think how to live well with ADT (for me now 8.5 years) is an overlooked area of health by almost all the oncologists I have encountered; when questioned they've told me that's what my primary doc is for. The arrival of bone mets 7.5 years ago curtailed my strenuous activities, but I think I overreacted in retrospect. Now 4.5 years of enzalutamide plus ADT has aged me, really enlarged my breasts, and continues to increase fatty tissue. But I'm not only alive but most days Fully Alive - not as the man I once was, perhaps, but as the human I am. I still do an hour on the ellipse most every day when home. Last year I tried a programmed workout with Lupron's "The Man Plan" bands, but one of their seated exercises gave me a slipped disc, so stopped that. One tries. Anyway, cheers to you!

5 likes

The visceral fat build-up is the hardest thing to get control of--one of my Docs. says it never goes away--even when off ADT type drugs for extended times. I have about 3 lbs to go to get it gone--not easy---pulling 150 lbs in AB crunches and hitting up to 150 reps at a session. This combined with a very high protein diet--no bread, no pasta, nothing with added sugar---my only sugar comes from fresh fruits--I even avoid orange juice as the sugar content is so high. And as a Jew--I eat Biblically Kosher.

Nalakrats

7 likes

“ Fully alive” God has blessed you with a wonderful spirit..” “as the human i am ” very nice words. Thank you!

Looking good, Nal! Gator blood?

I hate to one up you, but an image, reported to be mine, graced the cover of GQ (Genitals Quivering) magazine a few months ago. 😎

4 likes

Gator Blood every day---morning and night before breakfast, and before sleep--when wintering over this year in Florida, I hope to get a few gallons of Gator Blood--when fishing.

Nalakrats

Wow! Even my husband, a man of few words, was impressed by your big muscles.

Can’t wait to read Gus’ response.

1 like

Probably something to do with me eating raw Gator meat and downing it with Gator Blood.

Nalakrats

Looking great...thanks for giving us hope, humor and knowledge

Glad you understood--it was all about Humor---this site since coming back was a little depressing, with so many men suffering.

Nalakrats

5 likes

You look good ( from neck down :>)). At 72 and cursed with Intraductal, the gym has been a lifesaver and I play Pickleball, too. My gut is still big from ADT but I just went back on protein after vegan for 2 years. I feel much stronger, but not better looking. Thanks for sharing and you inspiration!

1 like

I have Ductal Cribriform--the rarest of the ductals--it really takes hard work without T--my T on ADT vacation came roaring back--and since I have been in the gym for 50 years---the ADT was impossible to completely overcome--but I held on to 80%, and when I went on a remission vacation--and off the primary ADT---I got most of it back--still some visceral fat around the middle that has to go--but Docs. tell me it is inside around the intestinal track, and organs---so it takes really a long time to get back---if you ever do--and when you are my age--it is suppose to be harder---but my T is back as if I was 35--so in a few more months I may get it all back. Just happy to be alive.

Nalakrats

1 like

Thanks for exposing yourself! 😀

1 like

You look GREAT! Keep up the good work. Your are an inspiration for us and help many of the new comers to the site. Thanks!

My hat is off to you Sir! I don't look that fit at 65, I can only hope. Also, I respect all the knowledge you have accumulated about pca, particularly natural supplements. Have a great day, I wish you the best.

1 like

Thank you very much, I am still a work in progress.

Nalakrats

looking good!

1 like

Way to go. 😀😀😀

1 like

I thought I was doing good at the elliptical for 1/2 hour a day. Maybe I need to up that to a full hour and get rid of some flab. Hat off to Nalakrats.

1 like

I have to admit that you , in part , inspired me to get back in the gym and workout with significant intensity . After nearly 6 years on ADT and nadir testosterone my weakness and fatigue was impacting the quality of many aspects of my life . After just 6 weeks of intense weight trading and some cardio this is no longer the case . I am a little concerned about adopting a high protein diet in efforts to avoid gluconeogenesis as insulin resistance increases on ADT . Again thank you for your posts and your inspiration!

2 likes

You look great. Keep up the great fight👍

You sir, look great! Happy to put a face to all that knowledge! To many, many, many more years to you!! 😊

nice garden....

Good Luck and Good Health.

j-o-h-n Sunday 10/14/2018 11:34 AM EDT

2 likes

Hello friend. I awoke thinking about Christmas and what to say in what may be our farewell card as a couple. Believe it or not, my thoughts began with you! Why? Your photo pretty much says it: twenty-year-old body “paid blood for”; student of scripture, chemicals, and supplements; risk taker; kindness personified; Heavenly smile—literally. A good Jewish boy. Our relationship of a couple years with you continues, we trust, seamlessly. I’ll keep focused on Les and Christmas (which I may have said is my 79th birthday). He is still not in pain which is nearly miraculous considering the results of last week’s bone scan. That paper report is too depressing to send and showed many more mets than he had two years ago. So why aren’t we depressed? We’re reading, listening to great music, and yesterday spent several hours with two sisters and one brother-in-law from Northfield and Minnetonka at “The Egg and I” on University Ave. (I bet RJ-MN knows where that is). We laughed and talked until they should have kicked us out. They’re all headed for AZ soon where they also have homes. The brother has just had his umpteenth checkup at Mayo after being cured of a nasal tumor. He’s a retired science teacher from Hopkins and another indefatigable exerciser. Enough. Les has the coffee and toast ready. “No carbs” is no longer a consideration for what is left of our lives, but we do eat plenty of kale, Swiss chard, escarole, etc. and organic, grass-fed protein, and take the supplements recommended by you to the extent possible. Thank you for the unveiling which made what was already real, moreso. Jan and Les

1 like

Not giving up, but beginning to accept. Mrs. S

1 like

Thanks Jan and Les

Nalakrats

Looking good.

I'm 74. Always exercised a lot. 5 months on ADT now, and in spite of all the abdominal exercises, where did that paunch come from? Never had one in my life. Guess it's the visceral fat deposits you talk about as being the hardest to control?

Sure is--even when off the drugs--on a vacation or remission---you have to work very hard at diet and exercise---what a lot of people do not realize---most of this fat is not between the skin and your sac--it is internal rapped around your insides---organs and such.

Nalakrats

1 like

Wish I could see your pic. Somethings wrong with the app I guess. So happy for you and all of your success beating this nightmare. Appreciate all you do for everyone here.

1 like

What a great example you set with your commitment to exercise and positivity.

1 like

Thanks for posting! I like your attitude and action! Appreciate your informative posts too.

1 like

More to come.

Nalakrats

1 like

Thank you for your positve attitude always.

Great to see you! You look great. You know the best thing you have is your smile. A smile helps you more than you know and all the people who see it.

Thanks for sharing to the fit, distinguished looking fellow sufferer!! I cant say as many others are likely to do on seeing you "I wish I could be like that at 75, I am 78 already!!!and not so good. The fatigue from Xtandi (or is it really the PCA running in the background that us doing it?) is the problem.

1 like

It takes hard work on ADT to lose muscles and strength--only by a small amount--I lost about 20% over 24 months, and gained back about 15% in the last 10 months while off the ADT--still have a little to go--it is a war for sure.

Nalakrats

You're an inspiration Nal!

Thanks for sharing! You have given me hope because lately I have noticed a decrease in my physical strength. I went golfing earlier this month and realized I wasn't hitting the ball very far. So my wife and I have taken up yoga. Since starting, I have noticed a vast improvement in strength and flexibility. An added benefit is that it calm my mind. In addition to that I will work in some time at the gym to help get my physical strength back. Thanks for your inspiration.

1 like

Good job on the yoga..

For some reason i cannot see ur pic here and because there are so many great comments, i am very curious! But just the same, glad u r looking good and feeling good! Keep it up! 😊

1 like

Go to a Post by Gusgold --who reposts my Picture with an alligator--he added.

Nalakrats

1 like

I finally saw it! Wow u dont look 75 at all! Great job! Well done! I will have to check the pic with alligator too, must be funny! 😂

Thanks! 😊

1 like

Wow. You are an inspiration to all of us here. I thank you for all the hope you give to us through this journey. Will share with my hubby to hopefully encourage him more even as our newest results were not so positive. Thank you for everything and keep fighting!

Sheri (wife,caregiver,cheerleader)

What can I say that hasn't already been said..... as I said once before.... you give hope to many. Lots of dedication and hard work Nal!

Pretty flowers too.

🌼 Jackie

You may also like...